David Silva

Deery

Dreary
I'm trying to say Silva is equally as good as all of them if not better .
That’s alright that’s what you think, but for me the player’s on the list were better.

Silva was constantly a good player over the course of his career can’t argue that but the rest had a bigger impacts on their clubs..

padr81

Supports
Man City
Plenty of players came to United with wages a thought, but in the early days of City I'd put money down that there's good undisclosed, as well as disclosed financial reasons they won the race for Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Tevez and Yaya without having CL football.
Nah payments to player at least were legit, I don't think for a minute a single player we have came for love of the badge though. We payed silly wages to those guys from the start.

United58

About 8 years ago, there used to be regular debates about who's better between Silva and Mata. It may seem insane now but it was actually really hard to call back then.
Mata was brilliant in his first 2 seasons at Chelsea tbf, it would have been close then. Silva was always at least a little ahead IMO, miles ahead now

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
End of an era with Silva going. That just leaves Aguero from our 11/12 squad remaining.

Pablo18th

Mata was brilliant in his first 2 seasons at Chelsea tbf, it would have been close then. Silva was always at least a little ahead IMO, miles ahead now
Mata's second season at Chelsea is better than any season Silva had, Silva has been good for a longer period though.

Pep's Suit

Mata's second season at Chelsea is better than any season Silva had, Silva has been good for a longer period though.
L O L. Some of you guys are so biased it's not even fun anymore. Yeah, if only goals and assists matteredthen Pavel Nedved would never ever win the Balon d'Or.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Probably the most underrated player in the past ten years or so in Premierleague. Also the best midfielder of that time too.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
One of the best to ever grace English football. Consistently brilliant and he did it with style. Unlucky to be from a generation that had Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso so he was always ok overshadowed a bit. One of my favorite players since his Valencia days. A shame he played his football at City and not a proper giant

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
After the deluge of truly great PL midfielders in the late 90s/OOs (Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, Vieira, Keane), he's the only one in the last 10 years to come close to their level and consistency.

League gets worse for him not being here. Well played.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Even though he played for City, he's been one of my favourite players to watch for years...and that's a testament to his attitude, humility AND performance.

The only thing that truly pisses me off is in 2009 when there was a lot of noise about us going in for him, and even more noise when Valencia were in town for a pre-season friendly...but nothing happened :(

Eddy_JukeZ

Even though he played for City, he's been one of my favourite players to watch for years...and that's a testament to his attitude, humility AND performance.

The only thing that truly pisses me off is in 2009 when there was a lot of noise about us going in for him, and even more noise when Valencia were in town for a pre-season friendly...but nothing happened :(
We bid for him in 2008, but Valencia turned it down.

We surprisingly never went back for him.

padr81

Supports
Man City
One of the best to ever grace English football. Consistently brilliant and he did it with style. Unlucky to be from a generation that had Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso so he was always ok overshadowed a bit. One of my favorite players since his Valencia days. A shame he played his football at City and not a proper giant
That Spain midfield was insane. in 2010 they brought the 4 you mentioned + peak Busquets, Fabregas and Mata to the world cup.

Pep's Suit

Sounds like Silva's close to Lazio now. Looking at Dzeko, Kolarov or Young, older PL players do very well in Italy so will be interesting to see what numbers he can produce there.

izec

Sounds like Silva's close to Lazio now. Looking at Dzeko, Kolarov or Young, older PL players do very well in Italy so will be interesting to see what numbers he can produce there.
I think he will dominate and be a great midfielder, seeing how he played recently. Lazio have done well getting him IMO, he will pair up well with Luis Alberto. If they do more clever transfers like that, hopefully they can challenge again next season.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
When Valencia had him and Villa I used to watch Valencia just for them.

The same with Sevilla having Kanoute, Luis Fabiano, Dani Alves at one point.

Always a quality player

pascell

They're doing well of late, they've got CL football for next season which is a big plus for them. Silva will take to it very easily, probably be one of the stand out players also, he's that classy.

DanClancy

Top player and seems like a brilliant professional, would never have considered him world class.

RooneyLegend

They're doing well of late, they've got CL football for next season which is a big plus for them. Silva will take to it very easily, probably be one of the stand out players also, he's that classy.
This, it suits him much more than the PL at this stage of his career.

fps

Teflon player, I can’t remember players ever seeming to be able to get near him. So fluent and mobile, saw the game in another way, a brilliant player who was able to adapt his style to be more penetrating as the PL demanded.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I’d hold fire on the Lazio rumours. Nothing concrete yet. Personally not convinced by the talk. Apparently they’ve offered him a 3 year deal? Silva’s 34 and the indication is he seemed to want to wind down his career e.g. move to a less demanding league. If it is true though he’d be a fantastic signing for them, and I’d love to see him in Italy for a year or two.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought it was done deal for him to go to China or somewhere like that?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I thought it was done deal for him to go to China or somewhere like that?
He's never been linked with a move to China as far as I know. Nothing concrete in any direction yet, but he's been most strongly linked with Inter Miami and teams in Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey. Lazio is the most recent but I don't see it happening, even though I'd prefer he went there. Although I still retain a faint hope that he'll stay one more year, he's still a very good asset for City.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When Valencia had him and Villa I used to watch Valencia just for them.

The same with Sevilla having Kanoute, Luis Fabiano, Dani Alves at one point.

Always a quality player
That Sevilla team was brilliant

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
That’s alright that’s what you think, but for me the player’s on the list were better.

Silva was constantly a good player over the course of his career can’t argue that but the rest had a bigger impacts on their clubs..
Sorry, but that is actually possibly the strongest argument in Silva's favour. We went from trophyless for 35 years to winning the FA Cup in his first season, and he then went on to win four league titles with us, all of which he was instrumental in. That is a bigger impact than any other player you mentioned had on their respective clubs.

Deery

Dreary
Sorry, but that is actually possibly the strongest argument in Silva's favour. We went from trophyless for 35 years to winning the FA Cup in his first season, and he then went on to win four league titles with us, all of which he was instrumental in. That is a bigger impact than any other player you mentioned had on their respective clubs.
That was something to do with buying the league mate.

Deery

Dreary
Right but they bought the league primarily by buying Silva, Aguero and Yaya.
They bought tons of players and you could argue it was Yaya that dragged them to the titles, as I said earlier.

JB7

Incredible footballer. Just oozed class. One of the few players I distinctly remember thinking "wow" the first time I saw him live.