David Moyes to Real Sociedad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Would like to see more British players and managers try it out abroad.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
How does Moyes' Real Sociedad play? Is it similar to his underdog solid Everton days? I've been checking their results every now and again, but I haven't watched much Spanish football this season so I don't know how they are actually playing.

saivet

Yeah, that's what I've taken from them. Though they seem to dominate weaker teams at home, as expected, in terms of possession. They seem to have shite strikers though so from what I've seen they're pretty wasteful going forward.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
"Going back to your old team and losing. My memories of the game are we made two really poor mistakes for the goals and Everton did what they had to do but, although other people will disagree, I thought we played quite well. But that bit doesn't really matter at Manchester United.

"The job was to win and you have to win games. We had to win games and whether I thought I had played well and we lost, in truth, it didn't really matter.

That's the thing about him. We were absolutely dreadful that day and could have easily lost by more than 2. We managed two shots on target the whole game and were absolutely useless yet he thinks we played well. That's why he'll never be a top manager, his mentality and reluctance to admit errors will always prevent him from making the next step.

Clas Sified

Thing is, he's never going to get a another top top job. The only way for him to manage at the highest level again is to take Sociedad into the Champions League again. I think he can do it, they were in it a few seasons back, were they not?

Sarni

Thing is, he's never going to get a another top top job. The only way for him to manage at the highest level again is to take Sociedad into the Champions League again. I think he can do it, they were in it a few seasons back, were they not?
They were, I don't think he'll ever be able to take them to 4th though. Barcelona and Real Madrid are out of question, then you have Sevilla, Atletico and Valencia who are all significantly better than Socieded and are most stable financially, then around them are clubs like Athletic, Villarreal and probably Malaga who have as good if not better chance to finish in the top half. I think he might get them to Europa League with good management but not further than that.

Mindhunter

He may not get a job at an established Top 4 club in the PL but there is no reason why he can't get a job like Tottenham or maybe Everton if things don't improve for them. With that kind of a team and budget, he can definitely punch above his weight.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm sorry but how the feck can he say we played well against Everton on his final game? That's total bullshit.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, concede, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, concede, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, lose.
I thought we played quite well.

Sarni

He may not get a job at an established Top 4 club in the PL but there is no reason why he can't get a job like Tottenham or maybe Everton if things don't improve for them. With that kind of a team and budget, he can definitely punch above his weight.
He was good at Everton for 10 years. In the meantime Spurs had about 20 different managers and they didn't go for Moyes even once. Fair to say after United fiasco they will be even more reluctant.

He should do himself a favour and start saying that we played poorly all the time. Then at least he would sound like a manager who recognizes quality football when he sees it. I mean for Christ's sake, every United fan and ABU-fan in the entire world agree that we played shit throughout the year. Who the hell is he trying too fool/convince?

Sarni

Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, concede, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, concede, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, lose.
We were absolutely rubbish. Reminds me of a Stoke game too where I couldn't bear watching us and he came with the 'we got to the byline' stuff.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The only interesting thing from that article was that Mata's dad told Moyes that Mata is really happy at United and likes Manchester (although we all already knew this anyway).

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
It was so bad I missed games when I had nothing to do. And didn't download it later either.

This is coming from someone who watched every single competitive match from 2007-2014.

Mindhunter

He was good at Everton for 10 years. In the meantime Spurs had about 20 different managers and they didn't go for Moyes even once. Fair to say after United fiasco they will be even more reluctant.
Yep, agree with that. My point was more around the idea that many clubs who are in and around the CL spots might take a punt with him.

Mindhunter

It was so bad I missed games when I had nothing to do. And didn't download it later either.

This is coming from someone who watched every single competitive match from 2007-2014.
Those were the days. I literally stopped loving weekends just because of the dross that was served. Our game looked like 11 robots playing on a field without the slightest ability to do something out of the ordinary. And it kept getting worse each day. And our manager looked starstruck at the post match press conference blabbering the same shit over and over again.

After getting sacked, Moyes' first reaction was that of disbelief and the fact that he thought he had just started something special at the club and was criminally removed when things were going to get better. That in itself proved how correct the decision was.

Really appreciate the Glazers and Woodward for setting high standards and for not making footballing decisions based on romantic sentiments like "United don't do it this way".

Americano

Make America Great Again!

You missed out on some good times hatewatching the games. My anger started to rise at the announcement of the lineup, and continued through his postmatch interview.

Sam

:lol:

He talks about United like a scorned ex. Just let it go Dave.

Sarni

He's done a decent job so far at Sociedad. It's a bit difficult to determine how good though because they should have never been around relegation zone in the first place and their recent results are about in line with what you'd expect from a weakened Sociedad team. Listening to their director and the way they talk about Moyes he will probably remain there for the next few years because they seem perfectly happy with mid-table and he is capable of delivering mid-table.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
brilliant! :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
You missed out on some good times hatewatching the games. My anger started to rise at the announcement of the lineup, and continued through his postmatch interview.
I'm laughing now but I remember that feeling well :lol:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yep, agree with that. My point was more around the idea that many clubs who are in and around the CL spots might take a punt with him.
Those were the days. I literally stopped loving weekends just because of the dross that was served. Our game looked like 11 robots playing on a field without the slightest ability to do something out of the ordinary. And it kept getting worse each day. And our manager looked starstruck at the post match press conference blabbering the same shit over and over again.

After getting sacked, Moyes' first reaction was that of disbelief and the fact that he thought he had just started something special at the club and was criminally removed when things were going to get better. That in itself proved how correct the decision was.

Really appreciate the Glazers and Woodward for setting high standards and for not making footballing decisions based on romantic sentiments like "United don't do it this way".
I wanted to *want* to watch. Didn't say anything last season, didn't need the accusations of being fair weather. It wasn't that, it was f*cking painful to watch, like Ghandi being strip searched.

It took a long time, it was 3/5ths into the season before I couldn't take it anymore, I only missed a few games. I went though lots of "surely it will get better" and "gee I'm pretty sure this is exactly what we've done all season" moments.

I watched his last one I remember, because I was done with him at that point. I hadn't said one bad thing the entire time, I kept my mouth shut. Thankfully they fired him before I could rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.