g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Darmian to Juventus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

And he did nothing wrong, on the rare occasion where he played. You would think that he was hurting the team.
When he plays he hurts the attack because he offers nothing, makes little or no effort to support the winger on his side or go on the overlap.

Nedved

He will be considered one of Europe's finest defenders when he's 33, become Juve captain at 35 and retire at 40 with a mighty beard and as a legend of the game. You are too impatient.

3KDré

He will be considered one of Europe's finest defenders when he's 33, become Juve captain at 35 and retire at 40 with a mighty beard and as a legend of the game. You are too impatient.
Only part of your prediction that there is 0 chance of happening.

El-Manos

It’s more likely you’ll meet Megan Fox tomorrow and get married.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Mighty triangle shaped sideburns, you mean

izec

Had high hopes for him. Pretty sure he can become a starter for Juve at RB and grow into the role down the years. They made Barzagli and Bonucci work, so should it be no issue in this case

IAmAWinner

Glad he's going, awful player. Had a good first couple of games and played a solid role in the Europa League, other than that pure garbage. Alexis ruined him.

Red_Orchestra

Darmian plus cash Sandro Please.
So €10m off Sandro's €50m asking price would be pretty good business.

AgentP

Good luck to him. Might not be a very good player but has done his bit whenever we needed him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Think he will be good player for Juventus.

stevoc

Valencia does just the same but never gets nearly as much hate for it.
This season he was getting there yeah, but at least he still tries to get up the pitch to help out. Though doesn't have much end product when he does granted. Plus Valencia has been at United a long time, he's 4-5 years older and he used to be good.

Thats why he's got a pass from most fans. Darmian's on the other hand has never given us anything.

Craig Ward

When he plays he hurts the attack because he offers nothing, makes little or no effort to support the winger on his side or go on the overlap.
Because all our other full backs are world class going forward aren't they?

Darmian is a good player, he was brilliant in offence and defence for Torino and has had good games for Italy.

He just hasn't settled here and hasn't had a solid run in the team. Some moves just don't work out but the hate for him is too bitter here.

If he was as dire as people thought, juventus wouldn't want him,

I'm for him moving on - just don't get the hate. Valencia has been garbage going forward for years

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Lovely bloke and clearly has something about him - I’ve never seen it though. I think his first 5 games were decent but after that an absolute ghost.

Starts for Italy and Juve want him - clearly something there.

stevoc

Because all our other full backs are world class going forward aren't they?

Darmian is a good player, he was brilliant in offence and defence for Torino and has had good games for Italy.

He just hasn't settled here and hasn't had a solid run in the team. Some moves just don't work out but the hate for him is too bitter here.

If he was as dire as people thought, juventus wouldn't want him,

I'm for him moving on - just don't get the hate. Valencia has been garbage going forward for years
Where exactly im my post did i suggest they were?

No they arent world class but at least they all get forward and try to support the attack. Which is more than can be said for Darmian.

I also couldn't give a feck how good he was at Torino, we've been hearing that shit since he came. Fact is he's been absolutely awful for 3 years. Often times looking completely uninterested in playing for United. If he plays well at Juve fair fecks to him. But that wont change how bad he's been at United.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Lovely bloke and clearly has something about him - I’ve never seen it though. I think his first 5 games were decent but after that an absolute ghost.

Starts for Italy and Juve want him - clearly something there.
Wish his first 5 games hadn't convinced me to get his name on that year's shirt

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Good bit of business to get double figures for him.

But yeah, he's rubbish... wish him all the best and stuff, and hope he transforms at Juve.... but yeah, for us at least, he's been a dreadful footballer.

Gopher Brown

Will be a good move for United hopefully we get a few quid for him but at this stage even giving him away for free would be a good deal for the club.

The worst fullback (if you can call him that) i've seen in almost 30 years of watching United and arguably the worst player signed for a decent bit of money.
Come on! I’ve seen David May play at right back!

Raw

He was just a bit of a nothing player that made up the numbers and did nothing of note during matches, apart from the one or two highlights (that goal v Palace for example).

I can see him do well at Juve. But he's never making it here.

Eugenius

He's a good player, he wouldn't be going to Juventus otherwise.

Anyone who isn't a quasi winger will look rubbish playing at full back for us. Especially on the right we have no combination play and Mata / Lingard roam in field leaving the full back to do all of the wing play. The reason why our attacks break down on the flank is that the RB is the out ball, and they end up with two men in front of them with no teammates anywhere near them.

maniwin

Why nobody seems to have no problem letting him go to a top club ? CAF don't want to let a certain frenchman go , afraid we might regret it , but what if Darmian turn world class later ?

RedDevil@84

Why nobody seems to have no problem letting him go to a top club ? CAF don't want to let a certain frenchman go and made it with other top club , what if Darmian did it with Juve and made us regret later ?
It is not the same isn't it? Darmian is not an upcoming talent. He is an established NT player.
Besides he is not playing well here. He is not able to get into the first team as well. To be fair, I would hope he does wonderfully well at Juventus.
That would prove, his talents are best utilized in an Italian setup and not an English setup. And it will be excellent for his career.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
This season he was getting there yeah, but at least he still tries to get up the pitch to help out. Though doesn't have much end product when he does granted. Plus Valencia has been at United a long time, he's 4-5 years older and he used to be good.

Thats why he's got a pass from most fans. Darmian's on the other hand has never given us anything.
Revisionism at its worst. During our run to the Europa league triumph he was regular choice at left back and was part and parcel of why we had a strong defence. You are making it sound like he has been the second coming of Prunnier

Mike Smalling

I think the Darmian hate from some on this forum is a little much. Sure, he is not Dani Alves 2.0, but he was at least solid enough defensively and a decent squad player able to put in a shift on both sides.

The thing that annoys me most about Darmian has always been his beard. When you have that little facial hair, you shave it all off - looks ridiculous.

red thru&thru

He’s no where near as bad, as most are making him out to be on here. We’ve all eulogised about how good Juve are in their recruitment, so they woud have done their homework on Darmian before buying.

It maybe just a simple case of not fitting into our tactics but he’s no means an awful player. Good luck yo the lad I say

Kag

Dreadful purchase. One of the most gutless players I've seen play for the club. That we're even getting a few quid above the £10 mill mark is a decent effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.