Danny Welbeck

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Little cnut can’t wait to score against us every season, every time we get someone as pathetic as Welbeck coming through we should shoot them into the fecking sun. Can’t believe we’ve brought through another Scouse Rat.
:lol:

Fridge chutney

Little cnut can’t wait to score against us every season, every time we get someone as pathetic as Welbeck coming through we should shoot them into the fecking sun. Can’t believe we’ve brought through another Scouse Rat.
Kinda harsh

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
:lol:

Jev

Seriously, how big a percentage of his Brighton goals have been against us?

Idxomer

You can tell he came up under Fergie compared to the other United academy players today who jog around out of possession.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
So tired of how happy he looks to score against us, that coupled with how he forced through a move to arsenal of all clubs having come through our system since what the age of 7? I bet he rewatches his goals against us in his head to stay hard whilst he plows his missus. Dislikable little cnut.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I didn't want to sell him at the time and, despite the injuries, I still would've kept him. At the time, he was probably our best player under pressure (along with RvP in his prime) and could dribble. Two attributes we've been in desperate need of for so many years. Not to mention his workrate and nice link-up play with whoever he played with.

Yes, his goal scoring record was never good enough, but the attributes he did bring to the team outweighed that for me.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I didn't want to sell him at the time and, despite the injuries, I still would've kept him. At the time, he was probably our best player under pressure (along with RvP in his prime) and could dribble. Two attributes we've been in desperate need of for so many years. Not to mention his workrate and nice link-up play with whoever he played with.

Yes, his goal scoring record was never good enough, but the attributes he did bring to the team outweighed that for me.
RvP in his prime wasn't our player.

Yagami

Good post resistant
RvP in his prime wasn't our player.
Well, I meant in his prime for us, which was the first half of the 12/13 where he carried his 11/12 form over. I agree the majority of his prime was at Arsenal, but we got a little bit of it, too.

The best game in terms of keeping the ball under pressure from RvP for us was away to Madrid which was actually in the latter half of the season. I believe he missed a sitter or two that game but his general play was excellent. Along with Welbeck that game, too! Everyone else seemed to have stage fright.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
United Fans before didn't understand welbeck. I supported him knowing that he is the type of striker that will do well in such a possession based fluid system. Unfortunately at United, we don't play such attractive football.

Not surprised that he is doing well at Brighton and also at Arsenal. Nicholas jackson of chelsea has very similiar profile to him

Bobski

Always been an excellent player, if he had scored that type of goal more often he would still be at Utd and in the England squad. Has excellent technique, great physical attributes, proper team player.

Hammondo

Always been an excellent player, if he had scored that type of goal more often he would still be at Utd and in the England squad. Has excellent technique, great physical attributes, proper team player.
We have never played that kind of football though.

Bobski

We have never played that kind of football though.
That is one of the good things about Welbeck, he is a adaptable. His high level of technique and football IQ allows him to slot into most styles fairly easily. Never going to be the star or "the guy" that lots of fans want from attackers, but he helps the team work, which is why Fergie had so much faith in him.

Hammondo

That is one of the good things about Welbeck, he is a adaptable. His high level of technique and football IQ allows him to slot into most styles fairly easily. Never going to be the star or "the guy" that lots of fans want from attackers, but he helps the team work, which is why Fergie had so much faith in him.
That is true, but I think he shines in this style of football due to the things you mentioned.

We tend to ignore football IQ altogether.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Selling him to spend a fortune on a disastrous short term 'marquee' signing is the last 10 years in a nutshell.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
All of the fans saying selling him was a mistake blah were probably calling for him to be sold.

Wonder if they also want Pereira back too

Care_de_Bobo

All of the fans saying selling him was a mistake blah were probably calling for him to be sold.

Wonder if they also want Pereira back too
I always wanted us to keep Welbeck and never rated Pereira even though I thought he had great technique.

It felt like Welbeck scooping the ball into Neuer's hand when he had that one on one against Bayern was the final straw for a lot of fans. He was never clinical enough, but the rest of his game was always great. Could never fault his effort. No doubt he'd be a better player to have in the squad over Martial at the moment, which says a lot about the way we nurture potential these days.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was such a huge mistake selling him etc etc.
Except it wasn't.
And he's averaged about 5 goals a season in the decade since leaving. It's just sods law about 4 or 5 have been against us.
It happens. It doesn't for a second mean he'd be cutting it here still. Its like people have forgotten the threads ripping into him.

R'hllor

:lol: Thinking selling that donkey was a mistake, holy shit, we basically pulled a scam getting w/e amount of mils. for him. Hope people trolling with mistake claim.

Irrational.

Welbeck and Gross have an annoying habit of turning up against us, then going missing for the rest of the season.

I’m going to watch the replay of Rooney putting Welbeck clean through in that CL game against Bayern and him stupidly trying to chip Neuer on repeat to make me feel better.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We all know that he would have been a better option than Wout and actually in our system of pressing from the front he’d be ideal as the experienced one.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Welbeck and Gross have an annoying habit of turning up against us, then going missing for the rest of the season.

I’m going to watch the replay of Rooney putting Welbeck clean through in that CL game against Bayern and him stupidly trying to chip Neuer on repeat to make me feel better.
It's not just them, we have an annoying lack of control in games. It happens far more often than in Fergies time when it was just the odd Danny Mills here and there.

Revan

Assumptionman
For perspective, he has scored 25 goals on his last 5 seasons. The awful really bad terrible Martial has scored 54 at the same time.

So nope, he ain’t that great. Every striker bar Wout, who plays regularly, scores occasionally.

Bobski

For perspective, he has scored 25 goals on his last 5 seasons. The awful really bad terrible Martial has scored 54 at the same time.

So nope, he ain’t that great. Every striker bar Wout, who plays regularly, scores occasionally.
Well yes, that is the issue of course. He has everything you could want out of a forward in terms of all round game, hold up play, tactical awareness and football IQ. However he has that huge weakness in his goal output, said earlier in the thread if he was even a 12-15 man a season he would have had a long career at top clubs.

People calling him a donkey are mad though, bad finisher and doesn't have the instinctive poachers feeling for where to be (that goal yesterday is the type of goal he hasn't scored near enough of) but he is a very good footballer.

Revan

Assumptionman
Well yes, that is the issue of course. He has everything you could want out of a forward in terms of all round game, hold up play, tactical awareness and football IQ. However he has that huge weakness in his goal output, said earlier in the thread if he was even a 12-15 man a season he would have had a long career at top clubs.

People calling him a donkey are mad though, bad finisher and doesn't have the instinctive poachers feeling for where to be (that goal yesterday is the type of goal he hasn't scored near enough of) but he is a very good footballer.
For a striker, being allergic to goals is definitely a massive weakness. A bit like being shit at shotstopping if you are a goalkeeper.

I do not think that he is a donkey but he is also not a very good footballer. He is kinda mediocre

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
A goal roughly every 4 games, as a striker.

Yeah, we've definitely missed the 46 goals he's scored since leaving us 9 years ago.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
I’m sorry, but this simply isn’t true. Groß (along with Dunk) is our most consistent and reliable player. He rarely has a poor game and often has excellent ones. He has some of the best stats in world football for key metrics such as chances created, involvement in goals scored and pass progression.

As a STH who goes to every game home and away, I can assure you Groß is the first name on the team sheet (again, along with Dunk). He’s also our leading PL goal scorer.

Red-17

:lol: Thinking selling that donkey was a mistake, holy shit, we basically pulled a scam getting w/e amount of mils. for him. Hope people trolling with mistake claim.
Our striking options since we sold him have been a washed up Falcao and RVP, half a season of Ibrahimovic who couldn't run but was still solid, Martial who nothing more needs to be said about, and a few other washed up players in Cavani, Ighalo etc. He is a better presser than all of those players by a significant amount, he is also better at link up play than most of them as well. It was a mistake selling him when we did, and we clearly have had no long term answers since he left. Hojlund looks to be the first true striker who could be here for the long term and Welbeck left how long ago? Not sure why having a hard working team oriented academy player in the squad is to be laughed about given the attitude of a signifiant chunk of our other academy/English contingent at the club.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Welbeck has scored 20 goals for Brighton, in four season.
20 goals.

One of the most technically gifted players to have come from United, but my word he has never been a goalscorer.

Melville Red

Welbeck was like Bamby on ice always falling on his arse, when Arsenal signed him Wenger was away in Japan and was actually quoted as saying ”if I had my way we would have taken him on loan”.
Not surprised he didn’t make it at Arsenal and moved to little Brighton, he was not good enough to be a United player or an Arsenal player but he has somehow managed to find his feet at Brighton.

R'hllor

Our striking options since we sold him have been a washed up Falcao and RVP, half a season of Ibrahimovic who couldn't run but was still solid, Martial who nothing more needs to be said about, and a few other washed up players in Cavani, Ighalo etc. He is a better presser than all of those players by a significant amount, he is also better at link up play than most of them as well. It was a mistake selling him when we did, and we clearly have had no long term answers since he left. Hojlund looks to be the first true striker who could be here for the long term and Welbeck left how long ago? Not sure why having a hard working team oriented academy player in the squad is to be laughed about given the attitude of a signifiant chunk of our other academy/English contingent at the club.
There is no universe where selling him was a mistake, absolute waste of space, all this he was better at this and that than X<Y<Z...yea bs and all this without even mentioning his goal ration and path after us, rather have a lamp post up front than him

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There is no universe where selling him was a mistake, absolute waste of space, all this he was better at this and that than X<Y<Z...yea bs and all this without even mentioning his goal ration and path after us, rather have a lamp post up front than him
Well to be fair, you got your wish