Darts

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'd destroy that....

She's definitely a chubby chaser... which improves my chances greatly!

Mick1991

Sean, that reel looked like it was starting to get x-rated......then you cut us off!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just seen this now, speaking of the devil.

Darts player blames defeat on opponent’s WAG
By Eurosport | World of Sport – 2 hours 41 minutes ago

Paul Nicholson, the only man ever to complain about the presence of an attractive woman at the darts
Paul Nicholson has become a laughing stock at the World Championship Darts after blaming his defeat on his opponent's girlfriend.

Kim Huybrechts beat Nicholson 4-1 in the last 16 of the tournament at Alexandra Palace, a result which Nicholson put solely down to the damage to his concentration caused by the crowd's raucous reaction to the presence of Dana Verhaegen.

TV cameras continually cut to the shapely Verhaegen - a world-class darts player in her own right - to show her reaction at key moments during the match, and every time her face appeared on the giant screens the inebriated crowd went crazy with a chorus of cheers and wolf whistles.

"There's only one reason why I lost that match — and she was sitting right in the front row," fumed Nicholson.

"If she had not been in that crowd, I swear to God I would have won... Trust me, the most important thing in that match was her. I wanted to win it so badly, but nobody on the planet can play in that situation.

"I've got nothing against Kim, he played better than me, but the crowd were more interested in his girlfriend than the darts."

Nicholson's complaint was rejected by the PDC, but the livid ninth seed insisted that he will no longer take any nonsense from spectators.

"I just didn't have the crowd's respect — and quite frankly, I don't want it any more," he said.

"The next time I win a tournament on television, I'm going to give them the two fingers up and I'll take the fine."

Darts player blames defeat on opponent

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
IMO he'll be "The new Phil Taylor"..........he can win the World Championship 2-3 times out of 5 World Championships and if he plays darts for the next 20 years then he can easily win it 10 times.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Good final to watch. Lewis was definitely the deserved winner though.

Jippy

Staff
Must admit, I cannot really ever get into the BDO world championship as much as the PDC one, which is clearly higher quality- maybe it is a bit of darts fatigue or something. That said, top match just then from two young Dutch hopefuls- Kist and (Desmond) Dekker.

Let's see if there WAGS can compete at least....plus has the BDO ordered all of its players to get tattooed up? Fitton now has two sleeves and Hankey had some awful Christopher Lee/Boris Karloff thing on his arm ?

StuCol

Chimp
So, it was won by Kist, who by all accounts is (was) ranked 13th in Holland. He did have a great tournament though. Played well throughout.

Jippy

Staff
Huybrechts is playing right now in the World Cup of Darts. The camera might be focusing on his bird again:)

Odd format with the doubles sessions...Taylor/Lewis combo looking pretty potent for England.

StuCol

Chimp
Christ on a bike, that world cup of darts was mental. Looked for all the world like Australia were going to win. I thought they deserved to after the doubles. Lewis looked shot.

Also, Lewis and Nicholson had an obvious spat on the stage afterwards. I'd love to know what was said bar what I lip read. Which was Lewis calling Nicholson a fecking nob and Nicholson calling either Lewis or Taylor a cretin. :lol:

Jippy

Staff
Christ on a bike, that world cup of darts was mental. Looked for all the world like Australia were going to win. I thought they deserved to after the doubles. Lewis looked shot.

Also, Lewis and Nicholson had an obvious spat on the stage afterwards. I'd love to know what was said bar what I lip read. Which was Lewis calling Nicholson a fecking nob and Nicholson calling either Lewis or Taylor a cretin. :lol:
Lewis is getting so fat, now wonder he gets tired up under the lights. Nicholson went a bit mad at the end didn't he- was clearly very emotional. Crazy match (and tournament tbh).

Premier league back on tonight:)

StuCol

Chimp
Aye premier league starts with a cracking game. Hamilton played very well there. Wade slow starter again.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Anyone catch the Taylor-Lewis match last night? First Premier League match I've watched, and it was the best darts match I've ever seen.

Jippy

Staff
Stunning comeback from Taylor (0-5 + 1-6 down).

The booing against Lewis was a disgrace from the Manchester crowd.
The quality of darts in that match was out of this world. Lewis was awesome, but Taylor averaging 114 and only drawing. Was in Amsterdam last night so missed the second night- think it replays on saturday afternoon doesn't it?

Baxter

Taylor hits a 9 darter. Playing some crazy shots.
I was there last night, and it was brilliant. When he hit the D18 the crowd went mental. Drinks getting thrown and a couple of lads standing next to me slipped and fell down the stairs of the stand.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I was there last night, and it was brilliant. When he hit the D18 the crowd went mental. Drinks getting thrown and a couple of lads standing next to me slipped and fell down the stairs of the stand.
Yeah, was in Aberdeen when Barney hit a 9-darter two years ago. Place went similarly tonto.

Jippy

Staff
Unreal by him. He'll walk it at this rate.....

Lewis was fecking shite last night. Needs to pull his head out of his fat arse..
There's enough room up there to fit two heads I reckon. Wade off the mark at least and Barney coming back a bit. Taylor looking untouchable though...

Roll on tomorrow...

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yep hit a 9 darter against Hamilton in the semis before losing to some guy called Phil Taylor.

I missed the finals this year, I'm sure in previous years they've held the semis and final on a Saturday night and not Thursdays.

Jippy

Staff
Yep hit a 9 darter against Hamilton in the semis before losing to some guy called Phil Taylor.

I missed the finals this year, I'm sure in previous years they've held the semis and final on a Saturday night and not Thursdays.
Yeah guess they moved it cos of the champions league. Saw the nine darter on SSN in the end. Tor drawer and bit of different way of doing than most, which is pretty typical of Whitlock I guess.

StuCol

Chimp
Still waiting for the 'perfect 9 darter'. It won't be done in a tournament ever, as no one is daft enough to attempt it. Not even heard of it being done in an exhibition either.