Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
The fact that his performance is not surprising tells you what you need to know about the man.
Still our best player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That interview might as well have been a robot :lol:

Ignored the questions and just went straight to his media training phrase book...

What’s your favourite drink David?
“Team played well, scored, team performance, happy to get 3 points”

Any plans for Christmas?
“We scored two goals, important thing is that we are pleased to get 3 points, team played well”

Treble

We counter atacked brilliantly. But anorher keeper and that wouldn't have been a win. Absolutely fantastic.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Get him to sign a career-long contract and then we can end the Next OT statue thread :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That double save off Sanchez saved the game of us. Unbelievable.

BITW

N2402

give him how much he wants to sign a new deal, no one better

Skubah

There is no one better between the sticks than this man.

Honestly think he is the best keeper we have ever had.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Arsenal expected goals: 5.01
Man Utd expected goals: 1.82 ( as per Telegraph's tweet)
That's 4 goals he has saved statistically! I doubt the difference between xG and actual goals conceded has been this high

Giggs86

His highlights reel from today's game only is richer than most keepers will achieve in their lifetime.

A schmeichel-esque performance today. I might even say better.

Barnslig

About time the thread is renamed to David de God, simply numero uno in the world.

Bobski

He annoyed me at the start with how unwilling he was to come off the line, but his shot-stopping is peerless, maybe in the history of the game.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Blank cheque to keep him please.

He’s unbelievable. I can’t even be bothered to get my thesaurus out to pull out a list of words which correspond with what I’ve just seen.

The real MOTM.

Devil may care

The best reflexes I have ever seen on a keeper, I think sometimes we take for granted just how lucky we are to have him.

cyberman

I love the Sanchez save, Alexis turned to almost complain to David for keeping him out!

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Best goalkeeper we ever had, no reason to put him behind Schmeichel or van der Sar. The only difference are the big titles they won (same in comparison with Neuer) but he can't win them alone (trying his best to do it though).

el3mel

He's on his way to become one of the top 10 GKs in football, maybe he'll even become one of the top 3 when he retires. He has no limits.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best goalkeeper we ever had, no reason to put him behind Schmeichel or van der Sar. The only difference are the big titles they won (same in comparison with Neuer) but he can't win them alone (trying his best to do it though).
Yep, came in to same that. He's a more talented keeper then any I've ever seen and the best we've ever had in terms of purely how consistently brilliant he's been since he developed into a world class keeper 4 years ago.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not sure if the 'Young drop back to near post' move on the Gooner freekick from just outside the box was something the squad worked on in training, doesn't seem so due to Young kind of shuffling & stumbling bacK to the post (great decision as he saved a goal with his clearance header).

Instead, it seemed that DDG read where the shot most likely was going to go, then quickly instructed Young to drop to the near post, catching Young a bit off guard (thus the stumbling). If DDG was the true administraton of that decision, & not a practiced move, that says a lot about the command & respect from his teammates he commands in the box.

If that is even close to being the case, the last hurdle DDG has is being able to command 8 to 10 yards out on corner kicks / deep crosses from play. He can't barge through players like Schmeichel did, he has to talk & administrate more like VDS did. He needs to stop being rooted to the goal line.

If he gets that last part down, & he stays with us for five or more years, then we have someone deep into the argument of best keeper of all time.

kotha

Started off slowly my getting the ball out and acting all cool.. Then slowly raising his temperature.. With the super saiyan mode by the end of first half!! :drool:

That double save.. Arsenal might have shit their pants thinking how the feck they were going pump 4 past him!

SirAF

Ageist
He's on his way to become one of the top 10 GKs in football, maybe he'll even become one of the top 3 when he retires. He has no limits.
Win a CL with United and he'll easily be up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.