David Moyes to Real Sociedad

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifictheme

He looks so happy over there. Really pleased for him. Great half hour. Very interesting watch.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
This is great to watch. He seems happy and there looks to be a good set-up there.

Ahh, shame he's being asked about United again.

Boycott

Yep he looks a lot better too. He's got a real struggle though. They haven't got a goal threat without Vela. Generally his games have been low scoring so that one moment is crucial from either team.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Sure many here now are crying that we don't have poor Moyeseh at the helm anymore since Van Gaal is so incompetent. Sigh.

Its as if some forgot how fecking toilet last season was.

Boycott

This is great to watch. He seems happy and there looks to be a good set-up there.

Ahh, shame he's being asked about United again.
United will follow him for the rest of his days. People only started to take notice of David Moyes the person when he got the job. Tons of articles about his past saw light that was never seen in 11 years in the Premier League.

pacifictheme

Sure many here now are crying that we don't have poor Moyeseh at the helm anymore since Van Gaal is so incompetent. Sigh.

Its as if some forgot how fecking toilet last season was.
surely not. Moyes is a very good manager but the job was too big fof him. Everyone knows that now. Doesn't mean he should get stick the rest of his career.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Pleased to see him look so well, and seemingly happy. I've never wished him anything but well personally (other than the sack obviously :D) so good for him. I thought the programme itself was pretty pointless on the whole tbh, but inoffensive enough.

The United discussion was especially pointless given there was no questioning of Moyes' statement, plus no challenge to his "I had a 6-year contract..." position, but that's to be expected in such a fluff piece. He'll probably not be allowed to forget his time with us, but by allowing him to establish his version of the story without question then the media at least allow him some comfort in the situation.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Well played Moyes. A 4-3 win over top 4 chasing Sevilla, with the winning goal coming in the 90th minute.

NessunDorma

Now eight points clear of relegation. Which is not bad, given where they were when he took over.

Maybe a few too many draws, and they've dropped a lot of points from winning positions, but he's at least consolidated them in mid-table.

He then has to show he can build on that.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
A mid to upper table club with less pressure and expectations is where he shines really. Hes not an awful manager at all, just the United job is a bit of a nightmare one.

Empire

If he performs well over the next two or three seasons I would like to see him at a club competing for top four in a league where they can realistically get it, he's only 51 so he has a while to go and could still do well if he learns from his mistakes.

PvsNP

If he performs well over the next two or three seasons I would like to see him at a club competing for top four in a league where they can realistically get it, he's only 51 so he has a while to go and could still do well if he learns from his mistakes.
Could very well happen at Real Sociedad. They were in CL last season after all.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If there's one thing Van Gaal is doing very well, it's making Moyes' time here look increasingly respectable.

Raw

He's doing exactly what he did at Everton, bringing a relegation threatened team up to midtable and a possible Europa league spot too.

Kag

If there's one thing Van Gaal is doing very well, it's making Moyes' time here look increasingly respectable.
Really? Our form right now isn't verging on relegation form with the whole squad vehemently against the manager and his staff. That's what it was like this time last year, and that shouldn't be forgotten.

MDFC Manager

Really? Our form right now isn't verging on relegation form with the whole squad vehemently against the manager and his staff. That's what it was like this time last year, and that shouldn't be forgotten.
Also, can someone tell me why Moyesy is being lauded for his efforts at Sociedad just yet? I'm looking at last years table and they finished 7th, with a comfortable 10 point lead.

saivet

Also, can someone tell me why Moyesy is being lauded for his efforts at Sociedad just yet? I'm looking at last years table and they finished 7th, with a comfortable 10 point lead.
When he took over, they were in the relegation zone, or at least near it. As far as I know, for whatever reason, they started their season off poorly which lead to their manager getting the chop. So bad that, they were potentially relegation candidates and not standing much chance of being in Europe.

ZDwyr

Well they were near the relegation zone when he took over, so he has improved from that point.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Real Sociedad have a chance for a Europa League place if Barca are winning the Copa Del Rey

11 points to Malaga seems a lot....but i fully expect Malaga will lose now 3-4 times in a row after their win at Camp Nou

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Relegation form?

Van Gaal has spent twice the money and is playing a football that's been worse than last season which is commendable given how bad we were last season. And if we don't improve soon we're likely to finish 7th again.

Kag

Relegation form?

Van Gaal has spent twice the money and is playing a football that's been worse than last season which is commendable given how bad we were last season. And if we don't improve soon we're likely to finish 7th again.
Between January 1st and March 16th (ten games) we collected 14 points out of 30. In that period was a horrible FA Cup exit against Swamsea, a semi final defeat to Sunderland in the League Cup and a defeat to Olympiakos, one of the worst matches in recent memory. Our form was beyond woeful, the football was utterly appalling and we were in chaos.

We're not likely to finish seventh, the football, while not great, is nowhere near as one-dimensional or totally clueless and the dismal run under Moyes last season came at a time when we had just smashed our transfer record on Juan Mata. Yesterday was a gut-wrencher but you're exaggerating by suggesting we're anything like last season. We're a happy camp for starters.

NessunDorma

Between January 1st and March 16th (ten games) we collected 14 points out of 30.
That's bad, but then since January 1st under LvG, we've only collected 11 points from 7 games. This is from a run that went Stoke (A), Southampton (H), QPR (A), Leicester (H), West Ham (A), Burnley (H) and Swansea (A). 11 out of 21 points against average to shite teams, barring Southampton, is hardly great either.

On the other hand, during Moyes 10 game run we played Arsenal away, Chelsea away, Tottenham at home, and Liverpool away - which is objectively much harder.

And our next 3 games under LvG are Sunderland home, Newcastle away and Tottenham home. So our points return for the first 10 games of 2015 may not end up being much better than our points return in the first ten games of 2014, despite an easier set of fixtures.

Kag

That's bad, but then since January 1st under LvG, we've only collected 11 points from 7 games. This is from a run that went Stoke (A), Southampton (H), QPR (A), Leicester (H), West Ham (A), Burnley (H) and Swansea (A). 11 out of 21 points against average to shite teams, barring Southampton, is hardly great either.

On the other hand, during Moyes 10 game run we played Arsenal away, Chelsea away, Tottenham at home, and Liverpool away - which is objectively much harder.

And our next 3 games under LvG are Sunderland home, Newcastle away and Tottenham home. So our points return for the first 10 games of 2015 may not end up being much better than our points return in the first ten games of 2014, despite an easier set of fixtures.
I hear you. Our points return this year hasn't been very good at all, hence the anger directed towards Van Gaal is intensifying. If it carries on then we'll reach a juncture in the way we did with Moyes. The players will fall like a pack of cards and the vocal minority will turn into a majority amongst the support. But we're not there yet.

Smores

I hear you. Our points return this year hasn't been very good at all, hence the anger directed towards Van Gaal is intensifying. If it carries on then we'll reach a juncture in the way we did with Moyes. The players will fall like a pack of cards and the vocal minority will turn into a majority amongst the support. But we're not there yet.
At the end of the day we don't know what the players are thinking but it does look like a number aren't enjoying their football. We're never going to get the same reaction as last season as Ferdinand was lashing out blaming others for his fall from grace and for a start we've already had the fall so the only way is up.

I have to say i disagree with your comment on quality of football, our games were more entertaining but we made more mistakes at the back. Welbeck, Kagawa, Mata, Januzaj all provided some entertaining football last season at times.

Di Maria and Herrera have had some moments but not enough. We're now just slightly less shit, a lot more cautious and dull as dish water.

Status
Not open for further replies.