Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

Nice to be behind in the thread and see the shite sources before it was confirmed.
Listening to/watching/reading Ogden is usually a waste of time. His football opinions are woeful at best and his inside scoops are meh. He's sometime-ish with his reliability.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I have to say with this signing they need to alter their game plan and and have to work it out. And klopp s underdog cover blown away with this big money signing.

I wonder why they failed to add two three good squad options and kept Mane happy with high wages instead of signing Nunez. They can't expect another injury free season for their starting 11.

Pickle85

No, Klopp can’t beat Pep and isn’t the man to take the league off him? Hundreds of millions spent and it’s one league in 30.
At what point does the board look at Klopp and say we really need to start regularly winning the league now? CL? As good as 3 finals is it’s still one win (not knocking that).
Looking at it now, they buy Nunez and say it’s another second place. Why should the board back him again next summer for more eye boggling amounts? Would Zidane actually get the job done with the squad or maybe even less to spend? Maybe Zidane actually sells Mane and Salah for what they’re worth and gives the club a break that way instead of it potentially being 40m for two of the best players in the planet.
As I have said on here, if Klopp can’t get the best of Pep and he has one league win to show for it then it’s bordering on a failure. He is one inspired Ten Hag season away (2/3 seasons away at best but humour me here)from only matching United in league titles despite the absolute difference in quality between the two clubs for a good 6/7 years now.
The difference between the two sides seems to be head to head now and Pep honestly seems to have that figured out. I actually agree with their fans saying a change is needed but Klopp neeeds to start getting them over the line for the big trophies simply because they really are one of the two best sides in world football
Admire the passion and I'm certainly no fan of the scouse but this is a terrible take.

Irrational.

I see the BBC has already reported it as £64 million.
Tomorrow it will be €64 million.
The day after it will be £54 million (equivalent of €64 million)
Which will be reported by the papers as €54 million
Which will be converted by the Liverpool FC website to £46 million
Which will be reported by the Beeb again as €46 million
And then converted by RAWK to €39 million - which is less that what they're selling Mané to Bayern for - so HA! Net Spend Champions 2022/23 once again. Up yours Man City!

Brophs

The One and Only
And then converted by RAWK to €39 million - which is less that what they're selling Mané to Bayern for - so HA! Net Spend Champions 2022/23 once again. Up yours Man City!
Username checks out.

Tavern in the town

“The media love my club’s rivals and hate my club” - every football fan who’s ever existed.

Bosws87

“The media love my club’s rivals and hate my club” - every football fan who’s ever existed.
Premier league manager of the season, most players in the premier league team of the season, didn't win the premier league shows that there's certainly smoke maybe not fire.

Okey

Benfica have hit the jackpot, after one good season! Fair play to them. The speed with which this move has happened is depressing though. As a United fan.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
I haven't watched him play a full game. He is a workhorse by all accounts though. This seems to be a trait that Liverpool always seem to zone in on.
I'm glad to see the back of Mane
(though obv Diaz is his replacement) but that doesn't mean Nunez won't rip it up either. Jota is prob going to be 4th choice?
Yep, this seems to be the minimum requirement for Klopp.
I read somewhere that this lad immediately hired his own nutritionist/cook and conditioning coach as soon as he came into a little bit of money.
This was on top of what the club already provided.
Clearly a self-driven professional and it's not a stretch to correlate this with his rapid progression.
His superior physique and pace also didn't hurt his chance.
You would wish United's squad had been full of these kind of pros instead of primadonas and whiny toddlers.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Isn’t 64 million what 75 million euros is? Converted? The rest is in bonuses which equates to 85million GBP.

Bondi77

I believe that about as much as I believed EtH broke off his family holiday and travelled to Portugal to speak to Medes.

Meanwhile, here's EtH actually enjoying his time off in Ibiza. Not a football agent to be seen.
Looks like a slap up meal for a trio of slapheads!

Cloud7

Admittedly it is annoying to see other teams, who already have a better starting point than us, getting their big business done before us. Yeah yeah people can rant about “the transfer window just opened” and whatever but the more time a player has to bed in with their new team, especially with pre season, the better. I am still hopeful we can get our major signings in before pre season but it feels doubtful.

OmarUnited4ever

The Times is reporting only the initial fee of £64M in their headline, but they reported the fee + add-ons in their headline for Bruno's fee

Notice the difference, for United, you'll see "for up to"

Another example is, they reported the upfront fee only the headline for Luis Diaz, the total fee is £51M, but they report only the upfront fee of £37.5M

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The Times is reporting only the initial fee of £64M in their headline, but they reported the fee + add-ons in their headline for Bruno's fee

Notice the difference, for United, you'll see "for up to"

Another example is, they reported the upfront fee only the headline for Luis Diaz, the total fee is £51M, but they report only the upfront fee of £37.5M

Good post, they do the same for wages too.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Would have liked him here tbh, now I hope he fails badly. Price is crazy though and above our budget so I hope we at least are part of why Pool had to pay crazy money

AgentP

First time I feel Liverpool are making a mistake with a big money signing in recent times. There are clear technical deficiencies in his game and I’m not sure he’ll do well against oppositions that sit deep in their box.

Real Name

You guys lost him originally for nothing spend a fortune to get him back now lost him for nothing. He will be boss in Italy like he is generally for France. Maybe issue is your club.
What do you expect from your club Liverpool in the next season?

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
First time I feel Liverpool are making a mistake with a big money signing in recent times. There are clear technical deficiencies in his game and I’m not sure he’ll do well against oppositions that sit deep in their box.
I only saw him in the champions league but he's not the finished article at only 22 ?
Id imagine Klopp can get a tune out of him so I wouldnt write him off yet, interesting to see if he can make the step up in the premier league.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Even if he’s shit, nobody in the media will care. We’ve seen it with Lukaku and Grealish, both poor (at best) last year, but silence.

VivaRonaldo85

Do we think Liverpool have come in and swept us aside to sign this lad? Does this signing show how far the gap is between both clubs? Or have Liverpool overpaid for potential and we should be happy he’s not coming to OT?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Even if he’s shit, nobody in the media will care. We’ve seen it with Lukaku and Grealish, both poor (at best) last year, but silence.
Silence? About Lukaku and Grealish? That’s some impressive revisionism. But more importantly City are the best team in the league, and finished first, Chelsea are the third best team, and finished third. From a media point of view of course they’ll focus on players from teams who have strongly under or over performed.

Trex

Even though I don't fancy him here I can see him doing well at Liverpool. Against low block he'll give them an aerial target, they have good crossers and against high lines he can run behind defenses plus he has good work rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.