Day 13: Slovakia vs Spain | Sweden vs Poland | Portugal vs France | Germany vs Hungary

Dobba

Ukraine have gone from not even being a country to getting out of the group stage at 2 different international tournaments in my lifetime. Sheva being directly involved in both is just perfect too.

marktan

Route to the final for England as easy as you could ask for.

All the best teams on the other side of the draw
Christ, poor Belgium haha. Need to win 3 very tough ties to even reach the final. Whereas the winner of Germany England almost guaranteed to be there.

Have to say that group F having 3 top teams with most other groups only having 1 has made the tournament pretty unfavourable for a lot of teams.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We play Belgium now... if we go through we play Italy... and if we go through that we most likely play France again before the final :lol: that's after a group where we played France, Germany and Hungary in Budapest with a full stadium

You can't make this up, has to be the worst draw in tournament history. 2016 aside our luck with draws is ridiculously bad
Well if you beat them all you could get lucky and beat us in the finals.

bosskeano

England/Germany winner could easily go the euro final and quite honestly neither team have shown they are good enough

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
This 24 teams format simply put has to fecking die a horrible death.

The lack of excitement is obvious.

The 4 best third teams is just pure shit.
You could go through with 2 points.
Ukraine go through with a single win against fecking Macedonia.

This whole tournament is crap.
Not to mention the whole " almost everybody plays at home" shit.

And its 2021 ffs! Call it euro 2021!!!
Was your fish & chips overcooked, mate? :lol: Enjoy the ride… it’s Jeux sans frontières silly season all over again.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
We play Belgium now... if we go through we play Italy... and if we go through that we most likely play France again before the final :lol: that's after a group where we played France, Germany and Hungary in Budapest with a full stadium

You can't make this up, has to be the worst draw in tournament history. 2016 aside our luck with draws is ridiculously bad
Well... the 3rd should go home anyway so... it is kind of a gift even if you play Brazil 70' 4 times in a row.

Okocha119

England/Germany winner could easily go the euro final and quite honestly neither team have shown they are good enough
So far I see absolutely no reason as to why either Germany or England should beat Holland. The group stages should have been humbling to both.

Siorac

Playing at home in the earlier must have been fantastic as well.
Yeah, incredible atmosphere in both games. The half-time break against France, when we were 1-0 up, was quite literally indescribable.

Robertd0803

Euro 2016 last 16 draw
Wales vs Denmark, June 26, Amsterdam
Italy vs Austria, June 26, London
Netherlands vs Czech Republic, June 27, Budapest
Belgium vs Portugal, June 27, Seville
Croatia vs Spain, June 28, Copenhagen
France vs Switzerland, June 28, Bucharest
England vs Germany, June 29, London
Sweden vs Ukraine, June 29, Glasgow

FFS should have been at the Belgium vs Portugal game.

Some cracking looking games there.

bosskeano

So far I see absolutely no reason as to why either Germany or England should beat Holland. The group stages should have been humbling to both.
I just don't see Holland having the goal scoring ability to beat either HOWEVER i'll be rooting for Holland to win that matchup for sure

Dan_F

This 24 teams format simply put has to fecking die a horrible death.

The lack of excitement is obvious.

The 4 best third teams is just pure shit.
You could go through with 2 points.
Ukraine go through with a single win against fecking Macedonia.

This whole tournament is crap.
Not to mention the whole " almost everybody plays at home" shit.

And its 2021 ffs! Call it euro 2021!!!
Weird night to go down this route :lol:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Should be disappointed with anything less than getting to the semis.
Germany/england can be in final with easier route with nederlands only bit tough. Low or Southgate who will be lucky.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I'd like a France-Italy in the semis and winning it against Germany.

DickDastardly

Weird night to go down this route :lol:
Was your fish & chips overcooked, mate? :lol: Enjoy the ride… it’s Jeux sans frontières silly season all over again.
?????
I like the 16 teams better but today wasn't lacking for drama
The lack of excitement - both teams knew they're going through. Feck that.

And with 4 points at that. Bullshit.

Ukraine with 3 points? Just dumb.

Croatia vs Spain? They're both SECOND!!!!
Second vs second? What the feck is that!

Im pissed cos not only do i don't know the rules anymore and this var shit is pissing me, i now don't the fecking draws anymore!!

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Holy moly, I was not expecting Sweden to win the group going into the Euros. I am a happy Swede tonight.
Cheers brother:) Although I have been optimistic from the start,I'd never imagine to be so proud of them already. Have said from the beginning that 1/16 is good,but our ceiling is quarter finals. Anything beyond that is a nice shocker:D

This is why I love Euros; small margins in the end, plenty of room for surprises. Although, not referring to Sweden in this case, I mean just in general. :drool:

Okocha119

I just don't see Holland having the goal scoring ability to beat either HOWEVER i'll be rooting for Holland to win that matchup for sure
Hard to critique Holland's goal scoring ability when England have scored 2 goals while Holland have scored 8. The whole "easy route to the final" thing just feels like unjustified arrogance when the potential QF/SF opponents haven't been any worse than Germany/England.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Well... the 3rd should go home anyway so... it is kind of a gift even if you play Brazil 70' 4 times in a row.
3rd should go home? That's your worst problem with the tournament format when Portugal, France and Germany can be drawn in the same group with two of the 4 teams in the group having home advantage?

Really?

The games don't play out the same way if the third placed team doesn't go through either. Pretending the results would be the same if the rules were different doesn't make sense.

Gonçalo Motta

The lack of excitement - both teams knew they're going through. Feck that.

And with 4 points at that. Bullshit.

Ukraine with 3 points? Just dumb.

Croatia vs Spain? They're both SECOND!!!!
Second vs second? What the feck is that!

Im pissed cos not only do i don't know the rules anymore and this var shit is pissing me, i now don't the fecking draws anymore!!
Group F was probably one of the groups (or the only group) where the best third teams rule actually made it even more interesting to watch and added to the drama since anything could happen in this round.
I don't like the rule that much either, but today isn't the day to complain about that.

krentz

The rule is annoying, i'm completely at lost who is going through and who will face who? seriously why cant we have the old traditional form?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeeeees. Phew, that was close.
Really feel for the Hungary players but can't deny I feel a bit Schadenfreude towards Orban and the hungarian government.

Now England - Germany in Wembley. Could be the (semi) final but will still be a great game hopefully.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Well if you beat them all you could get lucky and beat us in the finals.
Is there a party over there for seeing us go to the other side of the draw? :lol:

Don't think we have any chance of making it all the way now but we won 5 years ago so it's okay as long as they go out with their heads held high. I'm just hoping Germany doesn't make the final on that side, nothing against them but that would be boring. England, Netherlands or even Denmark for the story would be a lot of fun

bosskeano

Hard to critique Holland's goal scoring ability when England have scored 2 goals while Holland have scored 8. The whole "easy route to the final" thing just feels like unjustified arrogance when the potential QF/SF opponents haven't been any worse than Germany/England.
the opponents they played against played a major role in that as well but i do agree that England have been rather embarrassing in this tournament when they came in with such huge promise and expectations