David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Can someone remind me of how bad David moyes season with us actually was?
Not so long ago the results for you were just as bad under Ole but Moyes was definitely worse than Van Gaal and Mourinho but I think also the standards were higher back then, specially after just winning the league the season before. So I think that's why it felt that way for some fans.

Bojan11

No idea how anyone thought he was good enough to manage us. We would still be sat here waiting for us to beat Liverpool.

stevoc

Not so long ago the results for you were just as bad under Ole but Moyes was definitely worse than Van Gaal and Mourinho but I think also the standards were higher back then, specially after just winning the league the season before. So I think that's why it felt that way for some fans.
Yeah standards and expectations were lowered since SAF's retirement. Due in no small part to the complete failure that was Moyes tenure at the club.

stevoc

No idea how anyone thought he was good enough to manage us. We would still be sat here waiting for us to beat Liverpool.
To be fair Sir Alex picked him and told the fans to back him. So anyone who thought he would do well or could turn it around up until Xmas has a very good excuse. For anyone who was still supporting him past that period after all logic was pointing towards his continual failure and his public outbursts throwing anyone and everyone under the bus to protect his own pride. Really has no excuses.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We weren't great but West Ham did a superb jof of nulifying us tonight. Were the better team in the first half and we didn't heed that warning.

This is easily the closest Moyes has got in setup to what he had at Everton.

Solid keeper, good strength at the back and everyone knows their job, Antonio will run all night long and chips in with goals and while he's different physically Soucek reminds me of Tim Cahill in how he can run late into the box to score.

They haven't got enough to challenge the very best teams but they've been regularly taking off points from 5th and below for most of this season so up there on merit.

Man. United-West Ham will be a really good cup tie.

always_hoping

West Ham now have more points after 22 games than Man United had in season 2013/14.

Goes to show Moyes is punching above his weight right now while punched well below it with a champion Man United team 7 years ago.

TrustInOle

Seems he is getting back to his best? Regardless of how bad he did and the avoidance of any blame from him, I still have a soft spot for him as his job was a poison chalice to anyone taking over, especially when taking the step for Everton To Manchester United. He was just simply, the wrong man and should have been given to someone with much more experience at that level that would still respect our traditions.
Who that could have been, i have no idea, but I am glad to see Moyes fighting in the top half of the table again, he was one of the best up and coming British managers during his Everton years in my eyes.

stevoc

Seems he is getting back to his best? Regardless of how bad he did and the avoidance of any blame from him, I still have a soft spot for him as his job was a poison chalice to anyone taking over, especially when taking the step for Everton To Manchester United. He was just simply, the wrong man and should have been given to someone with much more experience at that level that would still respect our traditions.
Who that could have been, i have no idea, but I am glad to see Moyes fighting in the top half of the table again, he was one of the best up and coming British managers during his Everton years in my eyes.

Thats not saying much though is it?

He was up and coming for 12 years at Everton and stagnated there, had 3 disastrous jobs in a row and now it's taken him the best part of a decade to potentially finish where he was finishing 10 years ago.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Agreed

I personally don't begrudge him any future success (as long as it's not at our expense).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is doing fantastic job at West ham, should get more credit just not for this job but how he picked up after a failed stint at the same club.

This West Ham is more like his Everton team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What a night for him. Got to watch Jagielka from the touchline again.

And a small matter of climbing to 4th.

Red & White

He’s doing a great job there this season, nobody can deny that. In a CL spot and only 4 points behind us, after the money we’ve spent on this squad. I know we’re only 2/3 through the season but that’s pretty impressive.

Reactions: Cheimoon

432JuanMata

Doing a great job to be fair. He is a good manager for the likes of West Ham and seems like he is back at the level when he was at Everton. Never good enough for a top 4 side but perfect for a mid table or slightly above side

He’s doing a great job there this season, nobody can deny that. In a CL spot and only 4 points behind us, after the money we’ve spent on this squad. I know we’re only 2/3 through the season but that’s pretty impressive.
Well. Tells you all you really need to know about our season doesn't it that?

One pace for low 70's again. Great stuff by Moyes and West Ham, but the fact we're level with Leicester and just 4 above West Ham really does shine a light on the reality of our season which is quickly turning into another as disappointing as the past 2.... and just a few weeks back it looked so rosey :(

el3mel

He's doing better with this West Ham squad than he did with our title winning one.

Mind boggling when you think about it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well. Tells you all you really need to know about our season doesn't it that?

One pace for low 70's again. Great stuff by Moyes and West Ham, but the fact we're level with Leicester and just 4 above West Ham really does shine a light on the reality of our season which is quickly turning into another as disappointing as the past 2.... and just a few weeks back it looked so rosey :(
Yeah, I think it’s becoming more and more clear that our brief stint at the top was much more about the usual suspects being shit than any real quality on our part.

I mean, look at them. Chelsea fired their manager. Everyone thinks Spurs should do the same. Arsenal have been a train wreck and Liverpool’s title defence is (I think?) in the top three worst of PL history.

Reminds me a bit of Van Gaal’s best season. We think he did great to get us CL football then it sinks in that we were so bad we let fecking Ranieri’s Leicester win the league!

It’s not often you get a season with so many big guns so far off the pace all at once and not taking full advantage is criminal. We probably won’t get an opportunity like this again for a very long time.

Chabon

He's doing better with this West Ham squad than he did with our title winning one.

Mind boggling when you think about it.
If he'd had that squad but they were in Everton kits he'd have won the league, or at least gone close to it. His problem was he had no idea how to manage at Old Trafford.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If he'd had that squad but they were in Everton kits he'd have won the league, or at least gone close to it. His problem was he had no idea how to manage at Old Trafford.
There's more to it than that. Let's not forget he got Woodward in his greenest days. He's still bad now so you can imagine what he was like then and I have heard stories.

Not only that but he inherited a title winning squad that sort of gave Fergie their last hurrah. To step in after him was a huge task and he didn't even get to bring in players that only knew playing for us after Fergie. Fergies squad were probably reeling from losing their gaffer too, I'm not sure how receptive they would have been to somebody like Moyes at that time. I think there was a lot of reasons he failed so bad, not all his own doing.

But he never deserved the abuse he got in here and was obviously never as bad as people tried to make out. He did a good job at Everton and that can't be sniffed at.

hmchan

There's more to it than that. Let's not forget he got Woodward in his greenest days. He's still bad now so you can imagine what he was like then and I have heard stories.

Not only that but he inherited a title winning squad that sort of gave Fergie their last hurrah. To step in after him was a huge task and he didn't even get to bring in players that only knew playing for us after Fergie. Fergies squad were probably reeling from losing their gaffer too, I'm not sure how receptive they would have been to somebody like Moyes at that time. I think there was a lot of reasons he failed so bad, not all his own doing.

But he never deserved the abuse he got in here and was obviously never as bad as people tried to make out. He did a good job at Everton and that can't be sniffed at.
This. The abuse Moyes' been getting is unbelievable. After all these years, people still hold a grudge against him and refuse to give him a fair assessment. Fans are too affixed to the so-called title winning squad, neglecting the fact that most of them have already been well past their prime, just look at Ferdinand and Vidic after they leave the club......

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Up to 4th now. City away next Saturday will be tough but he'll hope his team will make it hard for the title favourites.

el3mel

He's having a phenomenal season. I can't believe this but it's true. He has got his career back on running out of nowhere.

Foxbatt

And with Jesse Lingard. Can you imagine Fellaini and Soucek together?

Barthez

The way Moyes is going it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility for him to be back at Man Utd as manager in the future. At least he wouldn’t have to succeed Sir Alex this time.