Day 12: Cameroon vs. Brazil

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Deserved for Fernandinho, good game he had.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Silly quick free kick there. A chance to alleviate some of the pressure.

Eriksen

Fernandinho should definitely start ahead of fecking Paulinho anyway.
Paulinho has been immensely disappointing for us, he was the signing I was most excited about as well. Has looked very average indeed in midfield and excels at nothing in particular, hence my surprise he often starts for Brazil.

Januzaj11

Very well deserved goal for Fernandinho, and he also has a role in the build-up to the previous goal. He has suited Brazils counter-play and brought the ball out from defence quickly and this coupled with accurate quick forward passing.

His performance even without goal should guarantee him the starting berth versus Chile.

Acole9

Outstanding
Cameroon really need to get their house in order this is the second World Cup where they've been a complete joke.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Yoda often speaks like that: e.g. "Judge me by my size, do you". That's the joke.
How disappointing, I accept nothing but praise towards my English.

Sam

I think being compared to Yoda is pretty much the ultimate accolade.

stu_1992

Entertaining game. Disappointing to see Neymar go off with an injury when he was clearly in-form. I'll never understand why Hulk is in the squad, let alone starts. Poor player, who only seems to a strong shot and the fact he's built like a tank. Should be a good game against Chile in the next round.

Januzaj11

Fernandinho needs to be the permanent starter.
Yep, his performance even before the goal should guarantee him a starting berth in the knockout round versus Chile.

Paulinho just lacks the pace and agility to counter attack sufficiently with this Brazil side, unable to bring the ball out from defence quickly enough and then lacks the quick thinking to pick out accurate through balls to the forwards.

Eriksen

Yep, his performance even before the goal should guarantee him a starting berth in the knockout round versus Chile.

Paulinho lacks the pace and ability to counter-play sufficiently with this Brazil side, unable to bring the ball out from defence quickly enough and then lacks the quick thinking to pick out accurate forward balls to the forwards.
He's actually pretty quick as midfielders go and athletic. He just doesn't excel in any particular area and is a bit average. There's nothing really wrong with him, has an eye for goal as well, but he's just uninspiring. Fernandinho is certainly better.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
when will Felipao put in Fernandinho, Willian and Jo in the place of Paulinho, Hulk and Fred? I hope not when its too late

Kearnkoff69

when will Felipao put in Fernandinho, Willian and Jo in the place of Paulinho, Hulk and Fred? I hope not when its too late
Agree about the first two, but Jo's just as shite as Fred IMO. All their striker needs to do is distract the defenders and stretch the defence, creating space for Neymar to roam around just outside the box and score goals like the two today (although the first was a classic poacher's goal, with great movement to free himself some space). That said, if they're chasing the game, I'd rather they pull off the striker and throw Neymar up there, putting on another midfielder to change the shape.

Eriksen

Agree about the first two, but Jo's just as shite as Fred IMO. All their striker needs to do is distract the defenders and stretch the defence, creating space for Neymar to roam around just outside the box and score goals like the two today (although the first was a classic poacher's goal, with great movement to free himself some space). That said, if they're chasing the game, I'd rather they pull off the striker and throw Neymar up there, putting on another midfielder to change the shape.
Jo's even worse.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Fernandinho changed the game completely. He MUST start against Chile instead of Paulinho.