David Silva statue will be built at Etihad stadium

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Will it be a huge statue? Massive? Gargantuan?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Absolutely desperate for legends to the point they don't know what to do when they actually have one.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Feels a bit early to be building statues of anybody. If anybody deserves one at some point in the future it probably should be Aguero.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
10 years, 309 games, 60 goals, 4 league titles, 8 cups and 3 shields.

I’m not going to judge them for this one, he’s been an absolutely wonderful player and in City’s history his legacy will be as high as any.

Tiber

It makes sense considering their history started in 2008.

Was he that much better than Augero and Kompany?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good choice, think of the bronze they'd need just to cast Kompany's bonce. Silva is much more compact.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn't the stadium owned by the City of Manchester?

cyberman

I’m not going to judge them for this one, he’s been an absolutely wonderful player and in City’s history his legacy will be as high as any.
Yeah but its a bit early isnt it? They have a training pitch named after Joe Hart ffs

TrustInOle

Can't believe David Silva is getting a statue and their biggest legend doesn't get a sniff. Feel sorry for Sterling. :(

£££

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Somewhere, Yaya and Kompany are pissed right now!

Aguero and De Bruyne are wondering what they're gonna get for their services, too.

mu4c_20le

Sergio Aguero, 9 years, 370 games 254 goals, same num,ber of trophies. I can copy wiki stats too, doesn't make it any less cringeworthy

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This might get more laughs but instead of having a statue of Silva I think they should have one of Kompany, Silva and Aguero as a trio. They have defined this 'era' for City and have been the players that have been the core for it.

thegaz2002

Hopefully they put it in 1 of the seats inside saving another empty seat :lol::lol::lol:

Mike Smalling

Wow, that's soon. They must be desperate to have add a little history to their club.

Also, if Silva gets one, Aguero and Kompany should get one as well. I would say their contributions to City's title wins have been about equal.

Dante

Average bang
Skinhead Silva or mullet Silva? Maybe you could have detachable hairstyles like with Lego.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It isn't early at all. Man city were founded the year the arabs took over and thats what they're trying to make out. They dont really have a history and thats why theyre creating one now so that in 100 years the fans can look back and be proud.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think if they made a statue of Kompany, Aguero and Silva in maybe 10-15 years or so I'm not sure many people would bat an eyelid at it as all three are legends of the club - but to do it now seems a bit naff.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is this one really that controversial/banterish?

He'd be a a legend at any club for doing what he's done in his ten years at City.

mu4c_20le

Wow, that's soon. They must be desperate to have add a little history to their club.

Also, if Silva gets one, Aguero and Kompany should get one as well. I would say their contributions to City's title wins have been about equal.
They couldn't let themselves be outdone by the mighty Birmingham City

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Kompany is getting one too. I mean, they're hardly going to erect a Shaun Goater one, are they?

EDIT: I am one hundred percent certain that is the first time in human history that the words erect and Shaun Goater have shared a sentence.

FlapR

This might get more laughs but instead of having a statue of Silva I think they should have one of Kompany, Silva and Aguero as a trio. They have defined this 'era' for City and have been the players that have been the core for it.
This would've been a much better idea.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Could they not have waited until he retired?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah can't mock them on this one I'm afraid. Wonderful player.