Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I think he's a massively expensive gamble, a team could look like a genius for buying him and it working out, although for the price being touted you can argue there's nothing genius about it, or a team will buy him and it'll go very averagely.

There's so little to go off with him. I've often said I wish we'd made a move sooner for players and always seem to be a season or two late to be interested in a player, but with this lad, I genuinely really want to see how his next season pans out.

roseguy64

Yes but he didnt give a big scoop. It was a throwaway line in a podcast. They joked twitter aggregator accounts will jump on the line, and so it happened :lol:
He also wrote the same thing though. It wasn't a throwaway line. The aggregator thing wasn't specific to what he said.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I know he’s had a great season on Portugal and seems to be all over the place in terms of the market but I’m really hoping we dont go for it. Just has red flags all over it.
One good season in Portugal.
Never heard of before this season.
First touch and build up play supposedly poor.
All over the Portuguese press daily for a move.

If he comes of course we’ll support him and hope he does well but I hope we have a little more imagination.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He also wrote the same thing though. It wasn't a throwaway line. The aggregator thing wasn't specific to what he said.
Yeah he tends to write what he says in podcasts, but in both instances it was just a mention of interest. Nothing more than what we already knew.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I know he’s had a great season on Portugal and seems to be all over the place in terms of the market but I’m really hoping we dont go for it. Just has red flags all over it.
One good season in Portugal.
Never heard of before this season.
First touch and build up play supposedly poor.
All over the Portuguese press daily for a move.

If he comes of course we’ll support him and hope he does well but I hope we have a little more imagination.
He did better at Anfield than any of our players have managed in 3/4 years.

That for me sold him instantly.

People care too much for stats in football. I'd like to think i'm a good judge of talent and Nunez has it.

You can never replace goalscoring, and he's a natural at it.

JustinC00

He seems to have exploded this season. Last season he only scored 6 goals?
Raul Jimenez came from Benfica to Wolves, his best season in Liga Portugal was 7 goals. First 2 seasons in the EPL he had 13 and 17 goals.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Martial earns around 250k a week, it will be impossible for Benfica to even come close to that. Maybe a loan with us paying most of that is the only possible way.
if it helps us cut the fee down for nunez and give them martial for a year, that sounds a good deal to me.

Bondi77

You're going to look so stupid saying things like this next season :lol:

Why do people talk like he's a pub level player? it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Thank god Andy Cole isn't playing in the modern day, people wouldn't want him either.
Andy Cole was banging in goals for Newcastle in the PREMIER LEAGUE in case you didn't notice before we paid a handsome fee for him!
Let us see if anyone pays the money Benfica want for him and see how he performs in England and we will see who is laughing then :lol::lol:

ti vu

What you do is pay off his contract.
Some special cases you do that. But it's very bad way to run a club, as in you're attracting players that only care for money. They will come and make a scene then get release to play else where with the payoff.

I have no answer for Martial case, but I feel we should motivate ourselves to find a deal to rid him by subsidizing his contract. Paying him off is not the way to go

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just watched a bunch of his youtubes. Fast, direct, aggressive, skilful, knows where the goal is, and can pop up from left and right.

And if true that ETH wants him, too, I'm fecking sold. Our wingplay is a joke, full of non-aggressive softies (Elanga excluded).

Silas

Rough 1st touch, barely no hold up abilities, totally average passing skills. He runs, he's physical, he scores and that's pretty much it. And pretty much any indicator shows he overrperformed the scoring part this season. I probably watched 15 games where he played this season, I was not impressed. He might evolve obviously but there's absolutely no guarantee he will.
Nice, sounds like our kind of signing

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think if the news had credibility then the outlet would have published the news in the front page.
It is on the front page. Black banner near the bottom right "United muito perto de levar Darwin" (United very close to taking Darwin).

But yeah, these Portuguese papers seem to mostly be about as 'reliable' as the red top tabloid shite here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Aren't they not very credible, along with the a bola outlet? If I recall the names correctly
O Jogo is said to be the more reliable one, but what I don't know is if the current report is their own news or if they're citing another source.

JeffFromHK

I think Schick is a better buy actually. He scores more in a tougher league, is technically better and can do hold up play.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Massively skeptical of this signing to be honest.

Just seems like it could be one of those one season wonders, and we end up paying 30-40m more than we should be doing.

I think it could end up the same way as Lukaku for Chelsea. Brought in on the back of good performances abroad, but then a lack of technical ability causes it not to work out

Drizzle

As with many, I don't see a great striker in this lad. But trying to look on the positive side - he'll provide intensity and physicality to our forward line for the first time in many years. We've had Ibra and Lukaku but they were mostly static and didn't press or have pace.

This guy looks like he'll be a handful for defenders even if his technique is poor. Which could open up spaces for our more technical players. Highly doubt he'll be a 25 goal a season golden boot contender, but 15 goals and a big all-round contribution to the way we press is OK. Just please don't spend £80m on him!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he's a massively expensive gamble, a team could look like a genius for buying him and it working out, although for the price being touted you can argue there's nothing genius about it, or a team will buy him and it'll go very averagely.

There's so little to go off with him. I've often said I wish we'd made a move sooner for players and always seem to be a season or two late to be interested in a player, but with this lad, I genuinely really want to see how his next season pans out.
You very rarely get two seasons to analyse world class strikers. People said the same things about Kane and Salah when they broke through that they were one season wonders. Likewise there’d have been a significant portion of fans who wouldn’t have fancied Vlahovic and yet Juve took the gamble and he’s brilliant. Sometimes you just watch a player and see top class movement and goal scoring ability. I think Nunez looks the closest player to Ruud I’ve seen in a long while.

yamo123x

So much hype and so many of our fans buy into it.

Not seen enough of him to judge. He's not gonna come cheap but he did play in both legs against ajax so ETH would have had a good look then.

Not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.