Day 1: Turkey vs Italy

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think that's kind of what you get when you approach the game in such a negative, zero confidence, fashion. It must be incredibly hard mentally to just flip a switch and suddenly play with confidence. Especially when you're the underdog to begin with.
Italy look okay, but not so self assured that I would see them immune to an aggressive pressing.
I'd put this on the players more than the manager, honestly. He's looked very unhappy at how the players have played. I think when Turkey experienced the Italian press early on, they never looked comfortable.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep, Mancini is doing a great job with the material he's got, distinctly dull apart from midfield
Probably the best manager in the tournament, when you think about it. Rest are just not good enough for top domestic teams/old

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I think that's kind of what you get when you approach the game in such a negative, zero confidence, fashion. It must be incredibly hard mentally to just flip a switch and suddenly play with confidence. Especially when you're the underdog to begin with.
Italy look okay, but not so self assured that I would see them immune to an aggressive pressing.
yeah, but the level of internatiinal football is waaaay below CL level… no City, no Bayern, no Chelsea making you mad on every given ball

Red_Aaron

Turkey have barely made a tackle, they've as many fouls as Italy with a fraction of the ball (and let's be honest a lot of the fouls they've commited were soft Italian dives)

Italy have been good but this is about as easy as it gets, all the time and space in the world to knock it around

Disappointed with turkey but perhaps not unexpected for such a young side

PoTMS

So it's between Turkey and Wales for third place. Disappointed with the Turks.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Wales will be licking their lips watching this Turkey team. I expect them to beat them fairly comfortably if they play like this.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So relaxed i'm not even celebrating anymore

Pointless to play the rest of these euros, just hand us the trophy tonight

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Turkey already look a strong contender for flop of the tournament. Starting out disappointingly and the falling apart..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Impressive showing from Italy. Have them getting to the semis but that midfield with Verratti in there will be so hard to deal with.