David Brooks

GledTheRed

I'd be all over this, cracking player is Brooks.

I personally think Greenwood needs to play every game as he's on the way to becoming our best attacker, Brooks wouldn't impact him how Sancho would.

E-mal

He can play as a AM as well, so will double up as alternative for Bruno. I believe Sheffield United have a sell on fee of 10% so might drive the price up a bit. Reckon he will be around 40m
Another robbery that will be. AWB and Maguire where daylight robbery, this would be at the top.

Dante

Average bang
I think it would be outrageous to pay that sort of money for a player from a team that won't even be in the top tier next season.
OK boomer.

In 2020, £40m will buy you his shortarse Dutch centreback teammate. If nationality is a factor, Brooks being British must be making him cheaper.

croadyman

Nothing story and not good enough.
Even as a squad player he is not good enough.

Would rather Saar and even him not good enough.

We were just dissing Demebele, then to this guy? I don't believe it. Nothing story.
I am not against him provided he is a Grealish alternative rather than a Sancho one which I don't even want to contemplate right now

Nick7

I personally think Greenwood needs to play every game as he's on the way to becoming our best attacker, Brooks wouldn't impact him how Sancho would.
Hopefully Greenwood will be moved up front next season.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
He can play as a AM as well, so will double up as alternative for Bruno. I believe Sheffield United have a sell on fee of 10% so might drive the price up a bit. Reckon he will be around 35 -40m
Heard some say 10% others 20%. He’s as versatile as you’d want, could play there and on the right.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

I dont think it's Greenwood who has to be worried about his position in the side if Sancho arrives.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He can play as a AM as well, so will double up as alternative for Bruno. I believe Sheffield United have a sell on fee of 10% so might drive the price up a bit. Reckon he will be around 35 -40m
Seems a viable Grealish alternative then. Could possibly get him for around the Pereira and Lingard fees plus add-ons. A new CB with the Smalling, Rojo and Jones fees, a young lb with the Dalot fee and then all in with our summer budget for Sancho. Job done :lol:

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

Brooks before his injury was well on his way to getting a move to a top team, if we get him and Sancho this would be a great window, greenwood will still get games he's to good not to

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I reckon it'll be more around 25m - 30m. Ake is their best player sold 40m, I think a player who missed almost the whole season last season like Brooks shouldn't be anywhere near 40m.

CM

I liked the look of Brooks before his injury. I haven't seen much of him since but if it's as an alternative to Grealish I imagine he'd be alright. Sancho remains a must though.

Nick7

I dont think it's Greenwood who has to be worried about his position in the side if Sancho arrives.
None of our front 3 need to worry. There’s plenty of games to be played and precious little depth in our squad.

Champagne Football

Source is not reliable at all, but he's a great player.

The money that Dortmund are asking for Sancho is outrageous. Sancho is a very good player but I don't think he's anywhere near worth what Dortmund are asking right now.

I wouldn't say no to Brooks if it meant bringing in another center back also such as Ben White.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'd rather have to play Brooks if Bruno needs a rest than Pereira.

croadyman

I liked the look of Brooks before his injury. I haven't seen much of him since but if it's as an alternative to Grealish I imagine he'd be alright. Sancho remains a must though.
Yeah really hope that is the case

L1nk

People constantly complain about our bench being underwhelming, yet always turn noses up at players that would improve our squad/bench.

Be crazy not to take this guy over players like Lingard and Pereira, especially now Bournemouth is relegated we'd get him at a much cheaper price than we would have before

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be a very smart move if we can get him on the cheap. His injury is a bit of a concern but he's a good player and would make our squad stronger.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Easy now.
They have pretty similar stats when you look at both of their PL seasons and it's basically a toss up in opinion over who is more talented, it's close.

I think that Brooks suits you more than Grealish though in terms of style. He's played for a side that wanted to be attacking and with pacy forwards so tended to play a lot of through balls which suits Uniteds front three. Grealish suits a side that's a bit more pragmatic.

croadyman

People constantly complain about our bench being underwhelming, yet always turn noses up at players that would improve our squad/bench.

Be crazy not to take this guy over players like Lingard and Pereira, especially now Bournemouth is relegated we'd get him at a much cheaper price than we would have before
Probably because people are genuinely worried that we have switched our RW attentions from Jadon to him

GledTheRed

I reckon it'll be more around 25m - 30m. Ake is their best player sold 40m, I think a player who missed almost the whole season last season like Brooks shouldn't be anywhere near 40m.
They paid 11.5 for him and he's on along term contract with a sell on clause, Bournemouth can't really stand in his way so i reckon about 25-30 million.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I remember Brooks standing out head and shoulders above everyone in a cracking Sheffield derby a couple of seasons ago. Would be something if he was to join United he’s a cracking little player.

hungrywing

There is no downside to this, would be an excellent addition to the squad. Had we gone for him last summer there would have been a lot more excitement I think.
Id be quite chuffed with this. Replace Pereira with him and it's smart business.
all for it, he's a cracking little player. Could be a smart option this summer.
Totally agree. This is the type of move a well-run club would make.

Brooks before his injury was well on his way to getting a move to a top team, if we get him and Sancho this would be a great window, greenwood will still get games he's to good not to
Personally, I'd even take Brooks this window and Sancho for a more reasonable price next summer.

croadyman

I remember Brooks standing out head and shoulders above everyone in a cracking Sheffield derby a couple of seasons ago. Would be something if he was to join United he’s a cracking little player.
Yeah and I would be all for it as long as he is alternative to Jack and not Jadon of course

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This tweet from 14hrs ago from Dominic Booth linked him to us first. He'd be a excellent option to add to the squad.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Was brilliant that day playing up top. A performance (and result) non of us will forget.

E-mal

I am not against him provided he is a Grealish alternative rather than a Sancho one which I don't even want to contemplate right now
You would think so.
I prefer we are patient and get Grealish in January.

croadyman

This tweet from 14hrs ago from Dominic Booth linked him to us first. He'd be a excellent option to add to the squad.

Hmmm reads as he could still be an alternative target to him as well though

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This the player we should have targeted instead of James.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Totally agree. This is the type of move a well-run club would make.

Personally, I'd even take Brooks this window and Sancho for a more reasonable price next summer.
If we don't get sancho this window is at least like us to get a CB and maybe a left back.

People calling him relegation fodder guess who else's was relegation fodder Roy Keane, Robertson. Good players can get relegated with poor teams, I'd argue his injury is the reason Bournemouth got relegated.

GledTheRed

Source is not reliable at all, but he's a great player.

The money that Dortmund are asking for Sancho is outrageous. Sancho is a very good player but I don't think he's anywhere near worth what Dortmund are asking right now.

I wouldn't say no to Brooks if it meant bringing in another center back also such as Ben White.
Jesus i was just gonna say these exact words but feared a backlash.

Brooks, White and a couple more whilst moving on the shite would help no end, our teams is good already but the bench options are gash.