Darts

StuCol

Chimp
People love to hate Taylor, which is ridiculous IMO. Incredible player. I hope he wins. Go Taylor....

Comsmit

:lol:He'll need MVG to miss a shedload of doubles, but stranger things have happened.
Surely it is going to be MVG v Taylor though.
Both will be favourites but that counts for nothing. Van Gerwen will run out of steam eventually....Wade will need to be clinical and it wouldn't surprise me if he is.

Comsmit

Oh, ok. You are mad. If that final comes off ill be in here to eat my words.
I didn't suggest it was for you to decide?

And I want you to eat more than your words man.....I will post you my used socks.

StuCol

Chimp
Both will be favourites but that counts for nothing. Van Gerwen will run out of steam eventually....Wade will need to be clinical and it wouldn't surprise me if he is.
Wade has well documented mental frailty. Van Gerwen has that indestructabilty of youth on his side.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Oh, ok. You are mad. If that final comes off ill be in here to eat my words.
I don't hate, would rather Barney then Wade won if I'm honest. More about me preferring watching them. Anderson and Barney with their fast fluid styles are the best to watch in my eyes.

I guess it's like the 1980s when people got bored of Steve Davis winning everything- people rooted for the flair players like Jimmy White.

Dunno if MVG will run out of steam. He was able to pull of some remarkable legs in that last set. Wade brilliant but his temperament can be questionable now and then. Would be nice to see Wade a world champ though.

Comsmit

Wade has well documented mental frailty. Van Gerwen has that indestructabilty of youth on his side.
Mental frailty that has driven him to 7 major titles in his career. He will win the World Championship at some point he's that good...could be this year.

Jippy

Staff
Wade has had depression problems but seems to be playing OK. Hope he can hang in there and withstand the inevitable early onslaught. MVG is not infallible though. Barney took him apart in the Grand Slam.

Ill give you a clue check my location.

I don't look on darts like a national sport, in fact 80% of the crowd where cheering MVG on. They weren't dutch either.
The crowd always boo someone for no obvious reason. It used to be Manley, then King and now Lewis. Lord knows why you boo a double world champion, he has queried as much in the past before, but seems better at ignoring it now.

StuCol

Chimp
Mental frailty that has driven him to 7 major titles in his career. He will win the World Championship at some point he's that good...could be this year.
I hope so. I know a few people in the darts world, all of whom seem to think he is a bit of a twat. But I have a soft spot for him. (No homo). Probably down to having shared his illness.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Wade hardly gets a warm reception either. You can bet the crowd will be on MVGs side tomorrow.

StuCol

Chimp
Ill give you a clue check my location.

I don't look on darts like a national sport, in fact 80% of the crowd where cheering MVG on. They weren't dutch either.
There still had to be some national pride. Taylor and Lewis are World Cup winners don't forget.

StuCol

Chimp
Wade has had depression problems but seems to be playing OK. Hope he can hang in there and withstand the inevitable early onslaught. MVG is not infallible though. Barney took him apart in the Grand Slam.

The crowd always boo someone for no obvious reason. It used to be Manley, then King and now Lewis. Lord knows why you boo a double world champion, he has queried as much in the past before, but seems better at ignoring it now.
Yeah I've never got the booing myself.

Comsmit

I hope so. I know a few people in the darts world, all of whom seem to think he is a bit of a twat. But I have a soft spot for him. (No homo). Probably down to having shared his illness.
He's perhaps misunderstood? I don't see anything on the surface from him that suggests he's a twat. In fact I think it is commendable how he chooses to confront his demons. Even his walk on tune is self-depracating. He is clearly someone who isn't comfortable in engaging in the inevitable banter that exists in darts.

Now he is open and talking candidly about his bipolar....perhaps he is becoming more complete? The way he recovered tonight showed character. He's pissed off with how he let Lewis off the hook last year....stay on the stage and he would probably be a defending world champion this year....he wants to set the record straight and prove to doubters he has the bottle.

I wouldn't bet against him.

Jippy

Staff
Would be intrigued to know who you know. Have met Fordham, Taylor and Manley on one-off (twice in Forham's case) occasions. Wade seems to like keeping himself to himself.

Yeah I've never got the booing myself.
I guess its the crowds prerogative, but god knows why. I think Painter has had it too hasn't he?

Jippy

Staff
He's perhaps misunderstood? I don't see anything on the surface from him that suggests he's a twat. In fact I think it is commendable how he chooses to confront his demons. Even his walk on tune is self-depracating. He is clearly someone who isn't comfortable in engaging in the inevitable banter that exists in darts.

Now he is open and talking candidly about his bipolar....perhaps he is becoming more complete? The way he recovered tonight showed character. He's pissed off with how he let Lewis off the hook last year....stay on the stage and he would probably be a defending world champion this year....he wants to set the record straight and prove to doubters he has the bottle.

I wouldn't bet against him.
I agree with a lot of that, but he needs to raise his game significantly to get past MVG and then probably Taylor. I do actually like the bloke though and would like to see him win it at some point.

StuCol

Chimp
Would be intrigued to know who you know. Have met Fordham, Taylor and Manley on one-off (twice in Forham's case) occasions. Wade seems to like keeping himself to himself.

I guess its the crowds prerogative, but god knows why. I think Painter has had it too hasn't he?
TBH I have close friends in the Rochdale Borough team, which has included Chisnall and more recently Sean Griffiths, one to watch if he can stay off the cider.

Name Changed

weso26
I thought that was better than the Barney Taylor final personally. It was brilliant.

I'm going for a RVB v MVG final.

Comsmit

I can use mustard and shit though, right?
Missed this one mate sorry.....yes of course you can use whatever condiments you like.

When you say "and shit though" do you mean "shit like mustard etc" or actual shit?

Jippy

Staff
Why do the crowd boo Lewis so much? He's absolutely class including in defeat.
He's not usually so hats off to him. I don't know why and it seems StuCol doesn't either and he knows his shit, so just put it down to a mob mentality and the fact maybe that in the past they knew they could get a reaction from him.

Is a tough call, but the Barney-Taylor final, given it went to sudden death and was a biggie with it being Barney's first year in the PDC edges for me. Taylor was 3-0 up remember.
Would love to see Barney win tomorrow but got a nasty feeling Taylor will win reasonably comfortably. Hope I am wrong. Good to see Barney coming back to, or at least close to, his brilliant best.

StuCol

Chimp
Ah OK. Chisnall is a great player. Is Griffiths a full-time pro yet?
He got a Pdc card this year. Was youth champion not long back. In fact I think Van Gerwen was youth champion the year after him. Seen the lad hit a couple of 11 darters in a pub anyway.

StuCol

Chimp
Missed this one mate sorry.....yes of course you can use whatever condiments you like.

When you say "and shit though" do you mean "shit like mustard etc" or actual shit?
Depends how badly wrong I feel at the time I guess. I'm but paying postage for your socks though.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Lewis gets booed because he reacts to banter or criticism from the crowd. As soon as he showed he was sensitive to getting wound up, pissed up lads have been trying to get a rise out of him ever since.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Wade hardly gets a warm reception either. You can bet the crowd will be on MVGs side tomorrow.
Always think wade comes across as a wanker.

That could be down to too much Xmas booze and panto though.

Jippy

Staff
Always think wade comes across as a wanker.

That could be down to too much Xmas booze and panto though.
His interviews are pretty painful viewing but guess he has his mental issues which may be the reason. I think wanker is a bit harsh but he certainly lacks the charisma of the likes of Barney.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Ok I usually just pay attention to the darts itself and not to the Darts players WAGs. Then I just came across an article about Adrian Lewis. Never knew he was such a wanker, dumps his gf and 2 yr old daughter a few days after winning the world championship, then proceeds to date a married woman who already has 3 kids? Apparently he just had a son with this woman lol. He's so fat and ugly but I suppose when u have fame and $ anything goes haha

Comsmit

Depends how badly wrong I feel at the time I guess. I'm but paying postage for your socks though.
Fair do's mate. I will dig out my football socks...they are very sweaty so it won't be too dry. I would recommend horseradish rather than mustard though. More zing to counter the sweat.