Darren Gibson

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If Gibson didn't fit in Wolves' system why the feck did SAF allow him to go on loan there? .
Because he makes mistakes too. But apparently you think that never happens to him.

Beckham was a central midfield player at Preston (and quite extensively with United as a youth/reserve), Gibson is a central midfield player for United.
So you are stupid enough to think I'm not aware of this? Is that it?

This is a not a direct comparison of player to player but of a player being loaned to a lower level. Get it into your brain.
Puhlease:rolleyes: You should get this into YOUR brain first: Beckham's game was never ever going to be affected by the championship or nationwide league. Because it suited his football. Anyone who has seen Gibson play can see it never suited his. It isn't rocket science.

Apparently SAF felt he'd do well there hence he allowed him to be loaned.
Just like he allowed Rossi to go to Newcastle and Eagles to go to Watford. We all saw how beneficial those loans were

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
This was a very good spot....

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United's current crop of youngsters are destined for big things — including Londonderry’s Darron Gibson.

Ever since the famed 'Class of 92' broke through, United have repeatedly been asked whether it could happen again.

Ferguson has always resisted the temptation to make such comparisons but now though, he has a group of young players he feels are destined for big things.

“The area I am most encouraged by is the young players,” said Ferguson. “Numbers-wise we have quite a load of them.

“Federico Macheda and Danny Welbeck are developing very well. We also have the Da Silva brothers (Rafael and Fabio) and we think Darron Gibson is going to be a top player because he has come on fantastically well.

“Then you have Nani and Anderson who are only 22 and 21.”

What gives Ferguson even more confidence about them all fulfilling their potential is the presence of Giggs, Scholes and Gary Neville in his current first-team squad.

He said: “That nucleus of experienced players, who have gone through all that has happened over the years, have so much to pass on.”

Read more: Gibson destined for top: Fergie - Premier League, Football - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Hope to see him get a few games this year I'd love to see him push on and give us another viable option in MF

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I think he has great potential... I'd quite like to see what sort of partnership he and Carrick could form. With Gibson playing the Scholes of old type role, getting a bit further forward...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't know. Not seen anything in him to suggest he's going to be top class. Looks a neat and tidy player with an eye for goal at the moment, that's all.

amolbhatia50k

Not a partnership that would work in a 442. Both lack pace and ability to carry the ball and drive forward.

Wouldnt work imo.
Agree. It would lack energy and mobility. He'd work better with Fletcher.

lysglimt

Scout
Darron Gibson has a shot few can match at least - his ability to hit the goal always amazes me. There are too few players like that in our team!

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Yep Rooney is taking many more shots.. It is very encouraging..

Gibson is fantastic IMO he has a great chance of making it here.. I thought he would go out on loan this season to a PL club but Iam guessing Hargo is too far off and cannot be relied upon

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
For me, there are signs that Rooney is returning to being that player.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like he is taking way more shots this season in comparison to last year.
I think against someone he had 8 shots which is how he used to be like and how Ronaldo was so your right about that

mista john

I think he has great potential... I'd quite like to see what sort of partnership he and Carrick could form. With Gibson playing the Scholes of old type role, getting a bit further forward...
I saw Gibson quite a lot at Antwerp and he always reminded me of Carrick. I don't think together it would work. Carrick appears to lack confidence, I remember a game last year when he played with Scholes and he basically left everything to him, Carrick just gave Scholes the ball and sat back. Carrick should be dominating games now as United's number 1 creative player. Maybe Gibson could be that man - certainly Carrick is a mystery.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I saw Gibson quite a lot at Antwerp and he always reminded me of Carrick. I don't think together it would work. Carrick appears to lack confidence, I remember a game last year when he played with Scholes and he basically left everything to him, Carrick just gave Scholes the ball and sat back. Carrick should be dominating games now as United's number 1 creative player. Maybe Gibson could be that man - certainly Carrick is a mystery.
Long time before we can even expect that to happen.. Carrick I am sure will come good.. He has just had a bad start to the season & is clearly lacking some form.. He is definitely our main CM and he has more than shown that in the last 2 years..

Longlivekeano

Carrick also had a piss poor start to the 2007.8 season. It took him about three months into the season before he found his form again. To be more specific, when he scored our consolation goal in the 1-2 loss against Manchester City in the anniversary game both sides donned retro kits.

Think, Carrick will get back into groove in a month or so.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Carrick also had a piss poor start to the 2007.8 season. It took him about three months into the season before he found his form again. To be more specific, when he scored our consolation goal in the 1-2 loss against Manchester City in the anniversary game both sides donned retro kits.

Think, Carrick will get back into groove in a month or so.
That was a good 6 and a half months into the season.

amolbhatia50k

For me, there are signs that Rooney is returning to being that player.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like he is taking way more shots this season in comparison to last year.
I don't think he's been shooting too less the last couple of years. It's just that when he does it doesn't seem to have any venom to it. Earlier when he'd shoot from range, it would a) usually be on target b) be one hell of a hit.

dev1l

Dont know if this has been posted before...

Newcastle on the verge of signing Red Devil

Author: Nigel Brown
Posted on:01 September 2009 - 11:16
Category:Football
Comments: Be the first to comment

Print

According to reports on talkSPORT.net Manchester United's Darren Gibson is on the verge of making a short term loan move to Championship leaders Newcastle United. Sir Alex Ferguson is a big admirer of the Republic of Ireland international, but he is willing to let the 21-year -old leave to gain regular first team football.

Gibson will join Danny SImpson who moved on loan to St James Park from Old Trafford earlier this summer.

Epic

Doesn't really make sense with the opportunity to test him in the Carling Cup.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Doesn't really make sense with the opportunity to test him in the Carling Cup.[/QUOT

We could be out of the CC in one game, in the Championship he may well play more than the few games he would play in a cup run added to the fact it's a competitive league with an opportunity to hone his skills.

If SAF is pinning his faith with a midfield of Fletch/Carrick/Anderson/Scholes, Giggs and hopefully Hargreaves then a loan makes sense

Epic

Well, we could always ship him off, if we do get dumped out of the CC.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Is it just me or are all our homegrown central midfielders pretty similiar in style? Norwood, James, Gibson and Tunnicliffe?

championo

Top Stalker
If that kid doesn't make it big at United, I'll eat my own hat.

I think he'll be in the first team with in 3 years.

Strong, great passer, great shot and looks like he could be a carbon copy of :keano:.

Anyone else seen him play?
I hope it is not one of those expensive hats!
What now for Gibson? Like you, I thought he was going to make it here, but with the way things are going....