Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Ronaldo doesn't have the legs to play wide for any more than a brief spell in a game and we don't need the best finisher on the LW where we already have 2 options. I think Nunez will be excited by the prospect of being the main man now, not the understudy.

You mention presumptuous then presume Ronaldo will be rotated a fair bit, if he is and Ten Hag can sell that to him then get the statue builders on the phone. Again I never said just coming off the bench for 15 minutes, I said 15 starts and sub appearences, and there isn't a system where Ronaldo and Nunez fit together, sure we can do what we did with Ronaldo and Cavani and put Ronnie on the wing for the last throw of the dice if we're chasing a game, but Ronnie can't be starting wide and playing whole games there, Ten Hag requires his wide players to defensively support the fullbacks, he didn't do that when he was young and sure as shit isn't doing it at 38, and even a 3-5-2 would be awkward as Nunez hold-up play isn't very good so it's 2 strikers who can't hold it up playing together, it doesn't work. We have a limited budget, if Ronaldo goes then fine, spend half of it on this guy if Ten Hag feels he can refine his rawness, but he doesn't make sense if Ronaldo is staying.

You make it sound like we are buying some kid for €10M, this guy is costing Haaland money and we need at least 5 players on a budget that isn't City or PSG limitless, I'm talking about looking at more than "Ooooo shiny new striker, me want!" We have to spread the budget out and given Ronaldo starts most of the time and our wide options are also shite it makes more sense to buy a versatile attacker who can cover both positions, it's like Timber can cover CB and RB, that makes him an astute buy if we can't stretch to a RB buy and a CB buy.
If Nunez is too much of a little bitch to come and compete with a 37 year old then he's not got the right attitude to play for a top club. I don't believe that's the case, he would rightly back himself to get in the team whether in the coming year or the one after.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I can see him going to Liverpool. We won't be buying a £60m+ back up to Ronaldo with so many other gaps to fill.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I can see him going to Liverpool. We won't be buying a £60m+ back up to Ronaldo with so many other gaps to fill.
It's really not the kind of players Klopp likes in his front 3, far too clumsy with his feet, no hold up abilities, I'd be very surprised.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Only issue with him is the fee, just can't make that this summer. I'm sure some exciting forwards can be gotten for cheaper.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we pay 60m for him, he isn't going to be the back-up.

If it happens then my guess would be we see some sort of set-up where both Nunez and Ronaldo play in a lot of games. I say this having noted Rangnick saying that Ronaldo doesn't actually want to play as a centre-forward.

And beyond that, Ronaldo will be benched more next season as he was overplayed this season due to lack of options.

Nero

I've noticed a weird obsession on here with saying any player we are linked with will end up at City or Liverpool.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's really not the kind of players Klopp likes in his front 3, far too clumsy with his feet, no hold up abilities, I'd be very surprised.
Klopp doesn't really require technical player like Pep does. He wanted Werner who is not technically gift with his feet. Klopp system is gegenpress and this guy is ideal for gegenpressing.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I've noticed a weird obsession on here with saying any player we are linked with will end up at City or Liverpool.
We love to hate ourselves here at the CAF. We love to bitch and moan at every opportunity, analyse any positive news story and try and spin it into a negative, make said positive news story a “PR piece” by “their mates in the media”. Believe every negative news story, regardless of reliability as if Jesus himself came down and told us.

Then we bitch and moan about how good City/Liverpool are whilst continuing to berate and criticise how shockingly shit our own players are. I’ve never known a fanbase to continually drag our own players down.

I cannot wait until ETH goes on a rough patch. Because he will. Then I’m going to bask and bathe in the self pity & wallow about how much of a fraud he is and we should’ve got Poch. It’s going to be incredible.

Red_toad

Ronaldo is the back-up.
Ronaldo will play all league games. Plenty of cup games to be had. Leads me to believe we’d be looking at a cheaper ‘prospect’ right now, as doesn’t appear we have much of a transfer budget and need to move on Martial to raise funds and/or free up wages.

AndySmith1990

Ronaldo will play all league games. Plenty of cup games to be had. Leads me to believe we’d be looking at a cheaper ‘prospect’ right now, as doesn’t appear we have much of a transfer budget and need to move on Martial to raise funds and/or free up wages.
If we sign Nunez it's to be a starter. Every signing we make this summer will go straight into the first team.

Nick.

This signing makes perfect sense. Learn from Ronaldo for a year then become the main man. We will need to buy a backup striker next Summer though.

Bondi77

This signing makes perfect sense. Learn from Ronaldo for a year then become the main man. We will need to buy a backup striker next Summer though.
I think this guy would need at least a year to learn how to control a football properly at the highest level!

Nick.

I think this guy would need at least a year to learn how to control a football properly at the highest level!
From what I've read his first touch lets him down in moments but he's not a donkey like Lukaku.

AndySmith1990

We can't expect to pay over £60m for a forward without him first needing to learn how to play football from Ronaldo.

Bondi77

From what I've read his first touch lets him down in moments but he's not a donkey like Lukaku.
If Benfica value him at more than 50mil and he does not have a good first touch I hate to see what they would value him at if he did!

Zoo

Wonder if Liverpool will be in for him. Klopp and Van Dijk have praised him highly.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
No, they won't.
They should do. Only signings we should be making are the ones to improve the starting 11. The striker signing is the only one that can be debatable. Ronaldo will still want to be the main man next season. Ten Hag has played 2 up front formations before though so he could mix it up in different games depending on the opponent.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You're going to look so stupid saying things like this next season :lol:

Why do people talk like he's a pub level player? it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Thank god Andy Cole isn't playing in the modern day, people wouldn't want him either.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am also guessing Liverpool will go for him to replace Mane. He sore goals and is good at pressing, just that he is poor in technique.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
There’s no doubt Darwin will evolve in to a top striker.
There's lots of doubts. There's pretty high chances he's hugely overperforming this season. The problem is, if he doesn't score he doesn't bring much to the plate outside of a lot of running.

Status
Not open for further replies.