Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I mean, pretty composed finish but that was an absolute gift from Konate.

Remember the geese

I'm not watching the game tonight and I know that quite a few people are unconvinced about him, but I just can't shake this irrational feeling that he would do really well for us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The goal was all on Konate but Nunez seems full of effort and running at least.

Mainoldo

Played really well. Just still very raw. But change my mind you can work with him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That goal will add a good 20m to his price tag anyone looking to buy him.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
If @antohan doesn’t rate him then I’m gone off him a bit. Physically I think he’s what we need and I can see his potential as someone to play off and press like hell. We do need a proper finisher though.
It's not I don't rate him, I just think he is getting overrated on here.

I don't think he is marquee-level signing material. More like when we signed Chicharito, rather than RvP. I would have him as a squad option, good addition, but won't change our fortunes really and unlikely to be worth the fee Benfica would hit us with.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's technically deficient as many seem to think then we should definitely avoid

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This was my read after a couple of games, which admittedly isn't enough to judge. Seems like a good signing for the Bundesliga or maybe Atletico?

On the other hand, he's 22 and his technique might improve. Certainly he has the raw physical tools and he plays very hard.
True, Darwin will evolve

Dazzmondo

Good striker, but personally I'd go for Jonathan David. Gianluca Scamacca of Sassuolo might also be worth considering. I feel like David would suit a possession style game most, since he's more well-rounded than the other 2 imo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A hattrick today.

Could do with a proper target in the box that also works like a horse!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he's technically deficient as many seem to think then we should definitely avoid
I’m torn. Ultimately, if he is a goalscorer, then it has merits. Haaland is technically basic for example. Van Nistelrooy was reasonably tidy but no Henry or anything. If Nuñez is nothing but a ruthless striker, it could still be worth it. May still be better than seeing Ronaldo hanging at left wing while the opponent’s box remains empty.

Blood Mage

I would prefer Jonathan David or Dusan Vlahovic. Nunez screams mid-table striker to me, the type of striker Aston Villa or West Ham would sign.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I would prefer Jonathan David or Dusan Vlahovic. Nunez screams mid-table striker to me, the type of striker Aston Villa or West Ham would sign.
This guy is going to flop big time.

Keep in mind guys like Jackson Martínez and Slimani were much better in Portugal then Darwin has been.

Could be some of my Benfica hate giving In but I don’t think he will be top striker in the game. Midtable EPL seems about right.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Vlahovic has just moved and David doesn't seem to have really cracked scoring goals in Ligue 1 yet.
Could be some of my Benfica hate giving In but I don’t think he will be top striker in the game. Midtable EPL seems about right.
His game's pretty ideal for Serie A, isn't it? I do mean that as a question, I've never watched the bloke just going off descriptions.

SAF is the GOAT

Doubt he would be interested in joining a team without Champions League Football
He encountered with ETH in the champions league and he knows how's Ajax play.

Maybe he'll want to be in a team that play attractive and attacking football and create a lot of goals for him ?

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Look at the movement in the 2nd goal. It reminds me of Haaland. That is something we don't have.

I really like the look of him, that is some clean finishing too.

Telsim

I'm getting sick of these fees. 70 million for Antony. 70 million for Nunez. 80 million for Tchouameni. These players have just started and already costing an arm and a leg? Who even knows if they will come good when playing at the very top? Big money and a lot of risk. I wanted us to go in for him, but at around 40-50M. We should have gone in for Alvarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.