Gaming Dark Souls III

Abraxas

I got the Claymore from there. But isn't it a Dex weapon? Don't think I have the stats to wield it
It has an A scaling in strength with a heavy gem, it's an option.

Other good early options are Vordts Hammer, which you already have access to from defeating that boss.

Greataxe is available from the hollows wielding it on the High Wall.

Or my reccomendation would be Exile Greatsword which you'll come across within the next few hours. Has a much better running attack than most strength weapons and absurd damage.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I got the Claymore from there. But isn't it a Dex weapon? Don't think I have the stats to wield it
No, it's one of the best weapons for people who like to power play.

I've never been a STR player though, so these other guys will likely have better options. The beauty of DS3 (like the earlier ones) is that any weapon can take you through the game, so there's no wrong choice.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Those 2 mega crabs in the swamp are fecking killing me. And they seem to be impervious to fire damage too. Think I have cleared everything once in the Road to Sacrifices area except for those mega crabs.

Also, it seems I can exchange Boss Souls for weapons.... The only thing that caught my eye was a ring that seems to generate health..... Will it be a good option to make the trade or should I hold on to the Boss Soul for another weapon which will be accessible a bit later in the game?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Those 2 mega crabs in the swamp are fecking killing me. And they seem to be impervious to fire damage too. Think I have cleared everything once in the Road to Sacrifices area except for those mega crabs.

Also, it seems I can exchange Boss Souls for weapons.... The only thing that caught my eye was a ring that seems to generate health..... Will it be a good option to make the trade or should I hold on to the Boss Soul for another weapon which will be accessible a bit later in the game?
You can duplicate boss souls in the walking castles. What this ring anyway?

Woodzy

I love that FromSoft games are starting to dominate the first page of this forum. We should probably have one thread for the love-in really.

Moby

Dick
I love that FromSoft games are starting to dominate the first page of this forum. We should probably have one thread for the love-in really.
With Elden Ring coming out and being such a huge release people were bound to go back and revisit previous titles.

SuperiorXI

The Dancer fight is such a BS fight. How the feck is one supposed to dodge those long sweeping attacks.
This was the hardest fight in the main game for me (until the DLC), it took me ages. The second form is even worse. I resorted to a sort of cheese on the second form where you stand at the door dodging.

harshad

Scout
I cant seem to escape the grab attack that she does. Its only when I have avoided getting grabbed that I managed to trigger the 2nd phase of the fight and promptly die to the swinging attack that she starts with.

harshad

Scout
When should one ideally attempt the DLCs. I triggered the painted world DLC by interacting with the NPC at the Cleansing Chapel so have access to that but not sure where the other DLC is accessed from.

Gehrman

When should one ideally attempt the DLCs. I triggered the painted world DLC by interacting with the NPC at the Cleansing Chapel so have access to that but not sure where the other DLC is accessed from.
I think the ringed City one is at the final area. I think you can go to the ringed City after Beating the main boss of the 1st dlc. I think sl 100+ is recommended.

Gehrman

For the Painted World DLC or the Ringed City DLC?
I think I am between SL65-70.
Ringed City. But you can always try and jump in. It's designed to be post the main game though.

Ainu

Ringed City is bastard hard, even for a late game character. I wouldn't attempt it before you reach the end of the base game, and even then it requires patience and a very deliberate play style.

I think you should be ok for the other DLC, don't remember the mobs being particularly hard there. The boss was a painful struggle for me though.

AnotherLondonManc

I remember playing the first DLC as soon as it came out. I left a message somewhere that got over 1000 reactions. Everytime someone votes your message, you get a little bit of health back. It felt like a hack. I was basically invincible for the boss fight.

Have since gone back to it a few times and its pretty tricky. No boss in DS3 gave me more problems than Midir though. I think I died more to that boss than any other in the soulsborne/sekiro games.

Redlambs

The Dancer is one of my favourite bosses in the souls series. I always though the whole point was to dance with her, dodge roll the attacks in time like one of those Japanese dance dance revolution games. In fact that was one of From's last strong points to show that up until that you could parry or brute strength or level up but this was a newer concept that you had to learn a pattern to literally "dance" with the boss. They threw you straight in with no warning, no chance to OP yourself and to just move around the arena like she does.

Probably just my brain though :lol:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Yep she's the best. Two hand a dagger, up close sync with her rhythm. Killer fashion souls gear after you beat her too.

Otherwise just spam dark from range.

harshad

Scout
The Dancer is one of my favourite bosses in the souls series. I always though the whole point was to dance with her, dodge roll the attacks in time like one of those Japanese dance dance revolution games. In fact that was one of From's last strong points to show that up until that you could parry or brute strength or level up but this was a newer concept that you had to learn a pattern to literally "dance" with the boss. They threw you straight in with no warning, no chance to OP yourself and to just move around the arena like she does.

Probably just my brain though :lol:
Nah you are correct.... Thats how I finally beat her yesterday.... stayed behind her and attacked her.... that there was one more player in the arena that had her attention might have helped too :lol:

Redlambs

Yep she's the best. Two hand a dagger, up close sync with her rhythm. Killer fashion souls gear after you beat her too.

Otherwise just spam dark from range.
Nah you are correct.... Thats how I finally beat her yesterday.... stayed behind her and attacked her.... that there was one more player in the arena that had her attention might have helped too :lol:
There's nothing in any other souls game that quite matches up to the genius for me.

No Souls game is complete without youtube help, but if there's a boss that you really should learn how to play their style from it's The Dancer. The biggest disappointment in Elden Ring for me is there's nothing close to that level of design. Their focus was elsewhere I guess.

Abraxas

Around 50-60 is okay for Painted World. 80 for Ringed City.

Abraxas

The two best solutions for Dancer are using the cheesy ranged strategy using the pillars and circling around.

Or a good lightening weapon (less stat intensive than dark weapons). I used a Raw Dragonslayer Axe and lightening resin to beat her with a SL20 character when I was building a low level invasion build. She doesn't have that much health so as long as your weapon is suitable you should be able to outlast her. You don't need to be perfect, you need to do a lot of damage mainly, but certainly learning the patterns helps.

Ainu

Theres a third phase in Sister Frieda :mad:
I think this was the hardest boss fight across all From Soft games (minus Elden Ring which I haven't played yet) for me. Maybe not in terms of pure difficulty, but god it's a fecking long fight to repeat if you're constantly dying on the third phase. They completely overdid it with the phases in DS3.

harshad

Scout
I think this was the hardest boss fight across all From Soft games (minus Elden Ring which I haven't played yet) for me. Maybe not in terms of pure difficulty, but god it's a fecking long fight to repeat if you're constantly dying on the third phase. They completely overdid it with the phases in DS3.
Got a Titanite Slab after the second phase so thought the fight was done, but then she gets up again, and using a Dark powered Scythe. I barely manage to land a single attack during the 3 times, I have reached the 3rd phase. :lol:

Abraxas

I thought Midir was tougher than Friede. But yeah, there are one or two tricky bosses in DS3.

Gehrman

It's the best boss imo in all their souls games+elden ring. In co op anyway.