David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nice. I wonder if he's still grinding that United axe.

"aye, delighted to be back at West Ham, especially as I didn't get to see out my contract at Manchester United"

"I'm confident about our chances of survival, just as I was confident about signing Gareth Bale in 2013"

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
We laugh but if he saves them from relegation he'll have done his job.

Paul_Scholes18

Imagine if he takes them above us? Probably not this season, but could happen next season if we stick with Ole and spend our money poorly like we usually do.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
David Gold, Chairman:

'This is the most horrifying appointment since the one I had with Harold Shipman.'

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Are those moth balls coming off him?
When the dust settles. He is the strong silent type. The type of captain that will not only go down with the ship, but also inspire the ship to go down with him.

redshaw

So I guess the plan is he keeps them up and then they get another latin name manager?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Think Moyes suits them well. He will keep them up and in the middle of the table. With the squad they got they can't really expect much more.

Of course it is not an agressive appointment though since Moyes will never take them far.
Anderson, Fornals, Lanzini, Yarmolenko, they have the talent on paper to challenge the top 6. They’re badly coached and run, this only adds to that.

The Firestarter

Everton decision process: On one side we have a league winner in every European league plus the champions league, and on the other ... Davis Moyes.

Yeah, this is big brain time.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Some reaction from KUMB

S-H said:
Currently with my family who are all Spurs..

Kill me now..
Cellar-door said:
Moyes is the perfect owner for this board honestly.

1. Unemployed
2. Cheap
3. Desperate enough for work that he won't complain
4. Just good enough to keep you up
5. Won't complain if not allowed to spend
6. No ambition

Truly the perfect fit, he's BFS, but without the contentious personality.

The only hope is that at if he isn't sacked this time next year, the club is sold (unlikely) and the new owners put success above personal finances and ego stroking
brothernero said:
Ring Ring, Ring Ring

DM "Hi

DS "Hi Dave it's your old mucker here David Sullivan, how are things"

DM "Er, Okay I guess"

DS "Good good, Anyway fancy your old job back, I know after the first stint we said thanks but we now need better in order to move on, but we need your help again as that went a bit like one of my old mag, completely Tits Up"

DM "You must think I have no self respect or dignity to come back and work for you, plus the fans never took to me"

DS "Correct I don't, but you are not going to get another job any time soon are you, even your old team Everton never gave you a seconds thought, Oh and we don't have fans anymore we have customers so it does not matter what they think"

DM "Good points, where do I sign"
-DL- said:
You never know, with players such as Rice, Anderson, Diop, Yamalenko, Haller, Lanzini all looking a bit bewildered and out of form with where the previous manager was playing them and what he was asking to do, if they can hit a bit of form, we might actually be alright. Add a returning Reid, a couple of new signings in Jan, and we'll be looking up the table, not down

Moyes is not who we should be directing our anger at - save that for the board. Get behind him and the team, and honestly, we'll be fine. To want him to fail is to want to WHU to fail. If WHU fail, say goodbye to the prospect that is Rice, and the other decent players we have, that have gone to pot under the previous bloke.

Paul_Scholes18

Anderson, Fornals, Lanzini, Yarmolenko, they have the talent on paper to challenge the top 6. They’re badly coached and run, this only adds to that.
Have not really been impressed by most of them. Although a better manager might get much more out of them and maybe Moyes too.
Arnautovic was the guy that impressed me when they had him. Also Antonio can be great on his day.

Top 6 is a bit far based on the talent since I do think they lack a top player up front and the midfield is not the greatest. Rice has been hyped, but he is not a top player yet in my book.
Although Sheffield and Leicester are doing great under a great manager so it is certainly possible to punch above your weight.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s a conservative appointment but you can’t really blame them with premier league status at stake. He’ll likely guide them to about 12th without too much trouble.

DRM

I'd give it dos, tres, quatros months before he's sacked

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
I'm surprised he went back considering they sent him packing after he kept them up last time. He must be financially secure following his time at United. Curious one.

stevoc

I'm surprised he went back considering they sent him packing after he kept them up last time. He must be financially secure following his time at United. Curious one.
Its not like other clubs were inundating him with offers.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Incredible that they went for him. Even those saying he can keep them up, I mean, so many managers could do that. It's such a big feck you to the supporters talking about getting a new manager to get them to the next level and hiring Moyes.

If they're that desperate, Allardyce would be a better appointment.

RUCK4444

I’m surprised they went back to him :lol:

They are a good fit in fairness both are outdated dinosaurs of the game and have an overinflated opinion of themselves.

marktan

Poor cnuts, must be like groundhog day for them.

To people saying he'll keep them up, they said that about Sunderland and he relegated them and built a squad that relegated them again the next year.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Imagine Moyes keeps coming back to manage your club. It's like being stuck in the worst kind of time loop.

Traub

Imagine Moyes keeps coming back to manage your club. It's like being stuck in the worst kind of time loop.
It’s one of those things where you think things can’t get any worse only for Moyes to pop up again. It can always get worse

fergiesarmy1

Poor cnuts, must be like groundhog day for them.

To people saying he'll keep them up, they said that about Sunderland and he relegated them and built a squad that relegated them again the next year.
If he fails he will lay the blame elsewhere, everyone will forget and 2 years later Newcastle or a similar club will be in asking him to save them.

Chairman Steve

Alan Brazil is going to be crowing on his breakfast show tomorrow morning, now that his mate ‘Davey’ is back in football with a big job.