Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Love the man, even more with his new hairstyle, looks so cool and calm. He enjoyed it today, games like these make him invincible. I want to be a GK myself after today

dichinero

Imagine we had a normal keeper today. We'd have lost
If we even had a very good keeper, we would have been thumped. We needed the #1 to survive that onslaught. Thankfully we have him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think it's an insult to compare him with other goalkeepers.
He's one of the best players in the world. Period.
Easily a tip 5 player. £63m...feck off!

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
That interview might as well have been a robot :lol:

Ignored the questions and just went straight to his media training phrase book...

What’s your favourite drink David?
“Team played well, scored, team performance, happy to get 3 points”

Any plans for Christmas?
“We scored two goals, important thing is that we are pleased to get 3 points, team played well”
:lol::lol::lol:

Dansk

He's simply the best shotstopper I've ever witnessed. Some keepers have been better in other aspects of the game - look at Schmeichel's leadership presence and his throws - but I don't believe there has ever been someone who was just better at saving shots. He's unbelievable.

Reactions: Invictus

wr8_utd

:'(
Neuer will still probably be voted in TOTY despite missing half the season.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
There might be a touch of masochism to it, but I was kind of starving for such profound performance from De Gea since the last one had probably happened under Loon van Gaal?! Was wondering whether he's still that good or whether he's lost some of his superb reflexes. Hell, there's a thrilling pleasure in experiencing such memorable storm at the goal line gig. Surely he's the best goalkeeper in the world.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Jedi reactions. The Sanchez rebound and the Lukaku deflection were both insane saves.

He started a bit wobbly but even when he's not at his best, he is still ridiculous.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Think it's an insult to compare him with other goalkeepers.
He's one of the best players in the world. Period.
Easily a tip 5 player. £63m...feck off!
I agree. I remember a while back a few opposition posters were saying we were "reaching" in calling him the best GK in the world because we wanted a world class player and I thought it was nonsense back then.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This guy is an absolute freak

Just unbelievable. The best keeper United have had i think.

Home&Away

Easily worth neymar money - he should think about how much these other teams value him & we should tie him down to highest wage in the world type of contract.

As important as a striker who scores 2+ goals a game.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I read rival forums from time to time to see their post-match comments as well and they all hate De Gea. :lol: Dude is just too good.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I read rival forums from time to time to see their post-match comments as well and they all hate De Gea. :lol: Dude is just too good.
Rival fans are going to party across the country if he ever leaves us.
Although he could be out in Madrid and still find a way to bail us out, he's that good.

Easily worth neymar money - he should think about how much these other teams value him & we should tie him down to highest wage in the world type of contract.

As important as a striker who scores 2+ goals a game.
DDG is a great player, but that’s absurd. If we had Messi, we could have any muppet in goal. I think he’s certainly the highest paid keeper in the world.

Home&Away

DDG is a great player, but that’s absurd. If we had Messi, we could have any muppet in goal. I think he’s certainly the highest paid keeper in the world.
Okay then. Barcelona struggled to reach their very best many times themselves in and out for some time struggling to find a good GK themselves whilst they had Messi & many more.

Before I saw de gea - I would have agreed with you; but this GK not being as important as a striker thing doesn't make sense to me anymore; especially when you see the prices quoted for him & the match winning performances he makes.

Antonedwin

Fexk off madrid 63m is an insult.
That save from Sanchez rebound though , any other keeper would try to use their hands / body to block it & would concede 10 out of 10 times...
He stuck in his feet to block it. Not a normal reaction from goal keeper

Last edited:

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The fella is the second reincarnation of Jesus Christ. Or whatever religion your follow. Either way the fella is beautiful and we’re lucky to have him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He is probably 18 months off his top form too!

In a way, he is lucky to have played for us post SAF as we’ve been rubbish enough for him to show his worth, instead of being bored senseless doing sod all playing for an imperious Madrid.

He deserves to be captain on the day we next lift a major trophy, preferably the league title

Hawks2008

As great as Pogba is, Dave is still our best player for me. The best keeper in the world. If he isn't already among our highest paid players then giving him a bumper contract should be a priority to keep Florentino Perez' filthy clutches off him. Absolutely insane performance.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
The Lionel Messi of Goalkeepers. That's how good his natural talent and consistency is.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's simply the best shotstopper I've ever witnessed. Some keepers have been better in other aspects of the game - look at Schmeichel's leadership presence and his throws - but I don't believe there has ever been someone who was just better at saving shots. He's unbelievable.
For shotstopping he's 2nd for me in my lifetime (i am 25).

The best will surprise a few maybe, Santiago Canizares, i use to watch him convinced i was watching special effects editing. My two favourite saves of his i have spent the last 10 minutes trying to find to no avail, one from Gerrard around 2003, and one from Ballack a few years later when he got down to the bottom corner (like right down) and somehow managed to punch it upwards to the roof of the net.

NK86

Fexk off madrid 63m is an insult.
That save from Sanchez rebound though , any other keeper would try to use their hands / body to block it & would concede 10 out of 10 times...
He stuck in his feet to block it. Not a normal reaction from goal keeper
Should have seen Sanchez's reaction after that. Looked like he had seen a ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.