David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Just watched MotD & Motson is a prick. "De Gea could have held that one, ooooh he could have steered that in another direction".

Drainy

It's funny how almost every goalkeeper is making these 'parry direction' errors at the moment..
it's almost as if all these hacks don't appreciate the level of difficulty in deflecting a well struck ball 'into the safety area'.

SirAF

Ageist
Yep, it is just incredible really! Maybe the media view of De Gea will change if we win the title, I doubt it though.

Eugenius

Just watched MotD & Motson is a prick. "De Gea could have held that one, ooooh he could have steered that in another direction".
Motson is an idiot. He comes out with cliches and crap that makes you think he doesn't watch football.

"Robin van Persie is taking a corner, but you must think as a centre forward he'd rather be in the box than taking a corner"

After the goalmouth scramble

"I can see why he takes corners"

Clearly has not watched RvP this season or is an idiot.

SirAF

Ageist
Motson is an idiot. He comes out with cliches and crap that makes you think he doesn't watch football.

"Robin van Persie is taking a corner, but you must think as a centre forward he'd rather be in the box than taking a corner"

After the goalmouth scramble

"I can see why he takes corners"

Clearly has not watched RvP this season or is an idiot.
Yeah, that was classic :lol: Amazing!

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
And three minutes later, Fulham broke quickly to find Bryan Ruiz on the edge of the box and his low shot rebounded off the post with the goalkeeper utterly beaten.
Hardly getting any credit for that save it seems.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Watched ESPN last night and they all slaughtered DDG then when he was ABSOLUTELY brilliant I woke up this morning thinking there will be praise. Started with MOTD no mention of DDGs performance but apparently Begovic was brilliant so Hansen said 3 times although watching the game DDG had the better game. Then watched sunday supplement and they all slaughtered DDG saying he is not the answer. Said he was the 3rd 4th GK since VDS and Fergie usually takes about 6 goes at it to get it right. WTF. DDG has made less mistakes than Hart this season but the coverage on the mistakes from either has been a world of difference.

Gazza

Watched ESPN last night and they all slaughtered DDG then when he was ABSOLUTELY brilliant I woke up this morning thinking there will be praise. Started with MOTD no mention of DDGs performance but apparently Begovic was brilliant so Hansen said 3 times although watching the game DDG had the better game. Then watched sunday supplement and they all slaughtered DDG saying he is not the answer. Said he was the 3rd 4th GK since VDS and Fergie usually takes about 6 goes at it to get it right. WTF. DDG has made less mistakes than Hart this season but the coverage on the mistakes from either has been a world of difference.
:lol: they didn't, surely?

Lawman

Another cracker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...c-summer.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#axzz2Jpg5upIx

I mean after a flawless game, they still can't help themselves. Look at the caption under the pictures of de Gea and Lindegaard :houllier:
:wenger: He looks uncertain brilliant talk about just following the narrative. It happens all the time in this country. It happened with Hart best in the world stuff even though he was making mistakes a plenty. Because it didn't fit the narrative at the time they chose simply just to ignore it.

Shark

@NotShark
It's as if they are all robots only programmed to say the same cliche's over and over again, regardless of the fact that DDG has been performing better than most of the so called top keepers in the league. That highlighted comment is just embarrassing.

'Well we knew he was a good shot stopper' is one of the most annoying ones for me.

Lawman

My two pence for what it is worth about DDG. His shot stopping is nothing short of sensational, his handling is assured and with the ball at his feet he's superb. Crossing needs lots of work but he has improved in that department and he needs to become physically more imposing and this is happening. I'm more than happy with DDG in goals yes there has been mistakes anybody thinking us buying a 19 year old GK and there wasn't going to be needs their head examined. He has been the best GK in the top 4 this season only rivaled by the Spurs GK. Yet the stick he gets is way over the top. No way should we be looking to replace him if he hasn't improved in 2 years then that's a different story but right now the signs are he will become one of the top GK's in the world.

Lawman

Just to add Goals on Sunday 1 minute summary consisted of "good save by DDG he got lucky tipping it onto the base of the post there" I expected better from Cammy to be fair usually good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another cracker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...c-summer.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#axzz2Jpg5upIx

I mean after a flawless game, they still can't help themselves. Look at the caption under the pictures of de Gea and Lindegaard :houllier:
So the picture they use is a photo of de Gea picking the ball out the air of a crowded box, under pressure from hangeland - very cleanly may I add, and they decide to say he is "uncertain", Jesus do these people actually watch the games? It's like they are trying to brainwash people into thinking he is terrible :lol:

I've never seen anything like this before, the non stop criticism is amazing.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
There comes a point where so much shit is wafted by the media that we just have to ignore it.

Drainy

Funny thing is that if de Gea was English after yesterday's performance there probably would be the kneejerk response to say he should be given a chance for the national team.

Obviously, de Gea isn't perfect- he probably isn't entirely 'ready' for being United's first choice due to his lack of experience dealing with high balls into the box, but the way the journos slam him over minor errors, minimise his excellent moments and plain make shit up to blame him for all while going over the top with their rhetoric is pathetic.

At least I heard one journo making the logical point that he could be a great goalkeeper in a couple of years so it's a risk to sell him.. you know sports journalism is broken in this country when somebody making a point THAT simple is the one who's sounding the least stupid.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm reading on twitter that Chris Kamara has just called DDG's save of Ruiz "Lucky".

If true, then all this DDG criticism has reached new levels of retardedness.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That save off the Ruiz shot was outstanding.
Here it is, thanks to mdanani from the newbies:

Was quite surprising when one of the commentators on Fox Soccer defended him, saying he was being unfairly criticized by the press!

Great save.

Edit: :lol: not again, Orton. Twice in less than a day you've beaten me by less than a minute.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
I'm reading on twitter that Chris Kamara has just called DDG's save of Ruiz "Lucky".

If so then all this DDG criticism has reached new levels of retardedness.
He didn't see the save. Said we were lucky that it came back off the post. Idiotic to not see the finger tips, but loads of reds over reacting as usual.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
If you still don't believe that the media has an agenda against De Gea, just look at the coverage he's getting after yesterdays game. It's absolutely pathetic.

Very few mentions (if any?) of his save when Ruiz shot hit the post - most of the media reporting it as him getting lucky and being nowhere (:lol:) near it. On a day where he actually did good on crosses they still criticise him for it or say that Fulham didn't do enough to put him under pressure. This is not just United fans being paranoid - the agenda is clear as fecking day. I've even seen a lot of non-United fans being fed up with it as well.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Here it is, thanks to mdanani from the newbies:

Great save.

Edit: :lol: not again, Orton. Twice in less than a day you've beaten me by less than a minute.
I swear it's not intentional, I just happened to be on twitter and came across a link :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'17.57: De Gea rushes out of goal to catch a child who has fallen off the second tier...but he should've parried it to safety.'

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The fact that some journalists thought he was nowhere near the Ruiz shot is a testament to the save really. I very highly doubt they'd get it wrong on purpose, I think they just missed it. Was an incredible save.

EverReddy

If you still don't believe that the media has an agenda against De Gea, just look at the coverage he's getting after yesterdays game. It's absolutely pathetic.
Agreed.

Why though? They're not all ABU's. Is it to create some kind of drama, excitement? I'm not sure what their agenda is based on and what they hope to achieve by it (apart from circulation/viewing figures)? Anyone care to enlighten me as to why the journo's pundits have turned into some kind of lynch mob on this? Surely it's more than just 'he's not an English keeper'?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"On another #MUFC player, thought De Gea was top drawer. Will be world's best within 5 years. All. About learning /confidence now. I saw an excellent GK today. Great saves, bold on crosses, quick off his line, confident. Some players take more time to learn/mature. If any 'baby' can go to a club with a bench mark that VdS/Schmeichel set and not have blips, they are robots. A lonely position."
From Stan Collymore according to a newb. It's a strange situation when he's a voice of sense and reason.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

Very few mentions (if any?) of his save when Ruiz shot hit the post - most of the media reporting it as him getting lucky and being nowhere (:lol:) near it. On a day where he actually did good on crosses they still criticise him for it or say that Fulham didn't do enough to put him under pressure. This is not just United fans being paranoid - the agenda is clear as fecking day. I've even seen a lot of non-United fans being fed up with it as well.
Yeah it's absolutely undeniable. Never seen anything like it with a player. You get 4 year old cliches repeatedly trotted out with players like Nani, but that's probably because a lot of pundits don't actually watch games properly and don't really have a clue what they're on about. With De Gea, it's a different case altogether. He receives next to no praise for what he is good at, and everything that is or even isn't his fault is zoomed in on to the extent that he's been repeatedly hounded in the media. The whole thing is detestable.

MG

I honestly think the criticism does us some good.

Most of the opposition players/supporters take all the ridiculous criticism of De Gea seriously and that causes them to make really stupid crosses from outside the area that they've got no chance with (especially from set-pieces), because they've heard in the media that De Gea is put 'under pressure' by that. Of course they miss, and if they'd passed a few times into the box they could have scored. So it turns out quite well for us. I remember Tottenham doing that loads a year ago in the game we played after De Gea had got loads of unfair criticism. Got them nowhere.

I think the criticism is just the media desperate to write about something with us. Criticism of United always sells papers, but we're so far ahead this season and they've got to write about something. I knew there'd be no mention of his good game against Fulham. Hopefully De Gea will just ignore most of this. I doubt he even understands most of it.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Hart pulled out of a similar challenge to De Gea's last week a few moments ago. Granted that Hart had further to travel but I think that he chose not to fly into the man without being sure that he could get the ball. Both keepers, in my eyes are vindicated. That said, Hart should never have gone for it in the first place.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hart not been brilliant on high balls today but not been mentioned as of yet
He's slightly better than DDG dealing with aerial balls, but it's never mentioned when he looks uncomfortable. I think a part of it is that Hart has a stupid look on his face which makes him look like he's faultless, the smug, arrogant twat.

King_Eric

Was just about to post the same thing. Same at this last corner. If that were De Gea we'd never hear the end of it.

There is no denying De Gea is being singled out by the press. The press' reaction on yesterday's game makes that more than clear. And once you have a reputation, it's very hard to lose it. But he will, in time.

At the same time, some United supporters are reacting a bit extreme at the other end as well. If there's a mistake, you don't have to try and defend it blindly of course. He has made mistakes, but the mistakes that have been in the media last few weeks are made by all goalkeepers on a weekly basis. Never mentioned though apart from when De Gea makes them...

Status
Not open for further replies.