David vs Goliath : Haye vs Valuev

Ekeke

Good finish but I dont think it'll be enough. Hope I'm wrong, but Holyfield beat him better and on that day Valuev was worse than he was today... And yet they gave the fight to Valuev. Looks like it'll be another dodgy win for Valuev.

Tibs

The way Haye is walking around he thinks he has won it, seems happy with his performance

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Good stuff! Was sure this was heading for a suspect Valuev decision

EZee

how did 2 judges give it to haye by 4 rounds...

and the other one see it as even :houllier:

well right outcome anyway...

bring on klitchko at the 02 arena now...

B Cantona

Desperate
Well done Haye

Didn't see the last 4 rounds, but he was winning for me before then anyway. Had Valuev at distance and was untroubled. That final round sounded a cracker on radio though, can't wait to see it

Leg-End

Valuev is a fraud, walking forward for 12 rounds and throwing the odd jab is not a champion. Haye deserved it because he threw the punches that meant something, spot on performance but a risky one given the venue.

A British World Heavyweight Champion again though, brilliant.

Drifter

American
Did what he needed to do in this fight but believe me he is the real deal and will breathe some life in the heavyweight scene

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I forgot all about this. Was it a convincing win?

Ekeke

I guess his camp didnt pay off the judges like against Holyfield. Fantastic win for Haye and probably deserved. Excellent :)

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Nice one, good for Haye. Hopefully his next few contests help to bring a bit of life to the division.

RonaldoVII

I forgot all about this. Was it a convincing win?
Could have gone either way, but considering the size difference Haye could only box one way, and he stuck to his tactics 100%. Valuev was really poor and Haye rocked him massively in the 12th.

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
It's Manchester United, United or Man United.
How did he win that by running away?
Same way Sugar Ray Leonard, amongst others, used to. Valuev only actually hit him about five times. Haye scored fairly consistently throughout the fight including a combination that almost had his opponent on the floor in the last round.
A good win despite Haye being a little too slow to apply pressure.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Same way Sugar Ray Leonard, amongst others, used to. Valuev only actually hit him about five times. Haye scored fairly consistently throughout the fight including a combination that almost had his opponent on the floor in the last round.
A good win despite Haye being a little too slow to apply pressure.
Being a world champion based on running away...The American commentators I heard gave it 2 rounds to Valuev. Guess that final round swung it.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Impressive stuff by Haye. Unlucky not to knock Valuev out at the end, his legs almost went. Haye had far too much speed and skill for Valuev, he even looked the bigger puncher.

Leg-End

Being a world champion based on running away...The American commentators I heard gave it 2 rounds to Valuev. Guess that final round swung it.
Running away, yeah because Valuev has been the champion by plodding around and relying on the judges. We didnt see the real Haye tonight, but we saw the right result.

Drifter

American
Hope the BBC try to make a deal with him but after Audley Harrison they may be cautious

Ekeke

Thats not out of the ordinary for Valuev. He usually does the same as today, only less active. He's not a power puncher but he has a good jab and he's hard to hurt. So he's normally not the biggest puncher in a fight but defensively he usually just about does enough to earn a debatable win. I wonder if the judges gave this fight to Haye, but not the win for Holyfield, because Haye fought a tactical fight similar to Valuev instead of bumrushing him and getting in as many shots as possible, taking a few back all the while. Holyfield was a bit more like that, more of a tornado but less tactical and as a result his defence wasnt as sound.

Hope the BBC try to make a deal with him but after Audley Harrison they may be cautious
Never going to happen, Haye isn't some guy from the Olympics, he's the heavyweight champion of the world, he'll never be off Sky Box Office from now on

Boxing may never really be on Terrestrial TV again, best you'll get is the early stuff, like ITV had with Khan, but it doesn't seem like terrestrial is really interested anymore, of course, I'm sure the BBC will pick up the highlights to show next weekend

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Never going to happen, Haye isn't some guy from the Olympics, he's the heavyweight champion of the world, he'll never be off Sky Box Office from now on

Boxing may never really be on Terrestrial TV again, best you'll get is the early stuff, like ITV had with Khan, but it doesn't seem like terrestrial is really interested anymore, of course, I'm sure the BBC will pick up the highlights to show next weekend
Probably true, but a real shame. Look at the interest this fight generated among casual fans - a world class British heavyweight like Haye would generate big viewing figures on terrestrial TV.