Darts

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Another Clayton v Price final?

Hoping Wright or Ando, but I'm goint miss it all unless I pull some all-nighters. They're tougher now I'm older and sober.

paulscholes18

I only really watch darts around this time of year. What happened to him that he's not seeded? Just gradual decline or some other reason?
Just a gradual decline, has really done anything of note since reaching the Final in 2016.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Fair enough, Clayton's rank has always been artificially low, with him not doing all the tour events, so hard to know where he will be seeded.
The thing is he's played all the tour events the issue is 3 out of the 4 tv comps he's won (I think!) have not been ranking ones even though he's had a wad of cash for them.

Jippy

Staff
The thing is he's played all the tour events the issue is 3 out of the 4 tv comps he's won (I think!) have not been ranking ones even though he's had a wad of cash for them.
I'd forgotten about that and definitely masters and prem, but he won the grand prix. I thought he played less events with him still working.

The Cat

I'd forgotten about that and definitely masters and prem, but he won the grand prix. I thought he played less events with him still working.
He still gets the days off to travel and play the floor events - some life he's got there!

Fair play though I've seen more than one player look like they are going to make the breakthrough and go full time only to find that when you give your job up and you have to hit those doubles to pay the mortgage they suddenly become smaller.

paulscholes18

Fallon V Beaton has been good so far.

The cameraman is having a stinker missed quite a few double attempts

paulscholes18

10 100+ checkouts, can't remember the last time I have seen that many let alone a 5 set match.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Clayton played unreal those last 2 sets. Credit to Keane played magnificent, just got a little overwhelmed in the end. His day will come.

Jippy

Staff
Clayton played unreal those last 2 sets. Credit to Keane played magnificent, just got a little overwhelmed in the end. His day will come.
Just watched the highlights- 2-1 down in sets, then comes back averaging 115 and 116 in the next two. Amazing finishes as well.
I know he plays Price yet, but few would begrudge Clayton a world title. He's been the best player this year by some margin.

The Cat

Just watched the highlights- 2-1 down in sets, then comes back averaging 115 and 116 in the next two. Amazing finishes as well.
I know he plays Price yet, but few would begrudge Clayton a world title. He's been the best player this year by some margin.
I hope he wins it. He's still capable of off nights but it would be deserved.

padr81

Supports
Man City
100% it'd be a great achievement to cap an amazing year. Something about Welsh rugby players suddenly becoming amazing dart throwers...

djembatheking

That was such a weird game. Joyce was amazing for two sets. Felt a bit bad for him that the crowd were booing his missed doubles etc...Class from King though.
It was a mad game, Joyce was brilliant in the first 2 sets but once King clicked he threw some great darts.