David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

RomfordRed75

Betfair have suspended betting on both Moyes being the next manager to leave and Benitez being their next manager

redshaw

Had they sold Rice and found themselves in relegation many would be saying it was Rice all along elevating them into top 4 top 6.

Castia

Betfair have suspended betting on both Moyes being the next manager to leave and Benitez being their next manager
Decisions like that are just crazy in my opinion. Benitez has been passed it for years why does he still get rehired.

He‘s coming off the Chinese super league and an awful spell at Everton.

West Ham are a big club they can do much better.

wolvored

Decisions like that are just crazy in my opinion. Benitez has been passed it for years why does he still get rehired.

He‘s coming off the Chinese super league and an awful spell at Everton and West Ham is a big club they can do much better.
Same as Moyes Allerdice Bruce pardew etc. The boards know that over 95% of the teams aint gonna win anything, so they go for a cheap option. Someonecwho will hopefully keep them in the division and occasionally over perform in the league or cup run.

Castia

Same as Moyes Allerdice Bruce pardew etc. The boards know that over 95% of the teams aint gonna win anything, so they go for a cheap option. Someonecwho will hopefully keep them in the division and occasionally over perform in the league or cup run.
Yeah I agree but that’s so daft in this day and age for West Ham. You see clubs like Villa with Emery and Wolves with Lopetegui the league is full of classy managers.

If they hire Benitez they’ll go down.

wolvored

Yeah I agree but that’s so daft in this day and age for West Ham. You see clubs like Villa with Emery and Wolves with Lopetegui the league is full of classy managers.

If they hire Benitez they’ll go down.
Yes theres no logic other than saving money, as far as I can see. False economy really.

Kag

It’s a really good interview, actually. Bartlett gets a lot out of him and it’s the most candid and least defensive version of Moyes I can recall.

Sadly, when you listen to him talk about his time here it really just underlines how utterly ludicrous it was that he got the job in the first place. Whether it was deliberating whether or not to buy trousers from M&S when meeting Ferguson (I know it’s a bit of a joke), or struggling to listen to the radio while in the car on the way to Carrington incase his name was mentioned, it’s just overwhelmingly clear that he never, ever understood the scale of the job that he was taking on. Way too big for him, and he still doesn’t seem to understand that finishing seventh was a cast-iron reason for his dismissal. Wittering on about values and the fact that Ferguson was given additional time back in the 80s only underlines his delusion.

May well get the chop at West Ham. In his defence, he’s done a job there on the whole. The ceiling has been reached, however.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Apparently said no to signing Alvarez because Antonio was playing so well. :lol:

stevoc

It’s a really good interview, actually. Bartlett gets a lot out of him and it’s the most candid and least defensive version of Moyes I can recall.

Sadly, when you listen to him talk about his time here it really just underlines how utterly ludicrous it was that he got the job in the first place. Whether it was deliberating whether or not to buy trousers from M&S when meeting Ferguson (I know it’s a bit of a joke), or struggling to listen to the radio while in the car on the way to Carrington incase his name was mentioned, it’s just overwhelmingly clear that he never, ever understood the scale of the job that he was taking on. Way too big for him, and he still doesn’t seem to understand that finishing seventh was a cast-iron reason for his dismissal. Wittering on about values and the fact that Ferguson was given additional time back in the 80s only underlines his delusion.

May well get the chop at West Ham. In his defence, he’s done a job there on the whole. The ceiling has been reached, however.
It was apparently in the contract he signed but Dave seemed to think the length of that contract was the only thing that mattered and everything else was just thrown in for a laugh.

I still can't wrap my head around the nonsense he spouted about how he'd do everything exactly the same as the first time if he could go back in time and relive his 11 months in charge of United, it was a baffling statement. Then he followed that up with the equally baffling idea that the only way he'd do anything different was if he knew he was getting sacked within the first year. You're going back in time Dave so of course you'd know. :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It was apparently in the contract he signed but Dave seemed to think the length of that contract was the only thing that mattered and everything else was just thrown in for a laugh.

I still can't wrap my head around the nonsense he spouted about how he'd do everything exactly the same as the first time if he could go back in time and relive his 11 months in charge of United, it was a baffling statement. Then he followed that up with the equally baffling idea that the only way he'd do anything different was if he knew he was getting sacked within the first year. You're going back in time Dave so of course you'd know. :lol:
It’s a theme with Moyesy. People will say that Sunderland were doomed, but his flippant attitude, that he would just move on that it didn’t work out and lumping responsibility on the players, was awful.

He is still a terrible decision in the history of two great clubs in this country and if he takes West Ham down, it will be a third.

Danny Ings brings him close to a £200 million transfer spend just this season! But it’s never his fault. Compare that to Ten Hag who ran the 13k with his team after the Brentford game.

Last edited:

stevoc

It’s a theme with Moyesy. People will say that Sunderland were doomed, but his flippant attitude, that he would just move on that it didn’t work out and lumping responsibility on the players, was awful.

He is still a terrible decision in the history of two great clubs in this country and if he takes West Ham down, it will be a third.
Personally I'm hoping he can dodge the sack long enough to get them relegated.

Maluco

Personally I'm hoping he can dodge the sack long enough to get them relegated.
It’s going to be hard with Lamps, Brendan, Southampton, Bournemouth and an awful Wolves down there, but if anyone can sweet talk the media on his way to failure, it’s Mr Moyes!

stevoc

It’s going to be hard with Lamps, Brendan, Southampton, Bournemouth and an awful Wolves down there, but if anyone can sweet talk the media on his way to failure, it’s Mr Moyes!
Yeah he's got some real competition down there but I have faith in Dave. :lol:

Jacko21

Which would also mean West Ham have someone else in charge for their FA Cup game against us at Old Trafford next week.

BorisManUtd

Which would also mean West Ham have someone else in charge for their FA Cup game against us at Old Trafford next week.
Don't expect them to actually lose though with how poor Forest have been away from home - worst team in the league in that sense with only 6 points (1 win) and 3 goals scored. If West Ham players down tools then possible.

Another team having manager bounce against us would be too much at this point :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I find this a ridiculous way of making decisions. If you are saying you will sack a coach if he loses the next game, it means you have lost confidence. Why wait?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We’re going to need both West Ham and Everton to stay up so that they can share our dross out between themselves.

IRN-BRUno

They need to sack him soon. Gives the new manager time to save them, then after a poor start next year he can be replaced by Moyes again.

T_Model101

It went under the radar a bit, but the win against Forrest took him to 250 PL wins, 3rd most in the PL
He needs 5 more full seasons in the PL to overtake Wenger for most matches

stevoc

It went under the radar a bit, but the win against Forrest took him to 250 PL wins, 3rd most in the PL
He needs 5 more full seasons in the PL to overtake Wenger for most matches
That's what he does, he wins.

Maluco

If he takes West Ham down, the debate around him being a “good Premier League manager” should be over.

Idxomer

In a relegation battle with two days rest after an away game in the cup and he was more interested in getting one over United.

Flexdegea

Moyes is a below average manager for me.

Insane the press he gets from the media for being mostly bang average to terrible at times.

Talks a good game. Was talking start of year at some talk with business bigwig talking about the changes he been making behind the scenes, culture change, talking about topics outside his scope at the club, was bizarre to say the least.

Lights Out

Dead man walking. Awful, awful manager.

Can’t believe some people were still saying last year that we were wrong to sack him.

Ludens the Red

In a relegation battle with two days rest after an away game in the cup and he was more interested in getting one over United.
This. I thought that was one of the most bizarre managerial decisions of the season. Considering they’re also still in the conference league which they’ve got a far better chance of winning. What he was doing sticking out his strongest side midweek is beyond daft with a game like Brighton away coming. They looked out on their feet by about 70 minutes on Wednesday so no surprise to see them spanked today.

Zoo

This is why Rafa Benitez has been on TV so much recently. Waiting to pounce

Lee565

Typical moyes and West ham, tried their hardest to raise their game against us in the fa cup and then completely collapse in their next fixture

Ibi Dreams

I wonder how long he would have been at Everton if we hadn't given him the job. There for 11 years and was more or less seen to be doing a good job.

Also wonder when he'll end up back there. Probably within the next three years

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I feel they’ll go down and he will talk about not having enough time to turn it around

RedDevilQuebecois

Hope he goes down and then it will be the end of his miserable career in the Premier League. Never had any sympathy for him ever since he managed to destroy a team of defending champions like he did.

Oh, look. I see David Moyes right here. I know it's a drifting burning pile of trash, but what's the difference?