Day 17: England vs Germany | Sweden vs Ukraine (Ro16 7&8)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 44
Tuesday 29 June, 18.00 CET @ Wembley Stadium, London
Round of 16
Ref: Danny Makkelie (Netherlands)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 43
Tuesday 29 June, 21.00 CET @ Hampden Park, Glasgow
Round of 16
Ref: Daniele Orsato (Italy)​

Last edited:

Raredaredevil

This is Gareth Southgate's first real test. Beat Germany and England pretty much have a straight path to the final. As a Die Mannschaft fan, this is my biggest fear as England is a match-up nightmare for Germany.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Sweden and Germany to the quarters. Sorry England, but Germany in the knockout stages are a different animal and Southgates coward tactics will not go well against them.

As a Swede, I prefer England in a quarter though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The winner of Sweden - Ukraine will probably lose next round anyway.

That being said, I have no idea how to predict England-Germany. If Germany had beaten Hungary convincingly I would have said Germany but they still seem vulnerable...

izec

I predict Germany will beat England with ease

Gareth is the main reason, he is just a tool

FatTails

Going to be fascinating. Both are good, but flawed, teams. Ultimately, I think Germany will win.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
This is Gareth Southgate's first real test. Beat Germany and England pretty much have a straight path to the final. As a Die Mannschaft fan, this is my biggest fear as England is a match-up nightmare for Germany.
I don’t think you’ll win easily against us. Think it’s 50 50 to be honest. If we’ll get there of course.

Djemba-Djemba

Sweden and Germany to the quarters. Sorry England, but Germany in the knockout stages are a different animal and Southgates coward tactics will not go well against them.

Even after last time?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Talking like you have a chance against either :lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This Germany team is ropey at best. We have got a fantastic chance on Tuesday.

Djemba-Djemba

I can never be confident against Germany.

Our first team against their under 21s and I still wouldn't be confident in us winning.

There's a mental block .

Raredaredevil

The winner of Sweden - Ukraine will probably lose next round anyway.

That being said, I have no idea how to predict England-Germany. If Germany had beaten Hungary convincingly I would have said Germany but they still seem vulnerable...
If Germany had beaten Hungary, England would face France.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Why is England still having home advantage? This EURO really is weird.

Don't know how to predict this game. If England tries to actually play the game, we will win with ease. If they park the bus, we will struggle hard i guess.

Irwin99

England have to break the cycle and beat a good midfield in a knockout game eventually. It's been a curse for too long.

I get the feeling Kroos and Rice will be key players for both teams. I fancy Kane to score against that defence as well.

saivet

Why is England still having home advantage? This EURO really is weird.

Don't know how to predict this game. If England tries to actually play the game, we will win with ease. If they park the bus, we will struggle hard i guess.
The match was meant to be in Dublin but their matches got taken away from them because they didn't guarantee fans. England got a bit lucky that this match was moved to Wembley.

The group matches moved to Russia, giving Russia home advantage in a couple of group games.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
England playing all games at home is a bit silly. Though if they're the only real team we have to beat to get to the final, bring em on. Least impressive top team so far. Go England!

England have to break the cycle and beat a good midfield in a knockout game eventually. It's been a curse for too long.

I get the feeling Kroos and Rice will be key players for both teams. I fancy Kane to score against that defence as well.
i wouldn’t be surprised to see Henderson start alongside Phillips. Did well when he came on, and another full week of training. Must be close to starting.

England playing all games at home is a bit silly. Though if they're the only real team we have to beat to get to the final, bring em on. Least impressive top team so far. Go England!
would love to play the Dutch at this tournament! I’ll be solely concentrating on the next match though. No chicken counting here.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm torn. On the one hand, it'd lovely to see Gareth and the boy beat Germans. On the other, the fate of playing Sweden in the quarters and their legendary defence is going to be incredibly frustrating.

Ah well. Cross that bridge when we come to it.

Djemba-Djemba

Think so. 4-1 I think? Though that 1 goal send us through on goal difference I think.

Didnt Jan Wouters elbow Gazza too?
Can't really remember, but I know it was one of the very very few times England had a big game and actually turned up for it though.

Would be good to play you again.