Day 10: Ecuador vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Qatar | Iran vs USA | Wales vs England

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Gakpo, De Jong, Caicedo…World Cup scoresheet or MEN gossip column

NICanRed

Don't know what the rest of the world is seeing in TV ads. Here in Canada we have one that starts with SlippyG walking through a media scrum saying "The game's not over yet..........."
The ad then goes on to promote saving the planet, sustainability and finally Hyundai. At one point Slippy says something about the importance of staying "united" which is said with emphasis on the word. It must have nearly killed him to say that.

MUnchies

Wanted to see Xavi Simons and Malacia play in a dead rubber game or at least come on.

Stadjer

Wtf are these subs even... van Gaal does know he is allowed to use players that havent been used?

Jansen, Weghorst, Koopmeinders and Berghuis :boring:

Reportedly Simons was really good in training. Van Dijk even said so.. why not reward him with a decent amount of playtime in a dead rubber match.

NoPace

If they are performing so poorly as a host, what hope do they have in the next World Cup? They probably wouldn't even qualify for this World Cup if they weren't a host nation.
48 team World Cup and too many spots for Asia and Concacaf mean some bad central american teams and Asian teams will make it, so Qatar probably still likely to get in.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So Van Gaal has thrown on Weghorst, Janssen, Berghuis, Koopmeiners and Taylor. Guess it's nice to see Taylor here, but otherwise not really a group of players I was looking forward to seeing more of in this particular game. Pity about Simons staying off in particular.

Edit: Oh, I see now @KirkDuyt and @Stadjer had basically said this already. :D

Eurotrash

I was initially for Ecuador, but Senegal have clearly been the better team. They look much more determined, whereas Ecuador seem a bit off.

romufc

48 team World Cup and too many spots for Asia and Concacaf mean some bad central american teams and Asian teams will make it, so Qatar probably still likely to get in.
Yup like bad European teams dont get in?

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
So Van Gaal has thrown on Weghorst, Janssen, Berghuis, Koopmeiners and Taylor. Guess it's nice to see Taylor here, but otherwise not really a group of players I was looking forward to seeing more of in this particular game. Pity about Simons staying off in particular.
His subs have been awful.

Sylar

Five minutes + about ten minutes for Ecuador

Might as well lose 3-1 going for it. They need to just throw everything at this now

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was initially for Ecuador, but Senegal have clearly been the better team. They look much more determined, whereas Ecuador seem a bit off.
Which is odd because the way they played against Holland I thought they would bring a bit more energy and fight.

MDFC Manager

Senegal gave Netherlands a good game too, had great chances and should really have taken a point minimum.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Senegal will be easier for England, I think. No Gueye and also more open. Ecuador are more likely to shithouse their way to penalties in a one off game.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I wasn't bothered who won, just wanted loads of goals. Ecuador have been disappointing and toothless. Senegal definitely better and more attacking threat.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ecuador seriously lack talent on and off the pitch. The cameraman is desperately scanning their fan base for a decent looker. Not one. Settled on a chubby granny. :(

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Also wanted Ecuador beforehand but I hope Senegal hang on now. They deserve it more and Valencia's diving all game has been annoying.