Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
My MOTM, simply because without him we'd have been out of the game before Rashford came on!

Where we have De Gea, the Scousers have Mingolet and Karius. Today's results show how important that is.

Devil may care

Two really big saves today, we are playing so much better this season so there has been less focus on him, but he's vital for us.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My MOTM. That save he made just before we scored:eek: He saved our arses big time today. Well worth his pay cheque this week.:D

AndyJ1985

He's still as brilliant as he always is, but the great thing about this season is that he won't win our player of the season by default due to everyone else being shit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No doubt, he will go down as our greatest ever keeper. Can see him getting up to 700 appearances here.

Ixion

No doubt, he will go down as our greatest ever keeper. Can see him getting up to 700 appearances here.
Bold prediction since he'd have to go down as the greatest keeper ever in that case.

Acole9

Outstanding
He showed why he is one of the worlds best today, two crucial saves.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
After a so and so season (for his level, great season for anyone else except Neuer) he is quickly getting back into David De GOAT mode.

NYAS

A bit shocked there isn't more praise and discussion for him after that match. Yeah yeah we're used to it and all that but still, that was world-class. A goalkeeper that genuinely wins you games.

SirAF

Ageist
Love the fact he chose to stay with us and not leave for Real aren't you? :D
Do we thank LVG for that or just that DDG loves us too?
It was widely reported he would feck off if LvG stayed :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
Love the fact he chose to stay with us and not leave for Real aren't you? :D
Do we thank LVG for that or just that DDG loves us too?
All the reports said that De Gea didn't have a good rapport with LVG because LVG wanted to replace him with Keylor Navas in his first season here. Then De Gea got player of the year award (from both players and fans). Then to be fair to LVG, he played it well when he benched De Gea and when Madrid transfer failed, De Gea essentially was forced to sign a new contract otherwise he would miss the EUROs (remember what Del Bosque said?). That worked well for us, but I don't think that De Gea was much happy about it.

Also, the journos were claiming that he was looking to leave if LVG had continued.

Djemba-Djemba

First match this season where I thought DDG saved us. Great performance.
I'd say the game at Liverpool too but yeah it's not been as regular this season as the last 3 years.

Which is a good thing of course. Vital saves today.

The United

Good saves today.

And I agree he has been just average for his own standard this season. Hopefully he kicks on from now on like the rest of the team recently have.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Better than Neuer for me. And if he played for Real Madrid and not us, a lot more people would be saying it too.
I agree in general. The only reason Neuer always comes out on top (beyond being a great keeper) is because he's a CL and WC winner. If Dave had those two trophies he would be considered the best keeper in the world. All in all, there's very little between them.

Sylar

Can be hard to judge how good some of his saves are because he makes worldies look comfortable stops.
Which is great but strange at the same time. Any other keeper, id be thinking "wow,what a save". With Dave, its, thanks for saving our arse again. but expected.

One of the two talking heads on NBCSN exclaimed after DDG's save with his top (right) hand that 'you know, when you see goalkeepers going with their top hand are struggling a little bit.' Absolute, absurd bullshit.
Annoys me when people who have clearly never trained or even bothered to do research on this talk about it. Its like when he was being criticised for making saves with his feet, like how dare he stop the ball going in with anything but his hands.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Which is great but strange at the same time. Any other keeper, id be thinking "wow,what a save". With Dave, its, thanks for saving our arse again. but expected.

Annoys me when people who have clearly never trained or even bothered to do research on this talk about it. Its like when he was being criticised for making saves with his feet, like how dare he stop the ball going in with anything but his hands.
It's defo a compliment but I guess we judge him harshly due to his own phenomenal standards. I love it when he saves with his feet or whatever. I remember Schmeichel saving several one on ones with his face, balls, anything tbh.

Brightonian

Or even worse is the ongoing backhanded compliment version of that criticism. I heard it again today, I think in some highlights of the Everton game. 'It doesn't matter what part of the body you use to save it, as long as you keep it out' after a very smart stop with the foot at the near post from close range. As if a save with your foot is somehow shameful and needs to be justified!

The only thing worse than that is the perennial 'he's even saved it with the wrong hand' moronism. Actual former professional footballers (although never a keeper, unsurprisingly) continue to be seemingly unable to understand that if a keeper dives to save a shot heading for the top corner, by the time he reaches the ball he will be almost parallel to the ground, and underneath the ball. So the 'far hand' is actually the near hand. It's so fecking straightforward...

And the arrogance of pointing it out too, as if some bit-part CB from the 80s has noticed that the world-class goalkeeper - who spends every day of his life training to be as absolutely perfect a keeper as possible, with all the very best experts coaching him - doesn't actually know how to make saves.

Robertd0803

Brilliant save from Antonio in the second half. Its almost as if we are so used to him being world class that when he makes fantastic saves we are very matter of fact about it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I gave DDG as the MOTM, against WHU.
The 2 saves he made against WHU were just super human.
I stated many times that there simply aren't enough superlatives to describe his goal keeping ability.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
As solid as ever. He could be an outfield player with them feet.

Mike09

When it's needed, he always save us. Unlucky for penalty he could have save it but Milner took it very well. I can't remember him having a poor game apart from that Stoke City.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Big save when we needed it. His passing & composure was exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.