Day 13: Ghana vs Uruguay | South Korea vs Portugal | Cameroon vs Brazil | Serbia vs Switzerland

Revan

Assumptionman
Thats actually weird, because my knowledge was always a Siptar is Albanian living on Kosovo, it is a slang, guess same how feckers says ciganin vs rom for gypsies, i surelly wouldnt say anything silly like making it even close to n word, the hell.
Or how African Americans in the US often call themselves n****, but it is a bit racist if you call them like that. Try it and see what happens.

Also, how Albanians call themselves is a bit different to 'Siptari'.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, never once tried to beat his man. Just silly little twists and turns that went nowhere. He was really crap. It’s disappointing as surely you’d want him to show a bit of determination to cement a place in the side.

Still, he is coming back off of an injury so worth giving him the benefit of the doubt.
He rinsed his man, very early on. Then did it again and got him booked. I thought he was going to have an awesome game after those first few minutes. But he was total gash from then on. His fullback on a yellow card and didn’t take advantage of that at all.

Sylar

Swiss have done such a great job of killing the game once they got the third

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Bit weird how you’re going in on Antony to be fair. It hasnt been that bad, the game is being played out as one team not having anything to play for. It’s not that deep
The problem is, it's often the same thing with him. A nice little dribble, some activity, a couple of nice one touch passes, and a whole lot of nothing in the final third because he pretty much always does the same thing. It was pretty obvious as Cameroun's center back wasn't even trying to defend the depth since he knew Antony wouldn't even try to get there and cross. Raphinha (who isn't an elite player) created more in 2 plays because he actually did cross and put the ball in the box.

He had a chance to shuffle the deck a bit tonight and I'm sure it's why a lot of people here are disapointed and critical. He didn't take advantage of it and will quietly go back to the bench as a 2nd or 3rd sub for the right side.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has anyone won three out of three in the group stages if Brazil stay at 0-0?

Cal?

CR7 fan
You had the same number of teams back when there were 24 teams and not 32.

Back then you regularly got 10 teams in the last 16, now you get 7. That means greater participation from other regions has improved them. That's the idea, not doing away with the last play off and end up watching Sweden, Ukraine and North Macedonia instead (with all due respect).
Don't get me started on Conmebol, back then you used to get at least 4 into the last 16 regularly, now you have 2, yet 60%+ of teams qualify? :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Always find annoying watching players dramatically gesture that the ball should have been passed to them or left for them when the player who took the shot was in a equally good position or better to score.

Sylar

Serbia need to risk a few more players forward and a 4-2 loss cos they are going out anyway

cyberman

That's what I don't understand. He wasn't losing possession or wasting chances or stopping attacks. He was just average. Similar to many performances we've seen from other wingers in this tournament. Yet I haven't seen this level of need to call someone poor.

I would have liked for him to do more to win his place, but acting like he was bad is just weird.
It’s the exact same performance I’ve seen from every other top side without anything to play for. Only difference is Brazil aren’t playing bad enough to be losing.
I like Antony, he presses well but Brazil aren’t pressing tonight. He keeps possession well around the box and is very press resistant, Cameroon aren’t doing that neither. It’s just being played out and everything has been very predestination because of it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's not really a racial slur, ahiptars from Kosovo call themselves Sqiptars, same like Cigani call themselves Cigani but when someone else say it it's racism.
Yeah but like... A Serb saying it about kosovar Albanians is probably under the realm of racism here ... Though I dunno, Balkan racism just feels different to me than other racism. You expect Balkan racism and it's not a huge shock when it happens basically :lol:

R'hllor

Dunno who deserves more to move forward Swiss or Cameroon, i know these cnuts dont

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah but like... A Serb saying it about kosovar Albanians is probably under the realm of racism here ... Though I dunno, Balkan racism just feels different to me than other racism. You expect Balkan racism and it's not a huge shock when it happens basically :lol:
So true :lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
For a true World Cup you need teams from all over the world, believe it or not. Having UEFA centric tournament with invitational spots occasionally for other federations would be absolute shite
The current ratio already has teams from all over the world, having even more CAF, AFC, Concacaf teams ahead of better UEFA teams just makes the competition worse (in terms of quality).

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Probably dosen't mean anything in long run but must be first time in decades no team has 100% winning ratio in group stages.

Brazil have 9 minutes to change that.
Might be totally wrong here, but feels like a lot of teams, possibly more than usual, made wholesome changes for the third match when qualified already. Likely something to do with the world cup in the middle of the season

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It’s the exact same performance I’ve seen from every other top side without anything to play for. Only difference is Brazil aren’t playing bad enough to be losing.
I like Antony, he presses well but Brazil aren’t pressing tonight. He keeps possession well around the box and is very press resistant, Cameroon aren’t doing that neither. It’s just being played out and everything has been very predestination because of it.
We're on a United forum, makes sens people focus on United players a bit more.

Also, Martinelli did a better job on the other side.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doesn't change much I guess. Switzerland needs to concede 2

Red card for taking shirt off :lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

What an idiot. Cameroon just scored and then the scorer takes a silly 2nd yellow card for taking the shirt off. :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
If Switzerland scores again, they win the group right? Come on guys, try.