Day 12: Canada vs Morocco | Croatia vs Belgium | Costa Rica vs Germany | Japan vs Spain

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It was an entertaining 0-0. I’m happy for Morocco I guess, though I’m not a big fan of them

Gordon S

Have no warm feelings for Lukaku but not sure anyone deserves THAT performance.
He will wake up in cold sweat 15 years from now dreaming about this :lol:

fallengt

Didn't they riot last time Belgium lost to Morocco?
Oh boy, pray for the people there. This is hard to swallow

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Didn't they riot last time Belgium lost against Morocco?
Oh boy, pray for the people there. This is hard to swallow
Moroccan "fans" were rioting in Belgium and Netherlands because Morocco beat Belgium.

Imagine the riots when they eventually get knocked out (they aren't winning the WC).

crossy1686

career ending
To be fair to Lukaku, he’s only played 31 minutes since august but feck me he’ll never recover from that performance and it’s not like he was good before it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Lukaku's finishing was shit (thank God for that) but he completely changed the game tbh. Belgium were far better team with him

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Unironically this was best Belgium performance in the group, kinda late, but very weird as i expected them to have their worst performance against Croatia, and dominate Morocco and Canada...it was the opposite.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Martinez just announced he's quit (or was fired). So a silver lining at least.

Nephron

Supports
Bayern Munich
70 minutes left. I feel like 4 1/2 years ago. Just beat South-Korea Costa Rica and all will be fine.
Nervous as shit right now.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
BTW Taylor is a clown. Always have to make it about himself
That quick freekick De Bruyne made that he had retaken was scandalous. Did Belgium even asked for a whistle? I don't think so, because the freekick was eventually taken without a whistle.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
70 minutes left. I feel like 4 1/2 years ago. Just beat South-Korea Costa Rica and all will be fine.
Nervous as shit right now.

I like that lineup. Great balance to it. Kimmich right back, Gnabry and Sane to give pace on the wings, Musiala roaming attacker... Muller up top is probably his preference but one where they can put Fullkrug or Havertz there.

Expect a comfortable win here

diarm

Imagine being Morocco - you get drawn into a group with 2 of the last world cups semi-finalists, win that group, and your reward is most likely a match against Germany!

massi83

That quick freekick De Bruyne made that he had retaken was scandalous. Did Belgium even asked for a whistle? I don't think so, because the freekick was eventually taken without a whistle.
Taylor very clearly went to tell KdB to wait for the whistle. And Taylor is in the middle of the players telling them to not make fouls, in that kind of situation the play is always dead. The only odd thing about the situation is that KdB was dumb enough to not understand it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Martinez gone, get the feck in.

We could be dark horses again as soon as 2024.

Robertd0803

Imagine being Morocco - you get drawn into a group with 2 of the last world cups semi-finalists, win that group, and your reward is most likely a match against Germany!
Yeah its a bit crazy really.

KeanoMagicHat

What happens if Germany win and Japan draw?
Germany need to win by two goals I think to be sure. But Japan also have to match Germany’s goals, if they drew 0-0 with Spain then a 1-0 win would do it for Germany (I think). Whereas if they drew 2-2 and Germany only won 1-0 they’d go through.

diarm

Have no warm feelings for Lukaku but not sure anyone deserves THAT performance.
He will wake up in cold sweat 15 years from now dreaming about this :lol:
No he won't.

He'll wake up tomorrow morning, comfortable in the belief that it was all someone else's fault. That's just how he is.

KeanoMagicHat

Meanwhile Argentina lose to Saudi Arabia and get Australia in the last 16.

MUnchies

What happened to Ansu Fati? I know he has had some injuries this season but he has been underwhelming for a while now. Couldn't even get on when Spain won 7-0 vs Costa Rica

Blackwidow

I like that lineup. Great balance to it. Kimmich right back, Gnabry and Sane to give pace on the wings, Musiala roaming attacker... Muller up top is probably his preference but one where they can put Fullkrug or Havertz there.

Expect a comfortable win here
With Sane and Musiala and with the three in the back and sometimes added by Kimmich - there will not be many crosses but most through the middle. Müller might not be the strong number 9 - but he will be able to occupy the defenders and is smart to give the others more space. And when a ball falls in front of his feet he seems to be in pretty good shooting form.

And Flick ball is pressing - and the best organisator for pressing is Müller.

marktan

This Japan coach is crazy, again not playing there two most technical players in Mitoma and Minamino. Them two and players like Asano on in the second half vs Germany saw them dominate, and yet he hasn't started them. Seriously killing any chance Japan has.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Still better than finishing second and most likely facing Spain followed by Brazil. No easy way out of that group...

Blackwidow

This Japan coach is crazy, again not playing there two most technical players in Mitoma and Minamino. Them two and players like Asano on in the second half vs Germany saw them dominate, and yet he hasn't started them. Seriously killing any chance Japan has.
You will not win the possession match against Spain - you need runners and pressers to quiet their midfield - and then take the chances if you have them.

Kopral Jono

Belgium with a very strange World Cup campaign. They did more than enough to win and on another day they probably would (Croatia's defending was diabolical at times), but on the balance of their other performances they deserve to go home. Not that I'm complaining, though, as part of team anyone but Belgium I can now breathe a huge sigh of relief.

arnie_ni

Did the idiot on itv just compare musiala to busquets, twice?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Again with Müller up front and Füllkrug on the bench, just why, god, why

Kimmich back at RB, it seems. Better than the alternatives, surely, but we'll see if his absence in the center shows.