David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

Yes he's still flawed, but his natural abilities are brilliant, he's going to be something else in a few years and today showed it. MoTM.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Gets better with each game he plays. Unsurprisingly. Thank feck Lindegaard's injury forced Fergie to put an end to all the chopping and changing.
Absolutely! Some of the stick that he has received from both the (douche bag) press and our own fans has been down right scandalous.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Apart from his usual brilliant saves routine, today he looked acclimatised to the British game. Great performance.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Just before Norwich scored he made a good punch from the corner too, good to see him coming out and showing command in that situation. The save before the corner was a stunner, one for the camera's.

fanutd

I think he put in a fantastic performance today. I think he has all the ingredients required to be a top class keeper sooner then we expect.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Hopefully this run of good performances will stop this goalkeeper comparison debate and keep SAF from rotating full stop. He's what we need when we've got a defense that is always going to concede 2-3 chances per game no matter what.

Brophs

The One and Only
At the moment he's not good enough. He's a skinny kid, not what you need in goal in this country.

If it was the CL final tomorrow I'd pick Lindegaard!

I know he's young but he's not been here long and he's made so many mistakes.
CL final tomorrow....I'd play De Gea.
You're such a gimp.

One month that took. During which time you wanted us to drop him for Ben fecking Amos.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
He was awesome today, not only his shot stopping but his handling and his physical presence was much improved.

I echo the run of games was exactly what he needed. Lindegaard's injury is unfortunate but it's bringing De Gea on nicely. He needed to be thrown back into the deep end again because we believe he has the quality to overcome it.

Today his saves were worthy of a highlights reel. I thought he handled crosses well and otherwise looked very assured.

BaldwinLegend

You're such a gimp.

One month that took. During which time you wanted us to drop him for Ben fecking Amos.
That's a touch unfair. If Lindegaard had been available there's a good chance he'd have played in DDG's place in at least some of the last 4-5 games. Does that make SAF a gimp too? He certainly looked like he was gearing up to drop De Gea and stick with Lindegaard before the injury.

SirAF

Ageist
Good performance today! He looked comfortable on corners and crosses as well, there's no way Lindegaard should get back in when he's back.

Brophs

The One and Only
That's a touch unfair. If Lindegaard had been available there's a good chance he'd have played in DDG's place in at least some of the last 4-5 games. Does that make SAF a gimp too? He certainly looked like he was gearing up to drop De Gea and stick with Lindegaard before the injury.
No it's not. If he'd said that he'd pick Lindegaard on form that wouldn't be an issue, but what he's trying to say is that in these four or five games De Gea has assuaged all doubts about him and is now the undisputed number one, when a few weeks ago he had such fatal flaws to his game that we should have dropped him for Ben Amos.

It's reactionary nonsense.

Ludens the Red

Best game in a United shirt, Norwich put the ball in the box a lot and he dealt with most crosses. A few good saves as well.

Onwards and upwards.

OneUnited24

He has played quite well recently so lets hope the media get off his back.
All it takes is another mistake for that bandwagon to start. Funny because this hasnt been a good season for keepers theres been a few mistakes around but only De Gea seems to get the brunt of it.

Commadus

All it takes is another mistake for that bandwagon to start. Funny because this hasnt been a good season for keepers theres been a few mistakes around but only De Gea seems to get the brunt of it.
It's the Media

pick one or more from

1) He's at United
2) He's a foreigner
3) He cost £18m
4) He is replacing VDS
5) Did I say he's at United - well doesnt matter I'll say it again.

Don't expect balanced reporting from the media.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Another amazing performance from David.

Like said it was only a matter of time before he knows to play in the Premier League.
It's much better he makes mistakes in his first months than he makes mistakes in his 2nd or 3rd season like Barthez.

It's a shame that his performance will go unnoticed in media because of the North London derby...
Who cares about the feckin press or media or other fans..........it's only important we (Manager, coaches, team-mates and fans) know that he was brilliant today.

Edmeiste

i was in the pub today and some guy next to me kept talking about how he felt lindegaard was the better option. Seconds later, DDG makes a wonder save. After punching my fists in the air, i just sit there and smile. The boy is truly special.

OneUnited24

It's the Media

pick one or more from

1) He's at United
2) He's a foreigner
3) He cost £18m
4) He is replacing VDS
5) Did I say he's at United - well doesnt matter I'll say it again.

Don't expect balanced reporting from the media.
Just annoys me, the guy at Asnl has made a few blunders this season but people keep talking about him being a up and comer, De Gea is the same age but people are expecting instant success and ignoring any future potential. Granted the price tag may be a indicator to people in the media we wanted someone who we thought was exactly like VdS but we were buying in the hopes he would become the next VdS.

I mean, if De Gea was as good as VdS now then he'd be one hell of a keeper in his prime!

Status
Not open for further replies.