Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Yes of course. Gerrard was world class for years as much as I hate him. Salah has been putting up ridiculous stats in the PL for years. Dalglish is Liverpool's best ever player so that's a no brainer.

Mane probably not. But he is perfect for the style and tactics of Klopp.
Did you really say you would take Gerrard, Salah and even Dalglish over Suarez? You really hate the guy (he deserves it but not objective)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It’s hope, let’s be honest.
Sure. Don't think it is totally blind, but I am basically waiting to see what he'll be like in his first competitive game.

I don't really watch much pre season games, so all I've seen are the donkey touch compilations where Keita incidentally looked amazing. Don't think that's going to pan out when the season starts either like.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
And talent.
I think he had decent talent. Not world class but many forwards have made good careers at top clubs without ever being world class. His top level was really good, even if there was only a brief period where he looked lean, aggressive and hungry. Had a really good left foot.

In terms of actual end product he was rubbish obviously. Wasn't necessarily written in the cards though.

saik

Just scored a 20-min hat-trick after coming on in the 2nd half against Leipzig. Watching the game he definitely is going to get them goals but just looks so clumsy with the ball in their buildups and those give and go's.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just scored a 20-min hat-trick after coming on I the 2nd half against Leipzig. Watching the game he definitely is going to get them goals but just looks so clumsy with the ball in their buildups and those give and go's.
That's probably where we'll miss Mane the most. Mane was pretty good at that side of the game. In terms of goals I think Nunez could easily match up to that. Mane rarely hit more than 20 a season.

AFC NimbleThumb

That's probably where we'll miss Mane the most. Mane was pretty good at that side of the game. In terms of goals I think Nunez could easily match up to that. Mane rarely hit more than 20 a season.
This./

Mane’s versatility & goal threat will be difficult to replace. Liverpool create too many chances for Darwin not to score.

macheda14

Equalling Martials pre-season tally. The clamour for him to be a flop and how early those shouts have come is honestly weird.
It’s mostly people having fun as well as there being some real criticisms of his game. When were linked with him opinion was quite divided. Also there’s a real hope he is a flop.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Equalling Martials pre-season tally. The clamour for him to be a flop and how early those shouts have come is honestly weird.
I think most was banter but there seemed to be a circle jerk with a couple of posters who "called it" and were congratulating themselves based on 60 minutes of preseason play.

I wouldn't get carried away with his goals today because the likes of Leipzig are a perfect team for him to play against (especially so early in their preseason) but I'm sure it's lifted a weight off his shoulders.

Expect him to start against Salzburg in their next game and if he performs well he will start against City in the Charity Shield.

Last edited:

saik

Leipzig couldn't of made it any easier tbf.
There's this as well. Leipzig have been absolutely terrible. I was hoping they would put up more of a fight but they've just been very casual.

Their goalkeeper has been hoofing the ball every chance he gets. Not sure if it's cause of instructions as I think they changed their keeper at half time.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
And he’s just scored a hat trick against Leipzig.. make a comp of that.
A penalty, a tap in that he almost fecked up and one goal that was actually any good? Would be a pretty shit comp to be honest.

saik

Well Leipzig keepers are shit. That's my conclusion based on this game. :lol:

BuzzKillington

You know you're a real buzz ki...never mind.
Getting to occasionally laugh at you lot is one of the few joys left of coming to this forum full of moaners (in season) and muppets (off).

The occasional hat-trick does not a good footballer make. To badly misquote Aristotle.

Hopefully normal service is resumed and scouse Poundland Lukaku resurfaces next game.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
they’ll be counting goals he scores in fm saves next.