Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been indecisive this season. I think there were 3 opportunities he could come out to claim the ball and refused to do so.

wr8_utd

:'(
He couldn't have saved the goal with the reaction time but he definitely could have come and done something with the ball being in the air so long.

caid

Its literally past him before he's seen it. There's absolutely nothing he can do except hope he gets lucky and it hits him.

Now whether he should have come and claimed it is another matter, but criticising him for not saving that is silly.
He absolutely should have claimed it for the very reason your state - he had no chance of saving a shot at that distance.
Letting the ball drop into your 6 yard box is asking for trouble

Vilev

Its literally past him before he's seen it. There's absolutely nothing he can do except hope he gets lucky and it hits him.

Now whether he should have come and claimed it is another matter, but criticising him for not saving that is silly.
I think it's wrong to split the episode. It's one moment. The goal is a result of GK's mistake, that much for me is clear. If GK decides to stay on the line, he has at the very least save the balls that literally goes through his legs. Keepers make point blank save all the time. If Jags hit the corner, the sure, not much could have been done, but this sort of shot a good keeper must save.

NinjaFletch

He absolutely should have claimed it for the very reason your state - he had no chance of saving a shot at that distance.
Letting the ball drop into your 6 yard box is asking for trouble
The more I watch it the more I don't agree. Rojo just has to win the header.

Kag

He's at fault for the goal, yes. If there's one player who doesn't deserve to be called a cnut, though, then surely it's De Gea? Apparently not, however...

Perhaps our manager and his attackers could start doing their job and bail him out for a change, and not the other way around.

caid

The more I watch it the more I don't agree. Rojo just has to win the header.
Cant agree.
Jagielka is good in the air, hes going to win his fair share of challenges there.
De Gea had loads of time to react and it just shouldn't have ever reached Jagielka

Ban

Go and grab or punch the ball, clean out Rojo on the way, Jagielka, everyone, just deal with that ball.

Blind

Seems to have evolved to the full mohawk now, it's a far cry from the classic teen wolf days.

NinjaFletch

Cant agree.
Jagielka is good in the air, hes going to win his fair share of challenges there.
De Gea had loads of time to react and it just shouldn't have ever reached Jagielka
That's fair enough, it's a valid viewpoint. I just think it comes from an awkward angle and height meaning the only time he has to get it is just before it drops. Even then, the only reason we concede is because of the weird fecking shit Rojo is doing whilst the ball passes near his head. He's getting of far too lightly.

Pogbahimovich

This is the second time I am commenting on his blunders. Why is he not punching that away? Rojo is on the wrong side of the ball and can only foul. The ball is in the air for about two hour and De Gea is protecting his fecking line. Aweful, indecisive and to make matters worse there was another one where he should have cleared it, that time Rojo rightly shouted at him. Not impressed. If I have to comment on here third time this season I will want him to be shipped to madrid. A good keeper is the one that doesn't make errors, not the one that makes fantastic saves every now and then.

KjaAnd

Terrible game by him. I simply cannot fanthom why he almost never comes off his line for balls like the one they scored from. It's the one aspect of goalkeeping he doesn't master.

Ban

This is the second time I am commenting on his blunders. Why is he not punching that away? Rojo is on the wrong side of the ball and can only foul. The ball is in the air for about two hour and De Gea is protecting his fecking line. Aweful, indecisive and to make matters worse there was another one where he should have cleared it, that time Rojo rightly shouted at him. Not impressed. If I have to comment on here third time this season I will want him to be shipped to madrid. A good keeper is the one that doesn't make errors, not the one that makes fantastic saves every now and then.
Every keeper makes errors. He doesn't make plenty of them.
You have to comment third time this season and that's why you want him out?
Ridiculous.

Womp

idiot
He's at fault for the goal, yes. If there's one player who doesn't deserve to be called a cnut, though, then surely it's De Gea? Apparently not, however...

Perhaps our manager and his attackers could start doing their job and bail him out for a change, and not the other way around.
He has barely bailed out shite all season. Nearly shat himself last game by being asleep too. Has hardly been a good season by his standards

Kag

He has barely bailed out shite all season. Nearly shat himself last game by being asleep too. Has hardly been a good season by his standards
Well he has the best part of five years credit in the bank, while the manager and his bands of idiots up top have about five minutes. We dropped points because, yet again, we couldn't score more than one measly goal. I have no issue with highlighting his errors such as tonight, but abusing him and going over the top with our very best player seems a little unjustified to me.

Kag

I do think De Gea has looked a little less decisive this season. It's never been his greatest strength, but it's an area of his game that improved significantly under Van Gaal and Frans Hoek. It's definitely regressed a little.

peanuthead

He was partly at fault for the goal but I'm not surprised because since he's been here that always seems to be his problem, being reluctant at coming off his line and proof of that is it happened twice after the goal. That time when Rojo headed back to him and in the second half again with Rojo and Lukaku tussling for the ball, this time he actually came off his line but walking rather than rushing to ground to collect the ball. I highly doubt his head is in Madrid or whatever as for a reason to his performance.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He has barely bailed out shite all season. Nearly shat himself last game by being asleep too. Has hardly been a good season by his standards[/QUOTE]
Yeah..... normally he only saves us 20+ points a season. This season it's down to 10-15?

If the rest of the team had played anywhere near his standard over the last few years, we could have won another league.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Romero's performances have been miles better this season. De Gea seems to be poorer the less frequently he's called upon.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't think he's had a poor season at all but his decision making tonight wasn't good.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Happy to see that you see him at fault like me.

He's one of the best keeper in the world, but he misses something to be the best... The Courage

Yesterday he could have punched this ball and it was ok, but he didn't.

Just hope that he'll perform better this weekend and against Anderlecht

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah De Gea has let himself slip this season. Maybe he's had enough of the club abd couldn't give a shit at this point. I couldn't entirely blame him playing behind this bunch of pathetic bottlers.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Happy to see that you see him at fault like me.

He's one of the best keeper in the world, but he misses something to be the best... The Courage

Yesterday he could have punched this ball and it was ok, but he didn't.

Just hope that he'll perform better this weekend and against Anderlecht
Pretty sure Romero will play against Anderlecht. Looking at his performances for us this season, I think he's deserved it, too.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Pretty sure Romero will play against Anderlecht. Looking at his performances for us this season, I think he's deserved it, too.
He deserves to play against Anderlecht but what if Mourinho decides to prioritize the EL now ?

He may play De Gea for the first game at Anderlecht knowing that a good result there can put us in good position for both the Chelsea and the return game

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He deserves to play against Anderlecht but what if Mourinho decides to prioritize the EL now ?

He may play De Gea for the first game at Anderlecht knowing that a good result there can put us in good position for both the Chelsea and the return game
Have thought that would happen from the 1st knockout round. I think EL was kind of a priority at least from last 16 forward.

Alabaster Codify7

Terrible goal to concede. I still think his head hasn't been in the game this season, nor his heart in the club. I expect him to leave this summer especially when we finish outside the top 4.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think he's suffering from having a lack of work to do. Always looked his best when he was having to save our asses.

A few times last night he got his positioning badly wrong though. Should have come out and punched the ball over Rojo, should have come out and helped Rojo when he was holding off Lukaku in the first half, and should have stayed on his line when Rojo was wanting to head it back to him in the 2nd.

Just a lack of communication really but it made everything much more confusing than it had to be.

OohAahMartial

Romero's performances have been miles better this season. De Gea seems to be poorer the less frequently he's called upon.
Agree that Romero has been better this season. I remember when De Gea got dropped for a month due to Madrid speculation possibly affecting him. If that is the case again, drop him again. Time and time again last night Rojo was expecting De Gea to come and help out but he stays rooted to his line. Far cry from Schmikes domination of his area.

Status
Not open for further replies.