Darmian to Juventus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
We probably have better fullbacks in reserve and youth systems. After a few good. initial games he's been awful.

stevoc

He's not as shit as Buttner I reckon!
I'd have Buttner over Darmian any day of the week mate personally.

Buttner wasn't great defensively but neither is Darmian. At least Buttner was decent going forward.

So yeah i stand by my earlier statement. Darmian is the worst fullback ive seen play for United.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I'd have Buttner over Darmian any day of the week mate personally.

Buttner wasn't great defensively but neither is Darmian. At least Buttner was decent going forward.

So yeah i stand by my earlier statement. Darmian is the worst fullback ive seen play for United.
Such shite. He's at nothing going forward but he's an excellent defender. Phil Bardsley has played full-back for us ffs.

Skills

Snitch
Such shite. He's at nothing going forward but he's an excellent defender. Phil Bardsley has played full-back for us ffs.
How's he an excellent defender? He's been ripped a hole everytime he's come across a decent winger

stevoc

Phil Bardsley has played full-back for us ffs.
Well i wasn't exactly including academy players who only played a few games here and there but now that you mention it. Even Bardsley's better, he's been a solid Premier League fullback for a decade which is more than i could say for Darmian.

Such shite. He's at nothing going forward but he's an excellent defender.
Obviously the criteria which you and i use to judge what makes an defender excellent is vastly different mate. One of my basic requirements is the ability to defend, outside of a few decent performances in defensive set-ups towards the end of last season Darmian has been awful for United. Awful defensively and going forward... well i've no idea haven't seen him do enough of it to really judge.

To be honest i would be reluctant to call him a decent defender never mind good and certainly not excellent.

Last edited:

Silas

The sooner the better.
Don't think there's anything about Darmian I could describe as excellent.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
You just know Juve are going to get a tune out of him and he will become one of Serie A’s best defenders.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You just know Juve are going to get a tune out of him and he will become one of Serie A’s best defenders.
Don’t care he’s looked absolutely useless in this league and no amount of coaching will save him. He can’t attack at all.

wolvored

He will play better in a slower less frantic league, but was just a bad fit here.

Canagel

Great news. Now let's get Alex Sandro included in the deal and that'll be LB sorted for us.

Jaybomb

Good move for him. He’s not a bad player but he just doesn’t suit us. We need something else.

Hopefully this opens the door for Alex Sandro to come join us.

Good move. He was good defensively but couldn't do what we asked of him in attack and never seemed to settle here. He'll do well back in Italy.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Juventus would certainly not buy him based on his time for us. He is a player who no one will be against leaving the club.

SATA

Juve will probably get him for a pittance of 5m and will end up as one of the best fullbacks in the league. He suits Serie A though

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I wonder how's the 'feck Juventus' guy gonna react to this.

Poor guy.

::sonny::

Today it's reported on the front page of CdS.

Always linked with big Serie A teams and IIRC he was heavily linked with Juventus move when we signed him, then he was Torino player so there was near 0 chance they would sell him to Juve.

Wouldn't mind him leaving as he isn't playing regularly and when he did, he wasn't that good.
From daniel alves to darmian

Brophs

The One and Only
One of those players that someone will mention in a few years and we'll almost have forgotten he was ever here. He would probably have done better with more chances, but it's not like we haven't seen enough to know he's not good enough.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I can see this one being infuriating. I can see Darmian doing well at Juventes.
Even if he does good, so what, he's one of the worst or maybe the worst player getting extreme number of starts compared to his ability. I'd seriously ship him for free because this guy can always come back and get few games here and there which should go to youngsters.

But yeah let's try to sell him first

stevoc

I can see this one being infuriating. I can see Darmian doing well at Juventes.
I think it's a sale we can all live with. If he does well fair play to him and Juve, he's just never going to be any good in a physical league or for a team that expects some sort of attacking output. We should have sold him last summer when we might have still got a decent price for him.

PoTMS

I'm surprised anyone wants him let alone Juve. One of the weaker squad players we've had in a recent times. Absolutely useless going forward and not exactly solid at the back either. Saving grace is I guess he played ok against Ajax in the Europa League. Shame as he started off so promisingly.

Kostov

Such a nothing player it bemuses me how did he last so long here. On top of that we sold Rafael who was a very good servant to the club and we replaced him with this guy. LVG masterclass....

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Can't believe he's lasted almost three years with us. Massive waste of time for all concerned.

Red00012

I’m trying to think when he last played for us. It’s been a while now...thankfully

Captain Obvious

This guy is a bag of nerves and all over the place in a high-intensity back to back football match. I remember quite a few times of him just panicking and hoofing the ball over the net in a shitty attempt at a cross. He's going to be decent for them because of Juventus's laid back style. Some players just can't handle the pace of the Premier League or English clubs and prefer the smooth jazz of Italia or the more technical style of Spain.

Good luck and goodbye, just wasn't right for us

Last edited:

Parry Gallister

No surprises, even if we don't get a replacement Rojo and Blind (though expect the latter to leave too) and one of the kids can cover. Shame it didn't work out but he hasn't been great.

prath92

Buttner stopped Robben scoring and he scored/assisted a few goals himself in his time here, I genuinely would take him over Darmian.
That was one game where he did a man marking job. Buttner is comfortably worse than Darmian

Distracted Steward

I think it's a sale we can all live with. If he does well fair play to him and Juve, he's just never going to be any good in a physical league or for a team that expects some sort of attacking output. We should have sold him last summer when we might have still got a decent price for him.
I'll be happy to see him go. He showed early on that he was good enough, but that ended pretty quickly. He's lingered like bad company ever since.

What will be frustrating is seeing him routinely show the sort of form he so rarely showed here. I think he needs to go--no questioning that. How we couldn't coax the best of a player that started as a defender in the Italian national team is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.