Davide Petrucci

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Awesome if true. this was a really break-through season for him, considering the amount of time he has being forced to sit out injured previously.

68-99-08

Excellent, let's hope he is given his chance. We seem to have seen many foreign prospects come and go before they properly get their chance down the years who have had similar potential such as Rossi, Eikrem, Pogba etc. Obviously each have had their reasons but with foreign recruits always seemingly getting the most hype for whatever reasons, there haven't been many that have properly broken through from youth level.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
As revealed by the editors of "Sky Sports" during the program "Special Cup", the young Italian talent of Manchester United, David Petrucci, born in '91, he signed a three-year renewal with the English side. The boy was sought from Rome, Genoa and Inter, but at this point will not arrive in Italy.

Secondo quanto rivelato dalla redazione di "Sky Sport" nel corso del programma "Speciale Calciomercato", il giovane talento italiano del Manchester United, Davide Petrucci, classe '91, avrebbe firmato un rinnovo triennale con la formazione inglese. Il ragazzo era cercato da Roma, Genoa ed Inter, ma a questo punto non arriverà in Italia.

http://www.calcionews24.com/manchester-united-rinnova-il-giovane-davide-petrucci-243022.html

dev1l

Haven't watched Powell but Petrucci played exclusively in central midfield last season. Played well too. I think Powell likes to play a bit further forward?
That's my impression too, but I m sure that we ll see him play in different positions like we did with Rooney in order to find the best position.

ricky-romeo

too early for him to be in our first team but a loan move to a side like swansea or wigan, with the promise of first team football would do a world of good for him.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Haven't watched Powell but Petrucci played exclusively in central midfield last season. Played well too. I think Powell likes to play a bit further forward?
He does, probably similar to Lampard positionally whereas Petrucci seems to have dropped back a little further.

When I went to the Senior Cup final at the end of the season Petrucci looked fully physically developed. He definitely needs first team football and I personally think he would be best served being tested at Championship level for 6 months, just to get a marker of where he really is.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Maybe we'll take him on tour with us and see how he does.

PS18

Not exclusively - played quite a few games as a 10 and when he was in centre-mid it was very rarely in a two, more typically as the attacking one in a three. Think playing as an attacking midfielder/10 is still his best position so interested to see how he's affected by Powell's arrival.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He always seemed like a great lad, so I'm not surprised this end up well.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Not exclusively - played quite a few games as a 10 and when he was in centre-mid it was very rarely in a two, more typically as the attacking one in a three. Think playing as an attacking midfielder/10 is still his best position so interested to see how he's affected by Powell's arrival.
Some of the little threw balls he played through to Will Keane when playing just behind him were surreal at times. He is well capable of playing higher up, that's for sure. But over the last year he as grown and filled out alot, so dropping him back as also inhanced his game there. Interesting season ahead to see where he is deployed. May play deeper to replace Pogba in the ressies.

Hans Moleman

Apparently Fergie has convinced Petrucci to snub double money offers from Serie A to sign a new deal with us

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Could get a few games in the first team this year.

misterredmist

Nice one, I'd given up on him, thought he was toast ! Good Luck to him, hope his potential he do fulfill !

Will Absolute

Maybe Petrucci, unlike you, appreciates that Manchester United is a more prestigious and succesful club than almost every club in Italy?
I'm sure he appreciates that, but it's his home, and he'd be earning twice as much money.

He's never played for our club, or even sat on the bench. Why wouldn't he go? Unless he's been guaranteed first team opportunities next season.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I'm sure he appreciates that, but it's his home, and he'd be earning twice as much money.

He's never played for our club, or even sat on the bench. Why wouldn't he go? Unless he's been guaranteed first team opportunities next season.
He was on the bench at Spurs away last year, and also was travelling with the squad to euro aways, training with the first team consistently, etc. He has no doubt been promised opportunities this season.

In an interview towards the end of last season he stated unprovoked that he would love to play in the first team at United more than any other club. Talk is cheap I know, but he comes across as more intelligent, mature, honest and level-headed than most young players.

On the other hand he left his boyhood club to join us and no doubt that was at least partially motivated by money, although the chance to develop under SAF and the opportunities he will get here compared to an italian club were also most likely factors.

After missing a year through injury at a key stage in his devlopment, yet coming back to make an impression shows this lads has guts and determination. I dont doubt that he put the chance to play in our first team next above the chance to return home for more money.

Also, its likely he's only on about 1 or 2k a week currently, so 'doubling your money back home' is probably not as lucrative an offer as it first sounds.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Being pedantic here but he has played for our club and he knows what the club is like. If he is staying then it means he has shown more faith in Fergie and our club than you know who did and he is willing to stay and fight for a chance to play in our first team.

Will Absolute

He was on the bench at Spurs away last year, and also was travelling with the squad to euro aways, training with the first team consistently, etc. He has no doubt been promised opportunities this season.

In an interview towards the end of last season he stated unprovoked that he would love to play in the first team at United more than any other club. Talk is cheap I know, but he comes across as more intelligent, mature, honest and level-headed than most young players.

On the other hand he left his boyhood club to join us and no doubt that was at least partially motivated by money, although the chance to develop under SAF and the opportunities he will get here compared to an italian club were also most likely factors.

After missing a year through injury at a key stage in his devlopment, yet coming back to make an impression shows this lads has guts and determination. I dont doubt that he put the chance to play in our first team next above the chance to return home for more money.

Also, its likely he's only on about 1 or 2k a week currently, so 'doubling your money back home' is probably not as lucrative an offer as it first sounds.
After Morrison, he was the young player I most admired. How great would it be if we didn't buy a midfielder and he stepped up to replace Scholes?

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
After Morrison, he was the young player I most admired. How great would it be if we didn't buy a midfielder and he stepped up to replace Scholes?
It will be exciting to see how he does in the first team thats for sure. I think fergie will give him opportunities as he seems to have the mental strength and desire that SAF often looks for in young players, as well as ability.