Dante

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Latest twitter rumor.

Apparently we're in for him, and he's up for it.

Varun

Staff
Will someone explain why Bayern would sell one of their 2 CBs? Badstuber is out for a long time and Kirchoff isnt rated highly enough to replace Dante.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Makes sense if we lose Vidic and Rio. Always good to have a proper senior defender.

Won't happen but as a link...makes sense.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Will someone explain why Bayern would sell one of their 2 CBs? Badstuber is out for a long time and Kirchoff isnt rated highly enough to replace Dante.
Kirchhoff actually left in the winter, he's on loan to Schalke for 18 months. Badstuber won't return until the next season, so at the moment we have Boateng, Dante and van Buyten and so far Martinez was clearly used as a midfielder not as a centerback. There's no way we sell Dante, makes no sense at all.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Pep to move Martinez to CB?
Probably, like he had Mascherano in defence at Barcelona. A ball playing defender has become increasingly important in the modern game, with most clubs only playing one striker, the other centre-back becomes free to take the ball out of defence.

Varun

Staff
Kirchhoff actually left in the winter, he's on loan to Schalke for 18 months. Badstuber won't return until the next season, so at the moment we have Boateng, Dante and van Buyten and so far Martinez was clearly used as a midfielder not as a centerback. There's no way we sell Dante, makes no sense at all.
Ah, didnt know about Kirchoff. 0 chance of this happening then unless Bayern are about to unveil a shiny new CB, the talent hoggers :(

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Why should he leave Bayern Munich???

And Bayern Munich will not sell him in January!!!!
Maybe in the summer.......according to the Bild they want buy a "world-class center-back" for the new season.

Dante was amazing for Bayern Munich in the last 18 months no doubt.......but he's 30

Nickosaur

Probably, like he had Mascherano in defence at Barcelona. A ball playing defender has become increasingly important in the modern game, with most clubs only playing one striker, the other centre-back becomes free to take the ball out of defence.
Aye it would make a lot of sense. I'd be disappointed to see him playing there though, I think he's fantastic in that defensive midfield role, and while he'd do a great job I can't help but think it would be a waste of his talents.

On Dante - really, really can't see it happening. Having said that, if it was for a decent price, I'd be very happy. As others have said he's a late bloomer, and is proven at the very top level.

Nickosaur

Why should he leave Bayern Munich???

And Bayern Munich will not sell him in January!!!!
Maybe in the summer.......according to the Bild they want buy a "world-class center-back" for the new season.

Dante was amazing for Bayern Munich in the last 18 months no doubt.......but he's 30
Agree that it won't happen, but I wouldn't dismiss him because of his age. He's one of the top CBs in Europe, and even if we got say just two years out of him, I think he'd do an excellent job in stabilising our defence in this transitional period.

KiD MoYeS

Fox Sports Brazil claiming he'll be signed before the transfer window shuts but the fee and nature of the deal remain unknown.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's not negotiating a new deal by any chance is he?

An experienced older CB would make sense if it's at the right price.

Rio is done, Vidic isn't far behind and Smalling and Jones aren't experienced enough.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Aye it would make a lot of sense. I'd be disappointed to see him playing there though, I think he's fantastic in that defensive midfield role, and while he'd do a great job I can't help but think it would be a waste of his talents.
It more and more looks like Guardiola wants to change the system towards a 343, which then means Martinez is as perfect a player as you can wish for in that central libero/sweeper/midfielder/defender/whateveryouwanttocallit role. Dante, Boateng and Badstuber all have experiences as fullbacks and should be well suited to the wide centerback positions and Guardiola also already used Contento (our backup leftback) as a left centerback.

I highly doubt we'll see Martinez as one of the two centerbacks in a back 4, that would be a waste.

Nickosaur

Can someone post the tweet confirming its all bullshit please, I'm starting to feel excited...

edit/ cheers Sean :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If it did happen...

A short term signing but at least a high quality one, yeah? I mean, he's looked very good any time I've seen him but that was only in the CL really. Is he good enough to be our main defender for a few years?

Plugsy

30's a great age for a CB given the other options we have. He could easily have 3-5 years on top

Shark

@NotShark
Well he did say no knowledge of 'his move' to United, instead of no knowledge of 'a move' to United.

It's still on lads.

KiD MoYeS

Manchester United interested in Dante transfer admits the Bayern Munich defender
Brazil centre-back Dante has admitted that Manchester United are trying to sign him.

The Bayern Munich defender was speaking to Fox Sports Brasil in his homeland when the broadcaster announced that he was close to an Old Trafford deal.

When asked if he had signed for David Moyes' men, the 30-year-old responded "not yet," but admitted that there is interest from the English champions.

"I'm thankful for the Manchester United interest, it will all be sorted out by the end of the month."

The former Borussia Moenchengladbach man has appeared in 15 of Bayern's 16 games this season.
The Beano are reporting it!

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Maybe Moyes things Dante is the man to lead us from Hell through Purgatory to the Promised Land.