g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Darmian to Juventus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

204Red

Seems like a nice guy, but at times a total liability out there... can count the number of good games hes had for us on one hand.

Goodbye and good luck at Juve

RedNed77

You did not at all!

Why do you think Juventus are buying him? Because they know he's shit and they don't have anything else to do with €12M?
They think they can polish a turd. They better have a big bag of glitter to hand if that falls through.

Castia

Because some halfwit thinks he's worth spending that money on.

Its a weird one, he's looked useless at United but he's still a regular Italian international and he's on the verge of signing for Juve, he will probably do well in their league.

RedDevil@84

Because great football clubs buy poor players every window.

Darmian was a nothing player for us and will be a nothing player for Juventus.
I like your confidence. Let's see how he does at Juve.
Think he ll do well and be far more useful than what he has been for us.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Not the one to slate players, but the best I can say is that he tried.

He could probably do better in another system, but definitely not a player for United. And LVG buying him to play possession style football is something I will never understand.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Do they need a waterboy or something?

Stringer

It's a mystery he has lasted this long here. He's been atrocious in every way.

Djemba-Djemba

He had a good first 3 or 4 games and he was solid in the Europa League final.

Other than that I thought he was hopeless. It's ridiculous he lasted here for 3 seasons.

edgar allan

He was spectacularly unimpressive for the most of his time with us however he always gave his best and wish him well for the future.

stevoc

Come on! I’ve seen David May play at right back!
Ok thanks for sharing mate, i've seen Giggs play at fullback too. He like May wasn't a fullback.

No, you misunderstood my query, the question was, if he's so bad, why do Juventus want to buy him?
I imagine Juve are not buying him based on his form for United, they are taking a punt on him hoping he can recapture his form for Torino.

If they were judging him entirely on his United form i seriously doubt any good team would want.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m inclined to agree with Kag here. If he does well it will shock me.

I don’t think it’s hyperbole at all to say as a fullback he failed to show any redeeming traits at Manchester United. He’s not fast, he’s extremely useless going forward, a non-entity in the air, and his one-on-one defending was no better than our converted wingers. He also had poor stamina levels too - Especially under van Gaal in his first season.

He’s quite two footed, I suppose?

stevoc

Revisionism at its worst. During our run to the Europa league triumph he was regular choice at left back and was part and parcel of why we had a strong defence. You are making it sound like he has been the second coming of Prunnier
I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about here mate, revisionism? We were talking about Darmian and Valencia's attacking output. In that respect Darmian has never given us anything.

He was good defensively towards the end of 16/17 in set-ups that suited him no doubt, i said as much at the time.

Gopher Brown

Ok thanks for sharing mate, i've seen Giggs play at fullback too. He like May wasn't a fullback.

I imagine Juve are not buying him based on his form for United, they are taking a punt on him hoping he can recapture his form for Torino.

If they were judging him entirely on his United form i seriously doubt any good team would want.
You’re fun.

DomM

10m seems low for him in this day and age, he's a full Italy international, surely he must be worth more than that?
He's a good defender but atrocious going forward, wish him all the best.

siw2007

Though he was a good signing to start with but was quickly found out.

He has put in some good performances over the last few years but was inconsistent and never really suited to the English game.

Where our game has a lot of pace and power, he was exposed several times and ripped apart by quick forwards. The more tactical Italian game will suit him far more. He is a good defender, who has a good brain, is versatile and energetic, just didn’t adapt to our football.

It’s a good sale for us. He will do well at Juventus though I don’t expect him to become a world beater or anything.

Silas

According to Di Marzio, we're holding out for at least €20m. That's what we bought him for, I think.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Darmian is not a bad player. He's just shockingly bad in a fast paced league. He can't transition from attacking and defending. This is why he barely attacks as a fullback, because he doesn't have the recovery runs for it, and its why he is much more effective as a wingback when a centre back can cover for him.

Raw

Think it's good we're haggling. It always seems like we sell players at the first offer.

Hojoon

According to Di Marzio, we're holding out for at least €20m. That's what we bought him for, I think.
IIRC, back then Euros were weak against pounds so it was converted to 12.7m pounds. 20m euros would be a solid 17m pounds today.

rotherham_red

We'll probably settle at 15 and bring in Sandro at a slightly reduced cost and settle it that way. Juve are penny pinching bastards at the best of times so it's no use going the full hog over a few million Euros.

Silas

IIRC, back then Euros were weak against pounds so it was converted to 12.7m pounds. 20m euros would be a solid 17m pounds today.
Oh true. Assuming Juve pay up, somehow making profit on him would be great.

Last edited:

OldSchoolManc

We'll probably settle at 15 and bring in Sandro at a slightly reduced cost and settle it that way. Juve are penny pinching bastards at the best of times so it's no use going the full hog over a few million Euros.
The best we can hope for is this scenario. Is that an Italian word? Anyway, before we bought him, it must have been because he originally played well in the Italian league. Out of sight, out of mind. Much like everyone thought Owen Hargreaves was decent cos he played in Germany.

Sing you a song

£10m is a good price for him.
Once again united buy high and sell low.
Can’t remember the last time we got decent money for anybody since Ronny.

Darmian will be fine in Italy it’s a slow play league that will suit him ( also the reason Pogba looked so good there )

SteveW

I'm just relieved we found a club that want to pay his wages. No idea why Juve would want him personally

el3mel

Hopefully Juve don't back off due to the price tag because I don't think we'll find any other club stupid enough to take him. I can't blame us for asking for 20m but hopefully negotiations go smoothly.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juve are the biggest cheapskates in the history of football. Right next to Spurs.
Hopefully Juve don't back off due to the price tag because I don't think we'll find any other club stupid enough to take him. I can't blame us for asking for 20m but hopefully negotiations go smoothly.
every biggest cheapskate on earth lives off an even bigger fool proudly wasting their money :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.