Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He said he was waiting for after CL final and was linked to Liverpool. Make of that what you will.
Not sure why it would make a difference given that they’re in the CL either way. Either it’s bullshit or we’ve added another nought onto our offer :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not sure why it would make a difference given that they’re in the CL either way. Either it’s bullshit or we’ve added another nought onto our offer :lol:
Mane said he was going to confirm his intention after the final.
Mane confirmed today hel exit. That mean a Liverpool can prioritise their intention accordingly.

Makes sense to me.

izec

I would take him without question. Good strikers are rare these days, Nunez has a good base to be working with. And he scores goals. No elite technique, but that striker isnt available anyway and we cant go into the season with a 38 year old up top.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Mane confirmed today hel exit. That mean a Liverpool can prioritise their intention accordingly.

Makes sense to me.
Oh did he? I missed that, thanks

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Makes sense to me.
He chooses to sign for United on the day that Liverpool, CL finalists, can make him a priority after he said he wanted CL football?

How does that make sense to you?

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
He chooses to sign for United on the day that Liverpool, CL finalists, can make him a priority after he said he wanted CL football?

Yeah, you’re right, it does look very odd. Welp, back in you go, Mr. Johnson.

Hoof the ball

Can someone who has truly watched him answer this question, please? Because there's an echo-chamber now of people who undoubtedly have watched less than five games with him in full, commenting that he is technically poor. I find it highly unlikely that this many people have an acquaintance with him considering that we didn't really start speculating about him that long ago, so, it seems to me that at least half of the takes on him are 2nd hand info passed down from something they've heard and re-inforced by some kind of confirmation bias based on a tiny span of games.

Anyone who is investing in the Portuguese league and/or Benfica care to give an informed opinion on how good he is with the ball, because I'm dubious that he's remotely as average as he's being made out to be.

Jibbs

If Nunez joins United and Mane leaves Liverpool, it will be a watershed moment for the rivalry.

Nero

I don't really see him as a Klopp player and I must be missing why people seem so certain he's going there suddenly.
Just your standard caf negativity, woe is me, self-loathing. Take your pick.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He hasnt chosen to sign for anyone. The sources suggesting this are all shit.

lex talionis

There's lots of doubts. There's pretty high chances he's hugely overperforming this season. The problem is, if he doesn't score he doesn't bring much to the plate outside of a lot of running.
Darwin looks a mutant to me. Question is, whether he will be naturally selected.

Andrew7582

I would take him without question. Good strikers are rare these days, Nunez has a good base to be working with. And he scores goals. No elite technique, but that striker isnt available anyway and we cant go into the season with a 38 year old up top.
If the right player isn't available then it is better to keep the money in the pocket then to waste it on the wrong player just because he's the only thing we can get.

Probably hearsay from other people who heard from hearsay themselves. I wouldn't put much stock in that opinion unless someone reliable who's watched him frequently chips in.
Benfica fans on this forum have attested to how raw and unrefined he is.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He seems to have exploded this season. Last season he only scored 6 goals?

Jibbs

Who is this?

I'm sure that Mane is confirmed leaving means Liverpool will sign this guy instead.
I fear this too. Since Ragnick is gone, Nkunku will probably end up at Chelsea and we will be left with signing somebody like DKL or any other English over hyped player.

Silas

How is his play other than finishing? If they aren't good all-round footballers, I'd rather we avoided.

Drizzle

There are two timelines now.

A) he signs for Liverpool for £50m and bangs in 30 goals next season.

B) he signs for United for £75m and scores 4 goals next season, and gets sold to Lille for £23m in 2024.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
How is his play other than finishing? If they aren't good all-round footballers, I'd rather we avoided.
Rough 1st touch, barely no hold up abilities, totally average passing skills. He runs, he's physical, he scores and that's pretty much it. And pretty much any indicator shows he overrperformed the scoring part this season. I probably watched 15 games where he played this season, I was not impressed. He might evolve obviously but there's absolutely no guarantee he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.