Darren Gibson

Parks Life

If that kid doesn't make it big at United, I'll eat my own hat.

I think he'll be in the first team with in 3 years.

Strong, great passer, great shot and looks like he could be a carbon copy of :keano:.

Anyone else seen him play?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I only saw him once, looked quite impressive.Will confess to not having seen him live though.Wasn't he the club's young player of the year?
And he's Irish.:D

marcus agrippa

Parks Life said:

Strong, great passer, great shot and looks like he could be a carbon copy of :keano:.

never seen him play, but i've heard quite a bit about him, and the general consensus is that you're right...

AgentSquirrel

He's more like Scholes than Keane but I don't like comparing young players to established pro's..It's not really fair. He made the step up from Academy to Reserves seamlessly last year and he definitely looks like a very good prospect. His passing is the best part of his game and physically, he's already more mature than players who are older than him. If he continues to improve at this rate, he could get a chance sooner rather than later. I'd like to see him go out on loan for a little bit this year, just to test him.

Parks Life

Roy Smithers said:
Don't think so. He doesn't do enough tricks.

@ AgentSquirrel your right with the comparisons to Scholes as well, great passer and excellent shooting. Looks to be a bit of a mixture of both.

reelworld

Well, someone has to get our players names right ;).

Anyone got a video of that fantastic goal he scored for Ireland some time ago?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
reelworld said:
Well, someone has to get our players names right ;).

Anyone got a video of that fantastic goal he scored for Ireland some time ago?
Well i did notice the spelling and thought id comment, u just beat me to it...bastard!

Cant find the gibbo goal as it goes

ManRyan

Parks Life said:

Parkslife, you make our lives so much better you know that ? Thank you for your good, passionate posting !!!!! I look forward to your every post, keep it up mate !

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Any videos of him?
Why havent i heard about him here?

red thru&thru

darren gibson is a great prospect, he even played in our first carling cup game last season.

darren will be a good but he needs to keep working hard.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
amolbhatia100 said:
Any videos of him?
Why havent i heard about him here?
Probably because hes not quite at the Rossi Pique level just yet, but judging by his impressive step up from academy level to a very successful reserve team, hopefully he'll have something to show.

Hope Lee Martin goes the same way

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
londonredmaniac said:
Probably because hes not quite at the Rossi Pique level just yet, but judging by his impressive step up from academy level to a very successful reserve team, hopefully he'll have something to show.

Hope Lee Martin goes the same way
Lee Martin always impresses me in the reserves due to his drive and determination to get down the wing and cross it.

I also really like the young Irish winger called Jamie Mullen, who I think has a great chance as well.

Gibson really started to impress in the second half of the season when he was drafted into the reserve side after we loaned out so many young players.

As I've said in another thread, I watch a lot of our reserves and youth players on MUTV and I would love to see more of them get given 1st team opportunities. Ok, so some of them wouldn't make it, but a few would surprise people with how good they are technically, and their winning attitudes.

Perhaps Lee Martin should change his name to Martinhio.. ;)

BezsMaracas

Box to box.

In all seriousness, our reserve team is such a high standard now i'll be amazed if only a couple get into our first team. The likes of Carrick and Torres can feck off, give Jones and Rossi a go.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
GaryLifo said:
Lee Martin always impresses me in the reserves due to his drive and determination to get down the wing and cross it.

I also really like the young Irish winger called Jamie Mullen, who I think has a great chance as well.
Gibson really started to impress in the second half of the season when he was drafted into the reserve side after we loaned out so many young players.

As I've said in another thread, I watch a lot of our reserves and youth players on MUTV and I would love to see more of them get given 1st team opportunities. Ok, so some of them wouldn't make it, but a few would surprise people with how good they are technically, and their winning attitudes.

Perhaps Lee Martin should change his name to Martinhio.. ;)
Errrrrrr....Jamie Mullan is English.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Man Utd Mrs said:
Errrrrrr....Jamie Mullan is English.
I blame Paddy Crerand, cos it was he who proclaimed mullen irish during a reserve match... although, I think everything Paddy says should be double checked before being broadcast, as he is prone to an error or two ;)

Bless Paddy... a true red legend and a brilliant bloke.

Parks Life

noodlehair said:
For the first team?

No
I agree, he may be reserve captain next season. Then with in 2 - 3 years hopefully in the first team or squad.

Parks Life

Anyone see the game tonight?

The guy is a fecking UNIT! Passes superbly and his shooting is class.

After his season long loan, he should be back up to Carrick and then hopefully force his way into the first team.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
He has bags of talent and could have a good future...

As far as tonight is concerned....he gave the ball away too much and slowed the game down with sideways passes.....needs to play the ball forward quicker......

He will learn....

Giggzinho

Punjabi dude
whys noone said anything about him before - i heard about the likes of rossi and david jones, pique etc - never heard of this lad, eagles had more of a reputation than this gibson fella - it seems the lads coming through arent as strong as before