g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
David de Gea image 1

David de Gea Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Shearer saying Lloris' name in the same breath as his is a joke!
I was a huge Shearer fan when he was a player. He was the best finisher in the World at that time.
But to mention DDG with Lloris...Alan, I think you need to have a lie down.

IMO nobody should be mentioned alongside DDG. He is the best, by a good margin.

Unlikely lad

Video shows how great he was in that game. Though by his standards that's an average day :D
feck me. I genuinely think watching United over the past 3 years has desensitised me from so-called "great saves" from other keepers. De Gea comes out with impossible ones week in week out.

Norris

He's so good that nobody has anything to say about it. An absolutely measly 29 pages.
This. We have players performance posts well over 10k for some of them and the best player of our club can't even manage a quarter of that. What a bloody brilliant keeper. The best in the world and by some fair distance.
I am glad and grateful Fergie preferred him to Neur.

Norris

When he retires, he has to be our GK coach no matter what. Doesn't matter if you can't coach the things he does, his mere presence will boost our future group of keepers.

Verminator

It feels wrong to expect a keeper to save penalties but I do with Dave.

This. We have players performance posts well over 10k for some of them and the best player of our club can't even manage a quarter of that. What a bloody brilliant keeper. The best in the world and by some fair distance.
I am glad and grateful Fergie preferred him to Neur.
Fergie preferred Neuer. It was Eric Steel who swung the decision.

LouisDanGaal

Really don't want him to win player of the season because its getting a bit boring but yeah, its his in the bag isn't it. Next season, Tony martials coming for you!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Should be the highest earner on the team.
Should be our #1 priority, again, to retain him and bump his wage up to that of the premier players in world football.

We would be nowhere without him, and he's doing all of this with a sub-par defense and midfield in front of him.

He's our best player and should be recognised as such in terms of pay grade and promotions.

Norris

But he made the final decision. So credit should always go to him. It's never easy to make such a decision considering how much more well established Neuer was. Ofcourse Steele played his part in that.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Pointless post. Well done.
:lol:

Kind of wish Spain win the Euros just so that he can be in the conversation for the Ballon d'Or. Has no chance currently, with us not winning anything, but he's definitely among the best players in the world.

JTW95

Gullible sausage

I am pretty sure Neuer was our first choice but chose Bayern over us so we went for De Gea instead.

Norris

I am pretty sure Neuer was our first choice but chose Bayern over us so we went for De Gea instead.
Nah. Fergie mentioned it himself that DDG was the priority after him and Steel went to watch him for a La Liga game.

ZAGREB RED

It's hard to come up with the words at times to describe his performances. He is just immense.

Haddock

Everywhere I read about De Gea they say - seriously challenging Neuer for best in the world. There's no comparision. Neuer always has a mistake or two in him. Watch him in a Champions league game and you can smell it coming if he gets too excited. He wishes he were as good as Spanish Dave.

David has been the best Goalkeeper around for three years now.

Norris

Honestly on this season's performance and last season, Neuer isn't even top 2 for me. Like Haddock mentioned, he does make quite a few mistakes and I don't think he's that good on 1 v 1's.

Sylar

Best in the world.

Imagine if he had a strong defensive unit in front of him as well.

RRCE

He's the best in the world, full stop. Neuer is clearly very good and has great physical attributes, but ask yourself - how well would he have done in our squad over the past few seasons? We've hung De Gea out to dry on many, many occasions. I can't believe that Neuer would have come through with his reputation in tact, let alone enhanced. It may be a pipe dream, but I sure hope we can hold onto De Gea for at least a few more seasons. Brilliant player.

Status
Not open for further replies.