Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
:( Good luck to him! So, who is now left from our academy who might make it at United (until we decide to sell him)? Pls don't say Januzaj as he is not a proper academy product.

And who is there now who really loves United and is also not completely useless like Fletcher? Welbeck and Chicharito loved the club and always gave everything. I would say only DDG, Rafael and Jones might fit the bill. Herrera and Rojo at least already seem like they couldn't be happier. Hopefully we won't have too many players who don't feel proper attachement to the club.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I agree that it's a good deal for Arsenal and I think selling him could be a mistake but I think he'll be doing very well to get 15 goals for them. He just doesn't have the instinct of a top striker, IMO.
I think given a run of games playing up top he can have that instinct though. The only real run playing as a striker he got for us was around Christmas last year when he got 6 goals in what 6 or 7 games? I know you could describe it as a purple patch, but it was really his only spell as an out and out striker for us and he delivered. I reckon he can deliver for Arsenal too. 20 goals may be a big ask but I reckon he'll get there.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Danny seems like a great lad and should have been here for years to come. It's a short sighted decision which we'll regret in time.

Selling a quality young player to a direct rival is not what this club is about. Were becoming a joke of a club. I miss SAF and Gill :(:(:(:(
The official tweet is disgusting as well.
He wanted to go. What do you expect the club to do, build the entire team around him or lock him in a cupboard?

It's annoying that he's gone to Arsenal, but he did the best thing for him, and we let him. We owed him that.

It's sad, but I wish people would stop getting irrationally angry at the club, the state of football, life the Universe and everything just because we've lost a player we like that wasn't even in our first choice line up and chose to go. Drama Llamas.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
:( Good luck to him! So, who is now left from our academy who might make it at United (until we decide to sell him)? Pls don't say Januzaj as he is not a proper academy product.

And who is there now who really loves United and is also not completely useless like Fletcher? Welbeck and Chicharito loved the club and always gave everything. I would say only DDG, Rafael and Jones might fit the bill. Herrera and Rojo at least already seem like they couldn't be happier. Hopefully we won't have too many players who don't feel proper attachement to the club.
Evans. He's in a rough patch now, but give him a couple more games and he'll show his class again.

Raul Madrid

This could turn out to be a similar situation with Madrid and etoo (although on a smaller scale as I don't think welbeck will ever be as good as etoo, nor do i think arsenal will ever win as much trophies as Barcelona).

Litch

Di Maria and Falcao are phenomenal players. We didn't need to sell Welbeck to bring them in though. He's been our best striker this season and should have been first choice on current form. Were too busy trying to fit all the big names in to actually get our most effective team on the field.
Danny obviously wanted first team football, we could guarantee him that. He decided to move on. Full stop. He could easily find himself in the same position at Arsenal......

elmo

He wanted to go. What do you expect the club to do, build the entire team around him or lock him in a cupboard?

It's annoying that he's gone to Arsenal, but we did the best by him. We owed him that.
The club respected his wishes and allowed him to leave for a club of his choosing, glad the club had the decency to at least do this for one of our academy products.

bucky

Just read the news about Welbs went to Arsenal this morning.

Shocking
How is it shocking if he doesn't feel valued by van Gaal or the club? Even if he has forced the move himself, you'd think people learned by now since the Rooney sagas that they shouldn't take it that personally and just move on. I'm disappointed like everyone else and I hope United give Wilson and Januzaj time, but regarding our summer we mostly seem to be moving in the right direction. We now have to improve our results. Arsenal still lack most of all a good defensive midfielder and a better centre-half next to Koscielny.

Crono

What the feck's everyone blubbering about? We've just got £16m for a striker who doesn't score and bought one of the best strikers in the world.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I think given a run of games playing up top he can have that instinct though. The only real run playing as a striker he got for us was around Christmas last year when he got 6 goals in what 6 or 7 games? I know you could describe it as a purple patch, but it was really his only spell as an out and out striker for us and he delivered. I reckon he can deliver for Arsenal too. 20 goals may be a big ask but I reckon he'll get there.
I dunno, he just doesn't seem like the type of player who will bust a gut to get on the end of chances in the six yard box to me. He's more likely to drop deep and help create chances rather than be the one finishing them off, IMO.

I reckon he'll easily top 20 goals in all competition for Arsenal, league goals might be a big challenging, but with how many chances they'll be creating for him, it's not too far-fetched.
I think he could get close to 20 in all competitions but I'd be surprised if he gets more than that.

Stan Jefferson

I genuinely don't care at this point, he's no longer one of us now as far as I'm concerned. goodbye.

Hellboy

Everyone is disappointed but it is time to move on like he did. We just signed one of the best strikers in world football (if not the best) who could take the PL by a storm this year.

elmo

Danny obviously wanted first team football, we could guarantee him that. He decided to move on. Full stop. He could easily find himself in the same position at Arsenal......
Giroud out injured and he's better than Sanago. He'll be first choice for a while if he's fit, can't say the same thing if he stayed with us.

shivab

We're going to regret this one big time.

He's made for the Arse.
completely agree. im dreading it. he has something to prove now. might bring out his best. what a ridiculous deal

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I dunno, he just doesn't seem like the type of player who will bust a gut to get on the end of chances in the six yard box to me. He's more likely to drop deep and help create chances rather than be the one finishing them off, IMO.

I think he could get close to 20 in all competitions but I'd be surprised if he gets more than that.
They have enough players to do that though. He'll be told to stay up top. Especially while Giroud is out.

SteveW

It's annoying that he's gone to Arsenal, but he did the best thing for him, and we let him. We owed him that.

It's sad, but can people stop getting irrationally angry at the club, the state of football, life the universe and everything because we've lost a player you like. Drama Llamas,
:wenger: What the hell are you on about here? I'm having a bad night. Do you really need to add to it with nonsense like this? :(

Iron Stove

To me it looks like he's been angling for a move since last season.. Good luck Danny, but I'm not gonna shed any tears to be honest.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
They have enough players to do that though. He'll be told to stay up top. Especially while Giroud is out.
It's a big part of his game though, I don't see him just stopping doing it, even if told. Wenger doesn't seem the type to tell his strikers to stay up top anyway.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
It's a big part of his game though, I don't see him just stopping doing it, even if told. Wenger doesn't seem the type to tell his strikers to stay up top anyway.
True. Chance are you're right. I just think he can be prolific for them. Time will tell.

Ludens the Red

Well I guess we now know how Arsenal felt when we took van Persie. Except one hundred times less worse but still, similar.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So every player who has left us is going to play in the CL? Bar Vidic probably? Well, good luck to them then. Hope Welbeck scores against Liverpool, Chelsea and City! Knowing our luck he will probably score against us and after ages Arsenal will be able to actually win a game against us!

ZDwyr

Will he celebrate if he scores against us? That is the real question...

JSMHE

I try not to cry here. But after I checked Rooney, RVP and Falcao age. I can't. I have to cry.
The bright side is we have Wilson.

YzWayne

So Arsenal replaced RVP with welbeck who can't get into the starting lineup because of RVP

Gutted he has left, but I think of LVG felt he is not part of his plan then that's fair enough. Just hoping he won't come back haunting us . Falcao must get us into top 4 if not jokes on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.