g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 13: Japan vs. Colombia

Jacob

Come on now, I prefer Japs to go through over the Greek snooze fest

RedDevil-85

Nice goal from Japan right before half time.
Hope they come out in the 2nd half ready to attack

LetMeRollIt

Japan playing much aggressively than the previous two games. Generally more courageous with more people getting involved in the attack, and passing to attackers trying to get behind the defense line. Good thing they were able to equalize in the first half while they took so many shots. Why couldn't they play like this before?

CB Konno had several nice intercepts, but overall might be a liability. He's up against attackers who are faster than he's usually playing against and gave up a penalty. His terrible pass to an opponent near the end of the first half is perhaps an indication that he's tired.

Colombian counterattack is really dangerous and they started eight new players.

Okubo looking really sharp with his short dribbles and shots and the overhead attempt. Kagawa had several nice moves, but he needs to be able to take stronger shots and somewhere away from the keeper, like the far upper corner.

Honda shouldn't hog the ball trying to make all the dangerous passes himself. Play it simple, move the ball around, and your mates might be able to make that pass.

Generally even more decisiveness and more mid-range shots, please.

ottosec

So, if Japan scores another and Greece win, they go through?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Bad game for Quintero, deservedly off. Even at Porto he performed poorly when starting and amazingly when off the bench. I wonder what's his problem with starting matches.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
So what's the story with Kiyotake? I saw him a couple of times for Nuremburg and liked what I saw. Surely he'd be better than Okubo who has been shite.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
That face plant by balanta was brilliant!

ctp

So what's the story with Kiyotake? I saw him a couple of times for Nuremburg and liked what I saw. Surely he'd be better than Okubo who has been shite.
Kiyotake isn't a striker. The weird thing is that they aren't playing Okazaki up front who is a striker and a pretty good one at that.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
James is brilliant. Such an experienced and confident footballer, and still only 22.

RooneyLegend

James rodriguez is really fast maturing into a world class footballer. He needs to sign for a top team sooner rather than later.

FromTheBench

Thing with Rodriguez is though he isn't a Winger. More of a AM/Inside forward.

We need someone who can carry the ball over large distances and on the outside too more.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I was just wondering what Falcao must be thinking now, missing the World Cup and seeing his teammates win the group. Having said that, Zlatan's still tearing it up in his 30's so maybe he'll get another chance.

Tillo

Sad as it sounds, the Japanese mentality might prevent them from complaining enough for things like elbows to the head to be sentenced.