Davide Petrucci

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Here is hoping he stays healthy. I know it is late for him at this point but I still really feel he can make the grade here. He has a tremendous right peg.

ThanksBoss26

Another who's needed a fresh start for a while. Even the loan spells haven't worked out particularly well.

All the best to him.

I think he's the 18th player to leave this summer, including loans. A much needed clear out.

m1y2

What a sad story, he was all about dedication. He loved it here and wanted to prove himself. Some players are just extremely unlucky with injuries like him and Ando both could be great great players for us. He looked more promising than Pogba at some stage. Good luck to him

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Shame. Had high hopes for him. That year long injury really hampered him. 3 years ago was it?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Shame. Had high hopes for him. That year long injury really hampered him. 3 years ago was it?
It's always a shame when something like that happens to a promising young player. I fear Keane will go down the same route, not the same player after he got the injury. :(

Hellboy

Remember Roma were absolutely furious when we signed him as he was considered Totti's heir. Such a wasted talent.

Sweet Square

Always loved watching him in the reverses, but yeah that injury killed his chances. Hopefully he can make a descent living in football.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Used to be one of my favourite young players back in the day. He had something special about him.

Damn that injury. :(

FromTheBench

It wasn't one injury that hampered but he basically had injury problems 3 year in a row where he played very little in stop and starts. For 2 years almost he barely played IIRC at such a crucial time for development.

Then went on loan to Peterborough with Junior Fergie and had a pretty good start there scoring a cracker vs Leicester IIRC, and then again got injured and his season was over. Last season even a loan to Antwerp didn't work.

As others have said was such a good talent, and Roma was furious when he left them. Even in between injuries after a big layoff he showed his talent whenever he played even with likes of Pogba, Morrison etc..

Last edited:

kundalini

Petrucci's lack of mobility is a big problem for the english game. I could see him being a success in a less physical league assuming he can stay fit. Off the top of my head I can't recall if he was sufficiently dynamic even prior to his injury problems. An unlucky career so far, let's hope his luck changes.

FromTheBench

Btw, is rescinding contracts after deadline and signing for other clubs allowed ?

Not that anyone would care much in this instance but could be used by clubs in other situations.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Btw, is rescinding contracts after deadline and signing for other clubs allowed ?

Not that anyone would care much in this instance but could be used by clubs in other situations.
I don't see how it can't be allowed. You can terminate a contract whenever you want and you can't then not allow the player to sign for someone else as you'd be forcing them to be unemployed with no income. I suppose it could be used as method to do free transfers outside of the transfer windows.

Will Absolute

I don't see how it can't be allowed. You can terminate a contract whenever you want and you can't then not allow the player to sign for someone else as you'd be forcing them to be unemployed with no income. I suppose it could be used as method to do free transfers outside of the transfer windows.
!!:eek::eek:!!

The terms of a contract can only be altered with the consent of both parties. That tweet misspoke. Petrucci can only have terminated his contract with the agreement of Manchester United. Which I presume wouldn't have been a problem.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
!!:eek::eek:!!

The terms of a contract can only be altered with the consent of both parties. That tweet misspoke. Petrucci can only have terminated his contract with the agreement of Manchester United. Which I presume wouldn't have been a problem.
I meant the club can terminate your contract whenever they want with the necessary payoff or w.e. I'm fairly certain it works the same the other way around too, a player can terminate his contract but he'd have to buy-out his remaining salary or something. In Davide's case I'm sure it was a mutual termination and the club just let him leave as the club prides itself on acting in the best interest of its youth players.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not surprised really, he's at an age where he needs to be playing first team football every week and he seems way off doing so at United.

SecondFig

All the best to him. Hugely talented. Injuries really killed his chances here.

Remember this pass :drool:

Always loved Petrucci, but that pass in particular - I've seen few better at any level.

Best of luck to him, really hope he does have a career at the top level in him, but that injury really set him back.