Danny Welbeck

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Welbeck was like Bamby on ice always falling on his arse, when Arsenal signed him Wenger was away in Japan and was actually quoted as saying ”if I had my way we would have taken him on loan”.
Not surprised he didn’t make it at Arsenal and moved to little Brighton, he was not good enough to be a United player or an Arsenal player but he has somehow managed to find his feet at Brighton.
I remembered he did well for Arsenal. His issue was his injury. He was always a hardworking player for Arsenal. I am happy for him to do well in Brighton. He takes good care of his body and still run alot in the field at the age of 32.

Welbeck has scored 20 goals for Brighton, in four season.
20 goals.

One of the most technically gifted players to have come from United, but my word he has never been a goalscorer.
Welbeck is not clinical in front of goals, however he is a really hard working player.

Last edited:

The-Mezzala

Scoring aside, he was very good for us under Fergie.
True he was decent under Fergie. But he definitely raises his game but can’t blame him any athlete who feels they were sold unfairly is going to carry that with them. Just frustrating as Brighton fans all say he is hot and cold for them usually hot against us

Melville Red

I remembered he did well for Arsenal. His issue was his injury. He was always a hardworking player for Arsenal. I am happy for him to do well in Brighton. He takes good care of his body and still run alot in the field at the age of 32.

Welbeck is not clinical in front of goals, however he is a really hard working player.
To be honest I’d rather have him in my squad than Martial, but then that doesn’t say much does it?
He has found his level, doubt he would have bern playing had Brightons young forward whose name I’ve forgotten was fit.

Amir

We all know that he would have been a better option than Wout and actually in our system of pressing from the front he’d be ideal as the experienced one.
If only we had a real DOF he would have forseen in 2014 our needs for early 2023. Welbeck would have had to wait for nine years, but I'm sure he would have been patient :)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If only we had a real DOF he would have forseen in 2014 our needs for early 2023. Welbeck would have had to wait for nine years, but I'm sure he would have been patient :)
He’s our boy! Nah I mean we could have probably signed him for a small fee

Nero

Didn't realise his record was that horrific. 33 years old and hasn't even reached 100 career goals yet.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Didn't realise his record was that horrific. 33 years old and hasn't even reached 100 career goals yet.
Funny thing is Martial isnt that much better if you consider total of minutes played and not age.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Think he'll play into his late thirties, seeing as he has had sent a lot of his career out of the team.

Bobski

He would actually have been a sensible pickup as a short term back up striker to Hojlund. Much better with his back to goal, and linking up with the other attackers, still very good physically. Not a goal threat but would help others to be with his set up play and maybe help Rasmus develop.

Trequarista10

I can't believe he's 33.

He would/should have been a great LW if it weren't for injuries and if he'd wanted it. Think he had his mind set on being the number 9 but he was never clinical enough.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Has now scored 3+ goals in 10 PL seasons. Aging like fine wine.
:lol:

I'm a fan of how his league goal totals since he left us look like a ball-by-ball recap of a couple of T20 overs.

Must have hit the keeper's helmet in 17-18. Smart single to retain the strike in his last season at Arsenal.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Loved his bambi on ice routine when he started with United, had some really good games, but THAT attempt on Neur, that's something I'll never forget or understand.

Happy for him to be playing in PL, can be manace on his good day.