Day 16: Brazil vs. Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbat12

I'm actually happy that Brazil won. As much as I dislike that team, imagine if Chile managed to go forward and Vidal and Sanchez had a great WC. Their price will skyrocket like crazy.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
I died today. Don't even know why I was so attached to the game but it was crazy. It was as if my own team went out. I could barely watch brasil corners for the last 20 minutes or so and during the penalties.. I don't even remember the last time I was that nervous.
EFF THIS. Why? Why why why why why

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Who is so hateable that plays for brazil

Apart from Luiz i cant see who is hateable?
Most of them.

Luiz, Marcelo, Alves, Hulk. Mostly irrational hatred tbf.

For me, personally, I just don't like their style. Use to love their "you score but we score more" attitude.

Also there aren't any United players to cheer.

tomac

Both not reds. The officiating was spot on so lets not make stuff up to fit the script that has been dreamt up.
weve seen players get reds at this wc for way less so I still think that they were both staight reds

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Was anyone else irritated by the fans who started cheering and jumping around because they were on TV right before the first penalty? Jus me then? Ok...

DavidDeSchmikes

Julio cesar was nearly in tears before the shootout...imagine the Brazilian's emotions if they were to lose in the final now

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Feel for Chile, think they probably deserved to go through but even if not to go out after hitting the bar late on and then the post in the shoot-out is crushing.

Don't rate, and don't like, this Brazil side. The sooner they're dumped out the better. Oh and what a game!

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Butt.. but FIFA will gift Brazil a way to the finals

pathetic scum, think before opening your gob
Easy there man, it's standard cliché and every hosting nation gets it.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I can't stand that Brazil are through. They have Neymar and that's it. And if they win this tournament it's because they were always meant to.
I did want Brazil to win it but I just cant see them doing it. I think there are 4 or 5 teams left in it that are better than Brazil and unless Brazil have some dramatic change in form I dont know how they can win it. I think I just want to see the best team win it now but I dont know who that is to be honest.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I died today. Don't even know why I was so attached to the game but it was crazy. It was as if my own team went out. I could barely watch brasil corners for the last 20 minutes or so and during the penalties.. I don't even remember the last time I was that nervous.
EFF THIS. Why? Why why why why why
RIP in pieces

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was the best player on the pitch in the first half while carrying a knock. Went missing in the 2nd half though.
Best player on the pitch? No way. Even hulk was better than him not to mention the chile players who turns up.

Count Orduck

Can I just say again how much I admire Neymar's courage and ability to deal with pressure? The kid could barely walk by the end of the game! Well done Mr Neymar!
Courage? He's not standing in the trenches in World War 1 dodging machine gun fire and incoming shells; he's kicking a leather sphere around a grass rectangle with a bunch of other prima donnas.

Courage. Jesus Christ.

Nanook

It was a great game. I'm slightly disappointed that Chile went out in such an unlucky way. The 2 saves that Cesar made were questionable, as he was off the line on both of them. I think one of the other officials blew the whistle on one of them. They should really crackdown on that rule, or remove it altogether. Oh well, I guess it's good that Brazil is through, otherwise there probably would have been more riots in the streets.
I think there is an unwritten rule for GK that you're allowed to come off your line a little bit, it would be too unnatural to stand directly on your line and make it far easier for the penalty takers. I agree it needs clearing up though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who is so hateable that plays for brazil

Apart from Luiz i cant see who is hateable?
What exactly is likable about this brazil team? They aren't good to watch, usually have the refs on their side since they're home, no real likable players, they are the favourites, fans booing other anthems, and already had a huge amount of luck. There really isn't much going their way for neutrals.

CantonaGiggs1

David Luiz set the tone for that penalty shootout. He's always been good at penalties every time I have seen him. He also did well against Bayern in 2012 CL final.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Germany will walk this World Cup. Very good in all areas around the pitch. Argentina will be their main threat but not even Messi will be able to take them on by himself.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Courage? He's not standing in the trenches in World War 1 dodging machine gun fire and incoming shells; he's kicking a leather sphere around a grass rectangle with a bunch of other prima donnas.

Courage. Jesus Christ.
Courage is the wrong word, but his ability to handle the pressure being put on him from an entire nation is remarkable.

RustyS

You think that people offering an opinion on a football forum means they're 'pathetic scum'?
Obviously not, but there has been something of an agenda when it comes to "opinions" on officiating. So I understand the poster's frustration because it is already discrediting the tournament and Brazil if they win the whole thing.

The ref in game one didn't have a great game and that is all there is to it.

Mozart

As much as I don't like Neymar, you got to handle it to him that he is dealing very well with the pressure and at times carries the whole of the team

wwwwww

Incredible drama, this World Cup has been absolutely brilliant.

Not sure how the rest of the second round ties live up to that though!
Well for tonight's match - maybe if Suarez loses his balance (again), falls from his sofa at home in Uruguay onto the pitch in Brazil and gets hit in his gnashers again.. Just maybe.

You know how unlucky he is. It just could happen.

Mali_Zeus

Obviously not, but there has been something of an agenda when it comes to "opinions" on officiating. So I understand the poster's frustration because it is already discrediting the tournament and Brazil if they win the whole thing.

The ref in game one didn't have a great game and that is all there is to it.
Nobody is discrediting the tournament. People are discrediting Brasil.

Status
Not open for further replies.