Day 13: Japan vs. Colombia

Okocha119

Happy for Mondragon, used to be a great goalie, still remember him playing for Köln, now let's see him win the whole thing (not all that unlikely to be honest) :)

Rodriguez has just been pure class so far. Best player of the tournament about en parre with Robben. Colombia have been impressive so far, even if they have had an easy group. With all the problems the top teams have, a lot of player being used to the conditions and not all Columbian players having played 50 + matches this season they are a serious contender for the World Cup.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm very disappointed in Honda. He's the main man for Japan's team, and he's been poor throughout this tournament. He tries too hard to do complicated things when the simpler options make themselves available. Okazaki's movement is amazing, and I really wonder why Zaccheroni doesn't play him as a striker. Okubo's a good dribbler but a poor finisher and cost Japan several times with his misses. Hasebe also did alright in bringing the ball forward but was poor defensively, though that is expected when Japan do push up.

Colombia are such a joy to watch, and I now know why they were labelled as dark horses in this World Cup. Even with the midfield and defence that they have, they're still very good, defensively, and have only conceded 2 goals so far. Their counterattacks are very dangerous, and their players show lots of good movement and interplay between them. Their attacking players are very talented, themselves, particularly James Rodriguez, who's up there with the best players of the World Cup.

RooneyLegend

Let's just get James rodriguez here. There's no value arguement we can make in this situation. Ask them how much they want, and pay it.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
James always loved a good chip:

Ruht

Dinks one over the keeper.
Incredible composure. He's been outstanding this WC, really hope to see him in a big club after the summer. No disrespect to Monaco meant, but he could do much better.

Devil may care

Colombia as a whole are very exciting to watch and James Rodriguez was fantastic in the 2nd half, it's not just his class and quality that impress though, he seems to lift the other players as well.