Davide Petrucci

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Hard to believe that. If it was me, I'd be on the first plane home.
Eh?? You wouldn't stick by a club that has helped look after you and still think you have a role to play when you have been injury ridden for over 2 years?!

I guess you don't really value loyalty at all.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Always the unkind word, Cnut. :)

It's not a question of liking - a player has to make the most of a short career. As John Giles once said in interview - 'football clubs never take care of anybody.'
It is a little different now and you know it.

Have you thought that he might like living here and playing for United?

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Aye, was guilty of a bit of sloppy passing too. I like Petrucci as a player though, hope he makes it at United.

Sam

Looked a lot better then Anderson in the time they were on the field.

Very impressive cameo. Would love to see him in and around the first team next season. Classy player.

Will Absolute

Looked a lot better then Anderson in the time they were on the field.

Very impressive cameo. Would love to see him in and around the first team next season. Classy player.
Ferguson seems to rate Cole and Lingard higher. Maybe because of pace. Fergie loves pace.

gza the genius

Ferguson seems to rate Cole and Lingard higher. Maybe because of pace. Fergie loves pace.
Lingard looked very good today, and always did for the reserves and the academy as well(the last two years anyway). Cole has always looked very good as well, but then again so has Petrucci, I would say all three are of similar quality.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Anderson had a very good game when he came on.

Petrucci was good though. Great strike

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Anderson did ok. He's missed a lot of football...why are we even comparing their performance? You don't win anything in the first game of pre season. Petrucci showed good technical ability and showed good confidence. If he can build on that, then you never know. The two years out hopefully made him mentally stronger then he might have been at this stage. It's a pity that effort didn't go in as it would have capped a quality 20 minutes

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I love these one player edits, great stuff!

He was robbed of a goal by the bar against AmaZulu, and Powell should have finished that fantastic chance Petrucci gave him against Shanghai when he lifted a ball from the left flank right onto the penalty spot.

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
Views on him are somewhat split - some United fans think he's a bit overhyped because he was under Pogba's shadow. I like him, he's definitely ready to start significantly contributing. He's also going to play deeper on the pitch - he reminds me of Valeron more than any other player. Lanky, good finisher, passing range, vision and good dribbling ability to boot. He has no weakness in his game that experience couldn't potentially fix. He's only 20 though, so there's no hurry yet given his blighted medical history.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I rate him and have done since I saw him play in the academy. Is it true he turned down a move back to Italy to stay at United?

Heffo

I rate him and have done since I saw him play in the academy. Is it true he turned down a move back to Italy to stay at United?
I'd say that's almost definitely true, but it's also rumoured that he was offered quite a bit more money to return to Italy so if that parts true it's nice to see after the whole Pogba saga.

Devil may care

The piano in that first it so relaxing, I almost fell asleep. :lol: what's it from?

Petrucci is looking sharp and a little sturdier than the last time I saw him, it will be interesting to see if we keep him here for the season and give him some games, as more reserve football isn't going to develop him further at this point IMO.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Views on him are somewhat split - some United fans think he's a bit overhyped because he was under Pogba's shadow. I like him, he's definitely ready to start significantly contributing. He's also going to play deeper on the pitch - he reminds me of Valeron more than any other player. Lanky, good finisher, passing range, vision and good dribbling ability to boot. He has no weakness in his game that experience couldn't potentially fix. He's only 20 though, so there's no hurry yet given his blighted medical history.
I think Petrucci was easily in the same category of talent as Pogba when he was younger, but naturally he fell behind given his injuries.

It's good to see him playing at a good level for the first team, though. I am torn as to whether or not he'll make it or not, but there's no better time for him to stake a claim. We're still waiting for this fabled midfielder, and he may well be the one given how deep he plays like you say. For me, he's a lot better on the ball and a lot more adventurous and composed than he's currently showing, but it's understandable for him to a bit more nervy and hesitant at this point. His ball retention is still good either way, and he's played a few cracking passes.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Any update on him?
I'd like to know too.
As glad as I was with our display yesterday, I was left dissapointed when I found out we weren't going to play neither him or Henriquez, basicaly the 2 young players I want to see the most (that aren't already in the 1st squad)

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Apparently he hasn't started the season well and it's not surprising he didn't make the swuad yesterday. However, I write what I read, I haven't watched even one U18 or U21 game so far this season.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He's been pretty good so far this season, while we're not at our best right now against Sunderland, he's very composed in offense and hard to get the ball from when he's on it. He definitely has an eye for a pass, he has 4 assists in 6 starts, to go with 2 goals.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I really do hope he gets chances this season - at his age, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go elsewhere to ply his trade. I guess he wants to give it his all here since he missed out on a period of time due to a bad injury, and I know players in the past have made the step up to the first team from the reserves around his current age.

With that being said though, he really does deserve a cameo appearance here or there, or at least make a few appearances in the FA Cup/COC.

Cold_Boy

He needs a loan to the championship first tbf.

Have decent hopes for him. Could be a very good player.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
He must have been slighted disappointed to see Powell come in and basically take his window of opportunity, especially after he finished last season so strongly.

In regards to a loan, I can sort of understand why he hasn't been sent out. The type of player he is means to benefit him the most we would need to find a club with the right environment that suits his style of play and can also guarantee him games. Unfortunately I don't think any Championship clubs fit this criteria currently. No point sending him out to sit on the bench, he would be better off here training with better players.