David De Gea

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
Can't believe people are happy for him to leave :lol:. Him going would be another step towards doing a Scouse special. Make him the highest paid player in the squad and be done with it.

Womp

idiot
Can't believe people are happy for him to leave :lol:. Him going would be another step towards doing a Scouse special. Make him the highest paid player in the squad and be done with it.
If he leaves it's not going to be for money. He is not young anymore, he is going to want to be with his girlfriend and possibly start thinking about starting a family.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If he leaves it's not going to be for money. He is not young anymore, he is going to want to be with his girlfriend and possibly start thinking about starting a family.

Exactly. It's hard to do whenever your partner lives in a different country.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
He better start looking at nurseries in Manchester then (or women :keano:)

Bojan11

Can Madrid just go for Hazard and Courtois.

About time they started going after Chelsea players.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What do you mean? He only stayed because of a major feck up. He wanted to leave and he'd have been away last summer if Frans Hoek stayed. This summer if Madrid come in for him, he will be gone. No point in lying to yourself citing media bs when Madrid are clearly interested in him and he's clearly interested in Madrid.
He could have gone in the winter or the summer transfer window, but both times he obviously didn't. He chose to extend his contract, he didn't have to but he did it anyway. Isn't Mendes managing Mourinho too? Don't think he would force a transfer.

You think differently and that's on you, but i don't think De Gea will join Real Madrid any time soon. More likely, never.

De Gea about Mourinho:
"Talk about Jose Mourinho and you're talking about a winner. We can make a great team and I welcome him. Winning is United's, Jose's and my philosophy." :drool:

That's not a man saying who wants out.

TsuWave

honestly can't be fecked with having to deal with this every summer. my favorite united keeper but this is draining, if he wants to go then so be it. tell madrid to come correct with the numbers and let's move on.

Devil may care

If this happens we have to get a player out of them as part of the deal. As for a replacement, Oblak and Donnarumma are by far the best options.

pascell

Doesn't strike me as the type to hand in a transfer request and if the release clause passed last summer, then they'll have to pay a ridiculous fee cause we don't really need the money.

OohAahMartial

I feel that Romero has been better than him This season anyway, dont know the stats but it feels like he has kept more clean sheets and made more outstanding saves.

Klopp_De_Klown

Are we to assume to this nonsense speculation that he has now forgiven Madrid for letting him down the first time?

The popular lie at the time of the failed deal was, United didn't send in the paper work in time, then there was a fax problem at united, then there was a fax problem in Madrid and then finally it was the spanish FA system that failed. To which we now know it was Real that stalled with 10 mins to spare because, apparently, a poll said the fans prefered bravo and 25M plus bravo was more than Real wanted to spend or it created doubt in the board room and for whatever reason the deal was shelved.

What we do know was that he, DDG, was very upset by it all. Im not so sure he is all that interested in them anymore and I dont see all the fealers in the world no matter how blatent can change that. He still had 3 years left of his contract also and was it £200K per week he is on?

We should offer him the Rooney deal and see where he actually stands, without all the Real loyal kite flyers filling up whole rainforrests worth of their back pages for the next 5-29 months as is their media tactic over there.

Reactions: Sultan

gajender

There were two major reasons for Real Madrid's interest in De Gea he being world class Spanish keeper and him being available on cheap due to his contract situation , one of those condition is no longer applicable so Madrid's move for him though not impossible but is highly unlikely .

I can see them going for Courtois who is of similar level to De Gea and have identical transfer situation as De Gea when Madrid made last made move for him unless he also signs contract extension with Chelsea.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He’s 26 years of age, is about to reach the best years of his career and only has two years left on his current deal with the Red Devils.
Wrong. He has 2 years left on his contract with option to extend for one more year. So that's 3.

It's just some Spanish paper making up strong and this is not even the first time.

So Madrid will convince ManUtd to accept the same offer they made in 2015? :lol:

Jaybomb

If this happens we have to get a player out of them as part of the deal. As for a replacement, Oblak and Donnarumma are by far the best options.
There's no one on his level.

Unless we get Neuer, everyone else is a downgrade.

InfiniteBoredom

Can't see Madrid paying him near as well as we do, especially with the fee we'll make them stump up. De Gea would be forfeiting A LOT of money if he insists on moving, and with Ronaldo winding down it isn't exactly guaranteed that he'd win a lot there.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Didn't Mourinho say he was good friends with Perez and that if he wanted a player they would talk about it as opposed to going to the press and forcing the issue?

Cantona_Forever

Don't think Madrid can afford him, and his wage. (unless he willingly reduce it for them)

Didn't Mourinho say he was good friends with Perez and that if he wanted a player they would talk about it as opposed to going to the press and forcing the issue?
Press need to sell news, or fake news. This has nothing to do with Mourinho or Perez. It's Lindelöf, Semedo, Bakayoko etc. 'news' all over again i.e. "I don't have any news so I makes something up because I just can and because there will be people out there believing it anyway" or "there's this tip from agent concerning his player and United, I haven't checked whether United truly interested in him or this agent just want his player to be known outside of little club he's playing but I will write it as United indeed interested anyway".

Last edited:

NotQuiteManc

I feel that Romero has been better than him This season anyway, dont know the stats but it feels like he has kept more clean sheets and made more outstanding saves.
No way Romero is better than DDG. Romero is a steady experienced GK who is dependable whenever he is playing but come on, better than DDG? Such a revisionism there, pal.

SouthPredators4

If he goes, i seriously hope its player exchange rather than cash, maybe Kroos, Marcelo. They take an irreplacable player from us, we will return the favour. Paying cash is too easy for rich clubs like RM.

prtk0811

Going Absolutely Nowhere. Get Your Guns out For a serious Dog fight. How Long We are gonna play second fiddle to Real madrid for the best players? Dont we have Ucl ambitions? Dont we have the title ambitions? Dont we need the Best players? We Absolutely do have them. We are highest revenue earning Club in the world more than Real madrid themselves. We are the biggest club in the world with highest supporting fan base all over the world more than real madrid themselves which they are delusional about. Its time to make a statement to the players all over the world by making this a bitter fight, specially to spanish players, if they dream of real madrid,against the clubs wishes you may very well stay in spain itself and not come here.Manchester united is not the stepping stone which they may percieve. And specially after the Brexit referendum.

Speaking of every player has his price even the biggest ones , If Pogba was 89 m for a player still developing, if Andrea belotti is quoted 100 m who is no where near world's biggest talent De gea should be 100 m Pounds or more even if he's a goal keeper as he's at his absolute prime with age on his side and we are on strong position until we miss out on ucl. Ground should slide beneath Real madrid's feet If they even try to think of this, That how you deter them. James Rodriguez is no peace maker one bit he's a madrid want away like Ozil and Dimaria as he does not have the attitude and talent enough to become a world beater. Sir Alex Ferguson has himself passed on the idea of signing Rodriguez

Every top club wants to win the champions league and so do Man united and Toni Kroos and Rafael Varane is what we should absolutely get in return and unstable them like we did with Sergio Ramos which shook madrid off their Comfortable Position, to add more balance and quality to our side which will Destabilize the balance of Real madrid Team and act deterrent for madrid to even think of de gea as it will disturb their balance of the side and hurt their La liga and Ucl Ambitions, And make ours.

We are in a strong position if we Qualify in the champions league which i belive we will get at the end of the season for sure . And if De gea Dont sign a new contract we are also in a position to get a young keeper like donarumma or another keeper like oblak or even kasper Schmeichael and play him with de gea on the bench or sharing game time with him.

I Personally belive this story is out now with the support of real madrid to de stabilize De gea again As Deep in their Brain tissues they are feeling a inferioriy complex and lack of confidence in navas Specially when paired against Bayern Munich in the Ucl Quarters seeing Manuel Nueur on the opposite Side . This is absolutely the psyche Of Real Madrid As a club under Perez.

Even With Ronaldo they have Managed to win just One La Liga title till now that too under Jose Mourinho which is now a red devil.

Its No time to take our chips down and make a Business Decision, Specially if we qualify for the champions league and add on crucial balance and quality for the next season to challenge on all fronts and aim to win the Ucl next season.

prtk0811

Make Madrid pay a world record fee for him and give us a player. Otherwise they can do one. £80 million for Ronaldo was a bargain in hindsight and De Gea is another irreplaceable player.

In an ideal world Madrid would just buy Courtois.
Yes 100- 120 m no less Or Kroos and Varane in return. Also its time for the top English clubs and english league to stand up to Real madrid and barcelona and refuse to sell them against their wishes Specially with Ucl Ambitions whcih i belive Chelsea too has. Courtois will also command 70 m fee as well. Madrid should go for lloris or Donnarumma

prtk0811

Exactly. It's hard to do whenever your partner lives in a different country.
Oh Really? She cant Move here? De Gea is a bigger star than her. Our Club is bigger than the player. We dont need to go weak, this is what Madrid is looking for.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
It's not the case though because De Gea is Spanish and the pull to play for the biggest team in your home country (Barca not withstanding) must have a pull.
It's like having interest from Utd when you are English (and not a Liverpool fan) it's the top club you have seen since you were a kid. You'd always want to play for the best unless you couldn't ever imagine no matter what signing for us. much like me when Liverpool were the top dogs. But the pull would still be there. De Gea is a Athletico player but the glamour of Madrid must be enticing especially when his girlfriend wants him back.

prtk0811

He deserves to be playing at the highest level with the best players and winning trophies. Wouldn't begrudge him a move.
And United will not? I just cant belive the lack of confidence in the supporters.

prtk0811

It's not the case though because De Gea is Spanish and the pull to play for the biggest team in your home country (Barca not withstanding) must have a pull.
It's like having interest from Utd when you are English (and not a Liverpool fan) it's the top club you have seen since you were a kid. You'd always want to play for the best unless you couldn't ever imagine no matter what signing for us. much like me when Liverpool were the top dogs. But the pull would still be there. De Gea is a Athletico player but the glamour of Madrid must be enticing especially when his girlfriend wants him back.
We must not care about de gea wants to go back to spain or not. If We dont Send a message we are always on the weak. Madrid must feel the pressure about loosing out on their team balance with kroos and varane gone and hurting their title ambitions like the makalele saga.

OohAahMartial

No way Romero is better than DDG. Romero is a steady experienced GK who is dependable whenever he is playing but come on, better than DDG? Such a revisionism there, pal.
Just saying that this season I seem to recall more outstanding saves of his and more glaring errors of De Gea. This may be skewed by the different types of games they've played. Last few years De Gea was always the obvious Player of the Year but I think he has not been as sharp this season.

PaulRich

Its my belief that he'll stay to see how the Mourinho reign works out.......we start seriously contending for the big two of League and Champions League then he'll stay for me.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
We must not care about de gea wants to go back to spain or not. If We dont Send a message we are always on the weak. Madrid must feel the pressure about loosing out on their team balance with kroos and varane gone and hurting their title ambitions like the makalele saga.
Then you have a player that doesn't want to play for you.
There's a reason why the best managers let them go. Get a good transfer fee and wish them well

prtk0811

Then you have a player that doesn't want to play for you.
There's a reason why the best managers let them go. Get a good transfer fee and wish them well.
No Chance. If he wants madrid then why did he come here to develop? he should have stayed in atletico in madrid city.If we dont send a statement to the spanish mentality or madrid dreamers we always will face this problem. Better fix it once and for all With Brexit referendum now as this club is no longer run by sir alex, we must make a strong statement, and unsettle kroos and varane or inflate the price beyond 100 m pounds as is the current market.

United is a strong club. we can get donnarumma and afford to bench de gea. We dont need the money we need titles.

Last edited:

Mike09

It's all about consistency every game. De Gea is absolutely have done better and pulled off better saves this season. Is Romero mentally ready to take our no1 spot every single games? I doubt it.

dogwithabone

I never can understand it when people think players have this yearning to return to their birthplace. Unles he is a boyhood Real fan or there is an emotional attchment then why would he want to or need to go back on an inferior contract ?

It's like when people say Rooney couldn't hack a year or two in China for £500,000 a week or Kane wouldn't uproot from London to double his money and spend five or six years of his ifespan in the north. You're not asking a player to spend the rest of his life in Manchester, China or wherever.

De Gea is so young as a man and can earn bucket loads here for next five, six, seven years, cement himself as a genuine legend and then retire to Madrid with ample time to start a family and enjoy the rest of his life.