Day 16: Brazil vs. Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zes

Courage? He's not standing in the trenches in World War 1 dodging machine gun fire and incoming shells; he's kicking a leather sphere around a grass rectangle with a bunch of other prima donnas.

Courage. Jesus Christ.
How can you enjoy football (I assume you do) and then post something like that? Of course it's not trenches, but it's absolutely unimaginable pressure I reckon. Cynical way of looking at it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Courage? He's not standing in the trenches in World War 1 dodging machine gun fire and incoming shells; he's kicking a leather sphere around a grass rectangle with a bunch of other prima donnas.

Courage. Jesus Christ.
Ah now, you could use that example to downplay nearly every example of courage going.

If any of us were in his shoes there we'd be absolutely bricking it. It does take courage and nerve to step up like that.

CantonaGiggs1

not if they keep getting decisions and keep fluking games they were terrible in. I just don't see any team beating Brazil.
If that cross bar was a couple of inches higher, Brazil would be out right now. It is possible(very tough, agree) to beat them.

I don't know if Colombia is that team. I'll have to see how they play against Uruguay in a knockout game.

ManUSarge

Brasil are just riding their luck and the home field advantage right now. Not really impressed by them at all. Definitely not the Brasil of old (late 90's-00's for me). I expect Brasil to get demolished in the next round.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff

Courage. Jesus Christ.
It's all relative buddy!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Courage. Jesus Christ.
:lol: Well then I better hope you never praised a footballer for anything! Why don't you just relax a bit?

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
I have been watching World Cups since 1994 and I'm yet to see Brazil play joga bonito. They've had great players like Ronaldo, Romario, Bebeto, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo but they've not produced the exhilarating footie. And this current team is the worst of the lot. Only Neymar and Silva would have made the 2002 squad

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I rate Chile more than I do Colombia and Brazil have knocked them out, so I don't see Colombia beating Brazil.

manufanatic

"crazy"
Germany will walk this World Cup. Very good in all areas around the pitch. Argentina will be their main threat but not even Messi will be able to take them on by himself.
Maybe but ozil and that defense with 4 center backs can be horrid. Ghana rip them to shreds so I'm not penciling them in the final yet

7th level red

brazil celebrating like david moyes is embarrassing to themselves and the nation.

If I were brazilian I would be embarrassed by it.

wwwwww

Courage. Jesus Christ.
A great proportion of the pressure comes from the focus on the individual and the fact that they are currently being "different" in some way.

In WWI I imagine that everyone on the field of battle was doing (and going through) roughly the same thing.

It's different.

Mozart

Yeah I know but they make a good job of building this whole protest thing up
Are the protests even in the media anymore? At least here in Austria anything negative surrounding the World Cup has pretty much disappeared the day the WC started. Is it just being kept under the rugs or have the big protests genuinly diminished?

labamba

So which team has played amazing football and won the world cup? I began watching WC since 1998.

Also it's obvious that Brazil is not getting a free pass to the semis, the ref could have helped Brazil if he wanted.

Fenomeno9

I have been watching World Cups since 1994 and I'm yet to see Brazil play joga bonito. They've had great players like Ronaldo, Romario, Bebeto, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo but they've not produced the exhilarating footie. And this current team is the worst of the lot. Only Neymar and Silva would have made the 2002 squad
We haven't played Jogo Bonito since the 80's. The closest team was probably 97-99 team but even them played with 2 destroyer DM.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
This Brazil squad is not great, but I don't understand the shit they get on here. So far Germany and Holland have offered more, I don't think Brazil will win it despite the home support. I want Brazil to win it, but I have a bias, and I know it means more to them than anyone else (huge generalisation but it's true).

manufanatic

"crazy"
Germany and the Dutch are still waiting for there World Cup and both failed last time agaisnt Spain but one who assume that Germany France or Netherlands will be in the final.. I know this his crazy but tomorrow game holland and Mexico is a toss up. Mexico if they beat holland they could be a threat

kotha

whatever dude keep living in your fantasy land where brazil is the so called greatest team
But no one has said that.. None of us are claiming that Brazil are the greatest team,all we are saying is that they both did not look like clear red card incidents..

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
very very true, well said.
Not really, no, it's a totally inappropriate over-analysis.

Next time someone wins a tough game and a comment like "great feat" surfaces let's all downplay it and tell that great feats are the stuff that Pasteur, Jesus Christ and front line soldiers did.

Dylan94

Germany and Holland are both much better teams so hopefully we'll be spared of them actually winning it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Personally I thought Brazil deserved to go through despite being a really terrible team. Whatever about red cards they might have had, their disallowed goal was at least debateable. Had more chances through the game too and looked the most interested in pushing for the win in extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.